Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Hi ombre, points taken, I am new to programs such a Photoshop, when I was an offset printer I was given a proof or a colour copy and had to reproduce it, some times the colour sample that we were provided with was maybe an apple or a pair of shoes. Hence the desire to match real colour, which sounds a lot easier than it is to accomplish. Yes there is no perfect reproduction process, there is always a loss in every process. I was a printer for 22 years before I saw the writing on the wall, that home computers and the internet was going to radically alter the industry. That was when I enrolled at uni to do a Bachelor of Science and then a Grad Diploma in Education. We all should be life long learners, so my aim for the next year is to do some night school courses in digital photography and Photoshop.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Got a little bored during CNY with nothing to do... therefore:

C&C if you like =)

So far I observed that the W/B is not consistent in shot with purple bg.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Your poses are good!

Just that the purple B/G your skintone abit not nice, should PP abit to adjust your skintone.

Other den that, its good
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Twinkle Twinkle little star... How I wonder what you are... Up above the sky so high... ...

No one has CNY photos to share?! There hasn't been a post for 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Twinkle Twinkle little star... How I wonder what you are... Up above the sky so high... ...

No one has CNY photos to share?! There hasn't been a post for 2 days!
    we should plan a outing for next week

Kit lens + flash only =X

Anyway, I don't mind. Just very curious though, what happened to our dear Vinze? Clunk did you drop him in the pool? Maybe the fishes reeled him in instead.

kit lens more den enough for canon la :P

Hi ombre and navlem, posts have certainly been few and far between, I have started back teaching at a new school. I think I have jumped from the frying pan into the fire, I have never experienced such a disorganised few days. I assumed you guys in S/pore must be getting the same weather as we are having, rain ,rain and more rain, hence the lack of photos.
    As far as Vinze, he seems to be missing in action, but not just him, Ay6810, Clarence, Ricsal all must be very busy catching up with families and enjoying the festivities. I wonder if Ricsal ever did get his camera back from his niece?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hi ombre and navlem, posts have certainly been few and far between, I have started back teaching at a new school. I think I have jumped from the frying pan into the fire, I have never experienced such a disorganised few days. I assumed you guys in S/pore must be getting the same weather as we are having, rain ,rain and more rain, hence the lack of photos.
    As far as Vinze, he seems to be missing in action, but not just him, Ay6810, Clarence, Ricsal all must be very busy catching up with families and enjoying the festivities. I wonder if Ricsal ever did get his camera back from his niece?
    well..
    Havent been taking pictures or rather non of Acceptable standard.
    been back at work and thus very very busy after the long long holiday period.

But not to fred, im still around looking at the tread !

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Nope, no rain in Singapore, in fact the great blue skies are really great. So great that I sold all my lenses leaving only my kit lens to take the skies. (CRAP!). Not sure if it was a good move. Hah. I have a few more sky shots though I've been lazy to post.

And Vinze, non acceptable standards? Are you kidding me? I hope the camera hasn't split into 2 yet.

Nope, no rain in Singapore, in fact the great blue skies are really great. So great that I sold all my lenses leaving only my kit lens to take the skies. (CRAP!). Not sure if it was a good move. Hah. I have a few more sky shots though I've been lazy to post.

And Vinze, non acceptable standards? Are you kidding me? I hope the camera hasn't split into 2 yet.
    In fact I just came to realise that the Fz18 is Shock Proof.
    Drop it when i was rushing to help an old man up a stairs. he almost fell , i was near by taking a picture, i rushed over and held him and then boom !! Fz fell out of my hands.. on to the floor...

but still its working perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vinze View Post
    In fact I just came to realise that the Fz18 is Shock Proof.
    Drop it when i was rushing to help an old man up a stairs. he almost fell , i was near by taking a picture, i rushed over and held him and then boom !! Fz fell out of my hands.. on to the floor...

but still its working perfectly fine.
    Story of the year vinze. Valour-ous Vinze. Cheers.

Not trying to scare you, but Leica isn't shatter proof, as much as you like to believe. There are 11 pieces of glass in your FZ18, you never know if one is gone =X

Something that I took today...

Original:

Two interpretations, don't know which I like better...

=) Comments?

Nice and cool! May I know wat program u using to edit the photos??

Hi, I used Photoshop CS2, I believe free programs like Gimp can do it too.

Basically I just adjusted the levels (in more layman brightness/contrast) for both the sky and the building on 2 different layers, and blend them manually. Not much editing done seriously =)

Something that I took today...

Original:

Two interpretations, don't know which I like better...

=) Comments?
    I would prefer the first interpretation, because the shadows along with the dark clouds create a eerie feel, and the second interpretation is quite fake :P

Haha, I like the 2nd one leh! I think its one of my cleanest PP for quite awhile. I actually used a lasso instead of brush =P

Haha, I like the 2nd one leh! I think its one of my cleanest PP for quite awhile. I actually used a lasso instead of brush =P
    dunno leh, didnt like the fake feeling..

Playing around with challenging lighting..

Should have pushed the ISO a little more to take in ambient light? Subject wise first one seems fine, the 2nd one is kind of underexposed, even if you're trying to create an effect there. =P

Getting my 135L today... -heart racing-.

Bought my new lens... a little montage here about it:

To be quite honest, I was expecting a little more from the lens. I can't find out what is wrong yet, but a few possible answers...

1) Lens is a not so good copy. (actually 2mm backfocusing which I still accepted)
    2) Lousy 350D not up to the pressures I put it through (unable to focus and resolve that well)
    3) User sucks (greatest probability)
    4) Not accustomed to the lens yet...
    5) Expect too much.

oh well, I only managed a few shots today, here's some of the shots I got... Many OOF shots because my subjects ran out of the DOF before I snapped. -.- Or handshake, I can't tell which is which.

All shots at F2, I had hoped the 100% crops were sharper. =(

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast