Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    1) Nice, HDR Attempt? if yes, please bring the water details back in... a little glaring.
    2) Abit too cliche... haha.
    3) Nice again, push the contrast more! MORE COLORS! Favorite of the 3... wonder if you could have afforded a wider composition?
    Frankly speaking, the only PP done was for the HDR..

the original pics for the water was also glaring, so couldnt do much..

I quite like the composition for the second pic, seems to tell a story, haha

As for the third pic, what you mean by wider composition?

I was using my telephoto for that btw, and because there wasnt any PP thats why the colours are not as bright.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Spotted a small spider in one of the avocado trees in front yard, it is tiny, note the water droplet on leaf. Rain was threatening managed to get only a few snaps off

C and C please
    Last edited by Clunk; 23rd January 2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Frankly speaking, the only PP done was for the HDR..

the original pics for the water was also glaring, so couldnt do much..

I quite like the composition for the second pic, seems to tell a story, haha

As for the third pic, what you mean by wider composition?

I was using my telephoto for that btw, and because there wasnt any PP thats why the colours are not as bright.
    Can tell you didn't PP, but your camera PP a lot for you already. Just push it abit more nicer.

The 2nd pic, I probably shot it once everytime I pass such a place, and I never posted it, so I got quite bored of it. =X Not saying it is a bad shot of course.

Original pic for the water glaring... thats what HDR is for! the whole Center of your pic is clipped highlights (sky and water), not cool right =P. Maybe retry when you pass there again.

Why don't you pump flash and light up the bridge? ^^
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Spotted a small spider in one of the avocado trees in front yard, it is tiny, note the water droplet on leaf. Rain was threatening managed to get only a few snaps off

C and C please
    Rob please buy a DSLR with a macro lens, you deserve one. I'll speak to the minister of war if I have to.

Good shot again, lots of variety in a really short amount of time.!

Hi guys, its me again.

I've finally narrowed down to a few cameras and I will to testing them later.

1. FZ28 ~$650
    2. G1 ~$999 with kit lens
    3. D60 ~ $850 with kit lens

I want to have a feel of them before anything. As you can see, the price is rather close and I'm pretty comfortable with all of them.

Any comments from you guys? Will be very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Hi guys, its me again.

1. FZ28 ~$650

I want to have a feel of them before anything. As you can see, the price is rather close and I'm pretty comfortable with all of them.

Comments:

1) up to you if you like... (but I'd buy a 2nd hand FZ18 or FZ50 for half the price.)
    2) No go.
    3) Consider 2nd hand instead.

4) If you want to go DSLR and want to get brand new, consider Canon 40D or Nikon D90. They may look pricey, but at least I'm quite sure you won't change your body for the next 5-7 years. (unless you damage it or show lack of care for it)

5) Cheap 2nd hand body (Canon 350D, Nikon 40D) with a good lens (about 500-1200 depending). By far, this is the best option, but you must really know what a good lens is to you... may take some time to find out too. One way to start is a 2nd hand body + flash + kit lens for around 600 to start first.

If you're really like photography, you'll probably change out of the FZ28 quick =X I changed out of my FZ18 in 2 months.
    Last edited by ombre; 23rd January 2009 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Hi guys, its me again.

1. FZ28 ~$650

For your 2 & 3 option I would not recommend as both G1 & D60 limited AF lens option...

Also to add on, D60 has no autofocus motor inside it, so unless you get lens with autofocus motor, you will only have manual focus :P

C and C please
    Good Shot Rob. you just need to get a little bit focused on the front. Try not to focus on the rear. The 2nd pic is good. I know its hard to focus on its eyes, since he closed his legs like that. But if you managed, then its a masterpiece.

That spider sure looks yummy to my raynox. hehe
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Hi Ricsal, thanks, they are hard to get to being so small and tucked inside some new leaf buds.
    The last pic was actually an attempt at HDR, was surprised it was as sharp in the end.
    The other things with spiders is that they are often upside down and not as photogenic from underneath. I guess that applies to us as well??

There is an upside for Nikon manual focus lenses. You can buy AIS lenses (lots cheaper! about 1/3 of their AF counter parts) and they'll do AF confirm. Most good lenses come with AF motor so I won't be too worried.

Even without AF, these Nikon lenses will do AF confirmation (pretty accurate according to Nikans(so I call them)). So its really not crippling at all.

Incase the newer guys here don't know what is AF confirm. Basically, you just have to turn the lens manually, when you hit the right spot, the focusing lights will go off. Of course its not super sensitive, so you may have to turn a little more slowly when approaching the accurate mark to fine tune it.

Imagine a D40 + 135 F2 manual lens = ~800 total versus a Canon 350D with 135 F2 L = 1600.

800 bux just to have the machine turn the lens for you.

Hi Ricsal, thanks, they are hard to get to being so small and tucked inside some new leaf buds.
    The last pic was actually an attempt at HDR, was surprised it was as sharp in the end.
    The other things with spiders is that they are often upside down and not as photogenic from underneath. I guess that applies to us as well??
    Maybe not the women? o.o

Hey hey hey Mr Ombre!!!.... you may have to change your signature with comments like that.

Lol well, I'm actually really innocent. really. =) -halos-

Outing Outing Outing Outing!

Outing? Outing? Did someone say outing?
    I wish I was still there, the two outings I went on were the highlights of my visit, and of course fishing with Vinze.
    Any new FZer, do yourself a favour and go along to the next outing these guys arrange. The outings are fun, laid back, informative and everyone is extremely friendly. Most importantly if Skyguy is your guide you are guaranteed to see parts of S/pore you have never seen before.
    ARE WE THERE YET!!!

FZriends outing #4

Time: Somewhere in the future
    Place: PLEASE SUGGEST!
    Style: Unforeseeable. (Something for everyone!)

Interested participants
    Ombre
    navlem
    Anson

Tagline: Are we going yet...? with Clunk echoing "Are we there yet..."

Flying ant of some description.

Freddo the Frog

had 2 of em visit tonight they liked the camera heres a few with my Fz28

Looks like a big frog o.o

Hi Shane33, long time no see, love the froggy shots, we don't seem to have as many as we used to have, might be because of cane toads.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast