Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Hi Navlem, happy CNY , have you got any plans for the next few days?, pm me and let me know how you are getting along.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

gday rob been a while i see you had a good time overseas yea im getting the pic bug again had 2 frogs turn up on my front tonight thought ide grab some pics cheers

G'day Shane, yeah I had a real good holiday, a bit short though, had two outings with the FZers and one with Navlem (my step-son) to Jurong Bird Park.

The outings were great, hey maybe we could organize an FZer Oz Branch Outing? We could maybe meet at er um how about Alice Springs, is that about half way between us? If we start driving now we can meet in about thee days?
    Do you think we should invite the Singapore Chapter along? They might have to leave yesterday.

Anyone wants to do a walk-around sometime next week?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Anyone wants to do a walk-around sometime next week?
    Count me in!
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Count me in!
    Wed to Sat, any one of the days, any time, anywhere, suggest. (Somewhere with people though)

Anyone wants to join can come too!

Hai, name's Witoyo. another proud owner of FZ18 looking into understanding his gear more.
    hope to join you guys for any outings to learn more.
    Nice to meet u guys.

Quote Originally Posted by witzer View Post
    Hai, name's Witoyo. another proud owner of FZ18 looking into understanding his gear more.
    Nice to meet u guys.
    Hope to see you in our next outing!

I had to hold on first since my FZ18 is being borrowed by my Niece who seem to fallen in Love with it. Keep asking her to give back and she said "If I give u now, can I borrow after two days?" I never reply and till today I still havent got back my Camera!! sigh... this is what happen when ur an uncle of 13 niece and nephews....
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

that shows FZ18 rox!

These fellows can be quite sluggish in the morning allowing you to get close.

Once the sun warms them up you have no chance, except with plenty of zoom, aka FZ28

C n C please.

Quote Originally Posted by witzer View Post
    Nice to meet u guys.
    Welcome Witoyo! Do participate in the forum and join us, we'd love to learn and share from and with you as well! =)

In anycase, are you local? Your name doesn't seem local

Improving colors Rob, well done, any PP done?

In anycase, for this black lizard, I would personally feel that it is underexposed. Although the background is correctly exposed, I usually would push the EV to +2/3 when taking black creatures. Doesn't usually I dont mind blowing out the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Improving colors Rob, well done, any PP done?

In anycase, for this black lizard, I would personally feel that it is underexposed. Although the background is correctly exposed, I usually would push the EV to +2/3 when taking black creatures. Doesn't usually I dont mind blowing out the background.
    Think he used picasa 3 for PP.

Anyway I think the first pic should be cropped, crop out the fence and just show the lizard

As for the exposure part, I find it OK.

Hi Navlem, I think you are right, I was originally thinking that the bars sort of frame the lizard.

Hi Ombre, I used Media Impression program that comes with FZ 28, played around with saturation and brightness but in the end settled for Auto Enhance which was very close to what I had fiddled with. Here is what it looked like taken in IA facing towards rising morning sun. With no adjustment of colour. This is what I prefer actually.

Gong Xi Fa Cai all FZers and friends, hoping you all have a safe and prosperous Year of the Ox.

Ah I thought the adjustment looks better. You seem to like neutral color photos!

And I agree that the bars at the side sort of frame the lizard... =) But its a tad narrow. In the crop, the wood chip at the side does a more subtle framing, which is not bad, actually better.
    Last edited by ombre; 25th January 2009 at 08:33 PM.

Happy Chinese New Year everybody!

Yup, i also prefered the adjusted picture, the colours are better there. :P

[QUOTE=ombre;4743631]Ah I thought the adjustment looks better. You seem to like neutral color photos!

Hi ombre, happy new year mate, yeah the adjusted colours do look better, if pretty colours are what you are after, it may just be the biologist in me prefers natural (not neutral) colours. It is sort of like taking those really red/orange sunsets in "Sunset" mode, the colours are not really there so why pass them off as being there. Personally I like things as they really are, but I do agree that capturing shots that are correctly exposed and dripping with vivid colours with the help of PP do look good. Thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post

Hi ombre, happy new year mate, yeah the adjusted colours do look better, if pretty colours are what you are after, it may just be the biologist in me prefers natural (not neutral) colours. It is sort of like taking those really red/orange sunsets in "Sunset" mode, the colours are not really there so why pass them off as being there. Personally I like things as they really are, but I do agree that capturing shots that are correctly exposed and dripping with vivid colours with the help of PP do look good. Thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated as always.
    Hey Man, Happy CNY to you too! Wonder if you celebrate there.

I am not one for 'fake' colors as well to be honest, however I take a different stance.

Personally I feel that when capturing image with any electronic device, color is lost, since no mechanism is perfect. In fact the camera captures in black and white and re-interpretes them as colors mathematically. During the analog travel of colors, some is lost due to natural physical diffusion/diffraction etc etc. And during the conversion to digital codings, much more is lost. Therefore I see color enhancement as a form of 'restorative' process more than an enchancing process.

In the above example, I believe your program gave the picture some additional color cast and saturation. For me, I seldom work with saturation (at least I don't anymore!), I believe in doing contrast adjustments only, for color... which may involve a color channel individually, not just gross contrast. =)

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but maybe I'll point it out to you and see if you agree... those un-edited pictures of yours lack a little contrast as we usually mentioned. The tell tale sign we look out for is the grey 'haze-like' coloration on the picture. This is normal, even DSLR cameras output with poor contrast from time to time. At least thats what I feel it is, hah. Thats actually what I meant when I said neutral, basically greyish.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast