Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

hi guys , jus wondering where to get the best deal for panasonic fz28 ?

the best place to get FZ28, if u dun mind 2nd hand... it would be here...
    u might wanna consider 2nd hand FZ18 too...
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    the best place to get FZ28, if u dun mind 2nd hand... it would be here...
    u might wanna consider 2nd hand FZ18 too...
    thanx bro...was considering a brand new set for fz28...was quoted $650 at one shop........$649 at Mustafa....so not sure if still got other places that gave good price or such....thanx bro....

anyway anyone interested in getting a wide angle convertor for ur FZ cam???
    interested and tele-conversion/close up lens too. roughly how much for both? sorry novice to it. i am holding fz28.
    Last edited by yhw22; 29th April 2009 at 04:50 PM.

Am interested in getting a macro + tele conversion lens for FZ28 too. Any recommendations? I have a friend who's interested to get a FZ28 too. Just a quick check with anyone who knows the prices? much thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Tree-top walk... I'd be lost not knowing what lens to bring. Probably flash... hmm.
    Yeah flash is needed, especially when you wanna stop down to macro.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stalejive View Post
    thanx bro...was considering a brand new set for fz28...was quoted $650 at one shop........$649 at Mustafa....so not sure if still got other places that gave good price or such....thanx bro....
    yea its more or less that price.. try calling up MS colour and alan photo and ask for the price... dun have to go down to the shop personally. alan photo selling at $649 with 8GB SD card and camera case

but i will still recommend u to get 2nd hand, coz sometime its really as good as new

Quote Originally Posted by scarletnovember View Post
    Am interested in getting a macro + tele conversion lens for FZ28 too. Any recommendations? I have a friend who's interested to get a FZ28 too. Just a quick check with anyone who knows the prices? much thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by yhw22 View Post
    interested and tele-conversion/close up lens too. roughly how much for both? sorry novice to it. i am holding fz28.
    how come no one interested in FZ18.. haiz... hahaha

ok... coz i might be viewing a wide angle convertor the coming monday... so if i find it suitable i will help u buy and sell u, only 1 ... so pls let me know who really want it... if the convertor got scratch or anything undesirable i will not buy it... anyway once again, confirm with me again tat u wan it. oh yea, after typing the below post, the wide angle is $50... 1 more things to add its 52mm

basically the price for wide angle convertor is about $50 or less 2nd hand. first hand $70 or less, and can still bargain, this are for those not very well known brand like digital king, vitacon etc... things to look out for when u buy wide angle, is to see with there is viginette, see how bad is the distortion (the bound to be distortion no matter wat brand u use)... the colour and contrast of the image

Basically when come to tele, we will recommend good brand like olympus and canon, this is becoz when the image get the extra zoom, we will be able to see how bad the quality of the convertor... i heard olympus Tele con 1.7x is $130. Canon TC DC52 2.4x is $160 (cathay photo). things to look out for is the contract and colour again... To add on to tat, u will need to buy a lens adapter in order to use the tele con, heard tat placing the heavy tele con on the camera lens itself will damage its motor (3rd party adapter (52mm thread) $25, original adapter (55mm thread) $35)

Macro, so far there seem to be no macro lens tat is better and affordable than Raynox DCR250... look at some of the good micro shot, some are taken by it. Ricsal is the master of it, he take really nice micro with it. for first hand its about $110...

and lastly, do correct me if i am wrong in anyway... and also do join us, in the coming Fz outing =)
    Last edited by skyguy; 29th April 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    ztphotography

woah... actually i just got home after some spending spree at peninsula and sim lim... quite a number of photography shop have closed down already at peninsula, i guess economy hit them hard, leaving only the few prominent shop standing. In fact there is 1 shop doing some kind of close down sales, and there is alot of 52mm and 55mm on the floor, i believe those hoya filter are collected from those closed down shop and selling it on their behalf... so if u guys are looking for 8 star or 6 star effect filter, do got down and take alook... there is all sort of effect, uv, cir pol... etc

and then got a lenspen and filter wallet from cathay at last.... lens pens is damn good at cleaning lens, very clean.

next i walk my way to simlim, on the way took afew photo here and there... and then went to look for FZ18 adapter and a ND8 filter... i went to everyshop and purposly give alan photo a miss, coz i wanted to give all the other shop a chance, but haiz... they disappoint me further, as u go up the level it gets more outrageous... imagine a 3rd adapter coz near $70... i even hinted the salesman tat i brought it once before... and he ask me to quote and i said $30... and he still say its impossible... every shop gave me a quote of $40 and above, and its not even original... in the end i got it from alan photo at $25... and the original is only $38... and can be bargain further i believe... the only reason why i didn't buy the original is becoz my going to get TCon is of 52mm... so u see its not tat i dun give them chance, they just dun appreciate it... anyway 1 of the most stunning 1 is found so far, i went into this shop and found a hoya 46mm Infrared filter, 46mm is rather rare, let alone infrared.. so i tot i ask it on behalf of my fz friend, and they quote me $120... omg, i think lets just go and get the hoya 52mm IR instead, which cost only $25 ... i was like wow, i can't wait to get out from the shop, where is the exit.

in the end of the day, i spend $92 in total and $78 is for photography

lenspen : $13
    filter wallect: $15
    FZ18 adaptor : $25
    hoya ND8: $25
    Last edited by skyguy; 29th April 2009 at 08:44 PM.
    ztphotography

woah... actually i just got home after some spending spree at peninsula and sim lim... quite a number of photography shop have closed down already at peninsula, i guess economy hit them hard, leaving only the few prominent shop standing. In fact there is 1 shop doing some kind of close down sales, and there is alot of 52mm and 55mm on the floor, i believe those hoya filter are collected from those closed down shop and selling it on their behalf... so if u guys are looking for 8 star or 6 star effect filter, do got down and take alook... there is all sort of effect, uv, cir pol... etc

and then got a lenspen and filter wallet from cathay at last.... lens pens is damn good at cleaning lens, very clean.

next i walk my way to simlim, on the way took afew photo here and there... and then went to look for FZ18 adapter and a ND8 filter... i went to everyshop and purposly give alan photo a miss, coz i wanted to give all the other shop a chance, but haiz... they disappoint me further, as u go up the level it gets more outrageous... imagine a 3rd adapter coz near $70... i even hinted the salesman tat i brought it once before... and he ask me to quote and i said $30... and he still say its impossible... every shop gave me a quote of $40 and above, and its not even original... in the end i got it from alan photo at $25... and the original is only $38... and can be bargain further i believe... the only reason why i didn't buy the original is becoz my going to get TCon is of 52mm... so u see its not tat i dun give them chance, they just dun appreciate it... anyway 1 of the most stunning 1 is found so far, i went into this shop and found a hoya 46mm Infrared filter, 46mm is rather rare, let alone infrared.. so i tot i ask it on behalf of my fz friend, and they quote me $120... omg, i think lets just go and get the hoya 52mm IR instead, which cost only $25 ... i was like wow, i can't wait to get out from the shop, where is the exit.

in the end of the day, i spend $92 in total and $78 is for photography

lenspen : $13
    filter wallect: $15
    FZ18 adaptor : $25
    hoya ND8: $25
    Never tried OP at the 6th floor?

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Never tried OP at the 6th floor?
    yea tried, they dun have any stuff that i need... there mostly is sell bag and tripod and dslr stuff.. and the sales person is rather fascinated by how i DIY the tripod onto my bag.. haha
    ztphotography

ok, i'm back to busy mode again... i found a weekend job which quite help ease down my buy buy buy virus symptom... and during the weekdays i'm going to school to do some kind of project... but still i guess my weekdays will be free for outing as the timetable is rather weird so i guess the project is suppose to be free and easy
    ztphotography

Thats good

So you should organise some outings for weekdays

haha see how first bah.. dunno wat my project days going to be like...
    ok time to share some photo i took today... other then the noise, there shouldn't be too much a problem. Total 12 photo to share

ztphotography

ztphotography

to view the large version of these photo... pls view from this website and click the image to enlarge:
    http://thisstarbelongtosky.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by skyguy; 30th April 2009 at 12:48 AM.
    ztphotography

-=[Mini outing]=-

Date: 2nd May (saturday)
    Time: afternoon (TBC)
    Venue: Chinese Garden and Kanji war memorial

Hello people, this saturday i will be going down to boonlay to try out the tele convertor. And after that will be going these 2 location to take photo. So if u are interested, u may wanna join me in this mini outing. U can sms me ur name and number to 9276 1569... so that we can meet
    May not have time (as in sunset early or something) for kanji war memorial but will see how on that day itselfs.
    Last edited by skyguy; 30th April 2009 at 12:37 PM.
    ztphotography

took me a whole day just to DIY this diffuser, inspire by ricsal milk bottle cut out, i decided to do one that can just slot onto fz18, and hoping tat it can give some ring diffuser effect, but too bad it doesn't, the good things is, it work well as a normal diffuser, the effect of it can be seen from above...

anyway i still have spare material from making of this diffuser... anyone who wan to try DIY ur own diffuser can get it from me for free... but pls come to yishun or outing at least... thank you

anyway i have been posting very feverishly haha... ok, i'm waiting for 3 reply:

- wide angle convertor
    - mini outing
    - diffuser material gives away
    ztphotography

Hi Skyguy, yeah I am using a Ricsal patent pending diffuser mainly for macro shots. Have also used a tissue puffed up like a ball and held in place with an elastic band or a white plastic film canister placed over the flash. Both work fine. But the Ricsal one is easiest to whip on and whip off.
    Looking forward to catching up again and going on one of your long walks. Will be interested in seeing your WA converter and how it works for you.
    See you soon, keep posting.
    Last edited by Clunk; 30th April 2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    I tried getting a UV filter (46mm) and N/D (46mm) filter for a very basic set-up, but I've no luck. Seems like some of the shops I've visited do not carry 46mm anymore. Can anyone advise me on this. Am I going in the right direction? I apologise for these questions for I'm a complete noob.

Thank you again!!! Cheers! I'll have a good time snapping away in HK!
    First of all, congratz for getting ur first camera for this hobby... and tat is 1 good price for FZ28 as compared to sg price.
    46mm uv filter can be easily purchase in singapore peninsula plaza... $10 or below for an unknown brand, and about $20 for hoya i guess... coz i got my hoya uv at 2nd hand with a whole lots of other item...

for other filter like ND, cir pol, star, etc, 46mm is rather difficult to find, and at this economy, shop are unwilling to import or order rare filter size like 46mm where very few user will buy. 1 way is to get a step up ring... step up from 46mm to 52mm, and use 52mm ND, cir pol etc

At this century, there is very few user that play with filter due to the availability of photoshop, alot of effect can be obtain from it. So wat i'm trying to say, not just learn photography, also have to learn photoshop skill. When u are at the shop looking for filter, the shop assistant may let u try some other effect filter, when u first see the effect it may seem wow, very good, but something this effect can be obtain from photoshop.. so buy only filter that u really need and are useful
    ztphotography

Hey Justin,

I'm interested in meeting up with you for the outing

Let me know the time and venue to meet.