Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 943

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

  1. #541

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    I cant agree with the fake bokeh =P
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  2. #542

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Was just something i was trying out. :P
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  3. #543
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    The old fashioned way of getting that effect was by smearing a thin smear of vaseline on your uv filter. A bit messy and hard to get just right.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  4. #544

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    hehe, the dumbest way is to buy a scammer's tele/wide converter!! ^^
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  5. #545
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)



    Whats this?


    Not quite the gears of industry, just the gears on the winch of my trailer.


    Not well today, feeling a bit better after having a play with camera.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  6. #546

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Haha, I was wondering wat was that when i saw the second picture. After a long guess, I decided to give up and scroll down to the rest of the pictures, and there the answer is. :P
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  7. #547

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Clunk, you got me with the second pic for a sec. Saw some wear and tear, rusting, and some grease; so I had a notion it's some mechanical part. Hahahaha... The third pic is a spoiler!!

  8. #548

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    hello fellow FZer,

    today i went to looking out for olympus tcon... but only manage to find 1 at cathay photo.. selling at $160... so didn't buy... anyway i also went to other shop to test out other canon tele convertor, below are some of the shot from canon tele convertor.

    FZ18 at 17x zoom iA mode


    FZ18 at 17x zoom with TC DC 52 iA mode


    FZ18 at 15x zoom with TC DC 52B iA mode


    ok from the picture, with 1 look, we can tell that TCDC52 is like totally cannot make it. whereas, TCDC52B look like it can still gives good quality picture. but when i was using my adapter, it could only reach 15x zoom before hitting the lens itself, this explain why its at 15x... from the pic we can see that is just zoom in only alittle bit... and it suppose to be 1.75x zoom... so i guess the 1.75x rating is like way off... and it cost $190... its like omg... i'm not going to pay $190 just to zoom in alittle bit more...

    so i guess i really have to try out olympus tcon17 in order to really buy it...
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

  9. #549

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Have you tried asking TCW?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  10. #550

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Have you tried asking TCW?
    yup, they dun have olympus tcon... only until i was at funan there is this friendly shop that let me try out its tc dc52B
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

  11. #551

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Oh ok. Thats too bad
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  12. #552

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    yup, they dun have olympus tcon... only until i was at funan there is this friendly shop that let me try out its tc dc52B
    O.o Friendly shop? Lol. I would never never step into that shop.

    By the way, that is the shop that tried to fleece me of $65 for a normal 46mm CPL filter, AND made alot of snide remarks when I turned him down.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  13. #553
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)


    Sturt Desert Rose, floral emblem of Northern Territory.


    Some sort of Lupin that just came up in garden?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  14. #554

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    haha u mean the lupin just pop in out of nowhere?
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

  15. #555

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    haha u mean the lupin just pop in out of nowhere?
    Yup, I think thats what he meant :P
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  16. #556

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    hi guys,

    back again with another tele convertor update... i just got a 2nd hand tele con from a clubsnap user, olympus C-210... for $40... rather cheap i guess but the front lens got 1 rather bad scratch, lucky to the seller, the scratch did not affect the quality of picture... it suppose to produce 1.9x zoom.. but after checking with photoshop... it actually gives about 1.6x zoom, good enough for me... contrast and stuff look good... but somehow, i still find that fz18 18x zoom is good enough, the extra 1.6x is just a bonus when there is stuff that is beyond reach (same goes to wide angle con)

    overall for that tele, it passed my contrast and quality check, have abit of vignette. For $40 i think its worth it... i just realise how come when i reach 16x and will hit the lens infront for yesterday try out... i have a uv filter infront, thats why...

    anyway, tele con is rather difficult to find, especially the good quality one from olympus, so my suggestion is if its possible to find one in a shop, give it a try, and if the price is reasonable, u may go ahead and buy.

    FZ18 no zoom, aperture mode (F4 i think)


    FZ 18 , 18x zoom, aperture mode (F4 i think)(slower shutter speed than previous)


    FZ18, 18x zoom plus C210, aperture mode (F4 with even slower shutter speed than previous 1/125) the circumference of the photo is darker due to vignette



    FZ18, 18x zoom

    FZ18, 18x zoom and C210 attached


    go to this website to click on the image to see the large version:
    http://thisstarbelongtosky.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by skyguy; 31st May 2009 at 01:57 PM.
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

  17. #557

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Congrats on getting your Tcon!
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  18. #558

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    my room light

    yio chu kang portal

    @bird park

    alkaff bridge

    shoot more..learn more.. c&c pls.
    Last edited by wakokokoyz; 31st May 2009 at 01:59 PM.

  19. #559

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    pic #1 is good... rule of 3rd, look artistic.

    no comment for pic #2 and #3

    for pic#4 u might wanna try putting slower shutter speed... maybe will get a better effect
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

  20. #560
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    hi guys,

    back again with another tele convertor update... i just got a 2nd hand tele con from a clubsnap user, olympus C-210... for $40... rather cheap i guess but the front lens got 1 rather bad scratch, lucky to the seller, the scratch did not affect the quality of picture... it suppose to produce 1.9x zoom.. but after checking with photoshop... it actually gives about 1.6x zoom, good enough for me... contrast and stuff look good... but somehow, i still find that fz18 18x zoom is good enough, the extra 1.6x is just a bonus when there is stuff that is beyond reach (same goes to wide angle con)

    overall for that tele, it passed my contrast and quality check, have abit of vignette. For $40 i think its worth it... i just realise how come when i reach 16x and will hit the lens infront for yesterday try out... i have a uv filter infront, thats why...

    anyway, tele con is rather difficult to find, especially the good quality one from olympus, so my suggestion is if its possible to find one in a shop, give it a try, and if the price is reasonable, u may go ahead and buy.

    FZ18 no zoom, aperture mode (F4 i think)


    FZ 18 , 18x zoom, aperture mode (F4 i think)(slower shutter speed than previous)


    FZ18, 18x zoom plus C210, aperture mode (F4 with even slower shutter speed than previous 1/125) the circumference of the photo is darker due to vignette



    FZ18, 18x zoom

    FZ18, 18x zoom and C210 attached


    go to this website to click on the image to see the large version:
    http://thisstarbelongtosky.blogspot.com/
    Hi Mr. Skyguy, looks like Olympus Tcon17, second hand, are more scarce than rocking horse poop. How much did you say a new one is and how long to order one in?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •