Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1934394243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Back from shooting fireworks. Not much good shots cos too many ppl, hard to keep tripod from moving

Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

not bad, pretty sharp building, i would considered tat a good shot... couldn't join u guys coz i haven't get a kit (wide) lens yet -_-.... stay at home watch ndp

and anyway, mod is watching this thread, might give out warning for not posting technical stuff about fz
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Hi Melvan, nice shot, is it straight from camera ot PSed? shame about ghosty image 2/3 along bottom edge.
    What were your settings?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Can say its a straight shot except that i cropped the image abit.

The ghosting is inevitable, because it was really crowded.

Nice shot Melvin.

I saw the ghosting on that pic. I agree with you. sometimes its just hard to get a better shot from a crowd.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Can say its a straight shot except that i cropped the image abit.

The ghosting is inevitable, because it was really crowded.
    I disagree with the ghosting bit... you can PP away all the 'ghosts' especially the bottom part where its all water.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

But den i didnt have much time to PP, so i didn't really PP the pic.

Sunset last night shot at 1/200 sec f 9.0

Hi Clunk !

looks like it must have been beautiful.. jetty, picture, fishing !!

think it cld have been just a slightly better if the 1/3 rule was applied.. maybe jetty slightly lower... but i guess u wanted to include the rocks correct ?

just my tiny 0.2cents

yea maybe the rock, half ain't so bad... anyway if u place it at lower 1/3 position like wat vinze say, most probaly u will be able to see a better gradient of the sky.. eg from yellow all the way to orange...

below a pic taken at punggol using FZ18...

Exposure: 0.2 sec (1/5)
    Aperture: f/3.6
    ISO : 100

the diff gradient from blue to white to orange
    ztphotography

This is taken by fz28 using the iA mode.
    I still have difficulties using the manual mode.

Found out that this is taken with a speed of 1/100, F3.8

nice pic ahkat, very good depth of field (blurred background effect)... anyway in order to archieve tat, u will need to use low F-stop... F2, F2.4 etc... and in ur case its F3.8
    anyway, u can learn to use photoshop... adjust the curve abit, u may improve the colour of the pic

u can try using aperture pirority to do depth of field effect and adjust the F-stop
    Last edited by skyguy; 19th August 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    ztphotography

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    yea maybe the rock, half ain't so bad... anyway if u place it at lower 1/3 position like wat vinze say, most probaly u will be able to see a better gradient of the sky.. eg from yellow all the way to orange...

below a pic taken at punggol using FZ18...

Exposure: 0.2 sec (1/5)
    Aperture: f/3.6
    ISO : 100

the diff gradient from blue to white to orange
    Thanks Vinze and Sky guy, Ahkat very nice shot. I too have to force myself to keep away from iA (Auto) on my new camera. Especially when you see a shot and have to grab it quickly. I now make it a habit to leave my camera set on aperture priority all the time and try to keep away from iA. Jeffrey Siow (pro photographer Sony) told me "Control the aperture and you control the essence of the photograph."

Thank you guys for the advises.

For FZ18/28, when in the aperture mode, can we adjust the exposure? I can't use manual mode mostly due to over or under exposure. And I can't find where to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkat View Post
    Thank you guys for the advises.

For FZ18/28, when in the aperture mode, can we adjust the exposure? I can't use manual mode mostly due to over or under exposure. And I can't find where to adjust it.
    at aperture mode, u can adjust the exposure, by clicking one of the button at the right side, which will lead u to the exposure adjustment menu...

but at manual mode, u won't be able to adjust it i think... manual mode is also call exposure mode... where u adjust aperture, iso and shutter speed only, and the camera will let u know wat is the exposure going to be... thus cannot be adjusted
    ztphotography

Hi Ahkat
    Just playing around with a few ornaments and a candle to get bokeh (blurry background) effect.
    Using my a330 and SAL 1855 kit lens Focus on Merlion, aperture priority at f4.5 shutter speed 1.6 sec ISO 100
    Last edited by Clunk; 19th August 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hi Ahkat
    Just playing around with a few ornaments and a candle to get bokeh (blurry background) effect.
    Using my a330 and SAL 1855 kit lens Focus on Merlion, aperture priority at f4.5 shutter speed 1.6 sec ISO 100
    ah... i see there is some part of singapore in ur house other than ur wife... haha..
    anyway, good example of bokeh a.k.a depth of field effect
    ztphotography

Clunk, were you standing near the objects? I thought at f4.5, the focus can be further?

Ok I'll try playing with the aperture mode this weekend.

Hi Ahkat, I was about 1.5m from Merlion vase and oil burner was a further 1 m behind.
    Have a good weekend shoot lots.

I have been missing in action!
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1934394243444546 ... LastLast