Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    wow 3 days... tats fast... i still have 1 week... lol...

hmm... look like in the next outing we should bring some honey or sweet stuff to try out... haha
    Eagerly waiting for the next outing!
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jx View Post
    Hey there...

Any of you guys wants to buy an olympus 52mm 1.9x TCON for your FZ18/FZ28?
    I use this TCON for about 2 months and is the best TCON lens ever used for FZ18..
    anyone interested in getting? selling @ $130.. (cheapest u.p. is $145)

if you think your FZ18 can do till 504mm optically... you're wrong.. wait till you get this 1.9x,
    you'll be starting to shoot from every corners anywhere, and believe me, nobody will know you can actually shoot them like 2km++ away.. with 1.9x TCON, your camera is capable to do up till 958mm

btw, for FZ18, any convertors above 1.9x, you'll suffer from serious blur-ness and have that "blue outline" on your image.. starting from 2x.
    1.9x doesnt have any of those problems, and produce sharp image.

other than this amazing TCON, i've got an emolux WCON 0.45x to let go too, also 52mm.
    readily coated with UV protection too, great glass quality.. same price, selling @ $130

interested parties can give me a private message..
    My dear friends beware of this pricing. Even the Oly 1.7X TC (which is higher quality btw) is only 130 brand new and 60-80 2nd hand.

Anyway enough said.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    My dear friends beware of this pricing. Even the Oly 1.7X TC (which is higher quality btw) is only 130 brand new and 60-80 2nd hand.

Anyway enough said.
    Thanks for the headsup, Bran
    cheers

Yeah Thanks Mr Cardgame, I will be looking for a T-con in June July on next trip, if you could keep an ear to the ground for me and let Melvan know. I dun mind good second hand at a fair price, because we just dun get a chance at special equipment with such a small population of only 80K people in Darwin. You must be preparing for your exams as well? Good luck and best wishes to all you guys, Skyguy and anyone else that are studying hard right now.
    I am looking forward to visiting again, I have to renew my PR status. Amy is coming back again in Sept for Melvan's older brothers wedding, I believe you and Melvan are doing the shoot.
    I don't think I will be able to make it over for the Wedding unless I can just fly in fly out for the weekend.
    Will catch up again in June, in the mean time study hard and resist the bbb. hahaha
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

yea man, i was also looking for TCon... with tat, i guess i won't be changing to any cam for next 2 to 3 year at least... haha

canon TC DC 52, 2.4x tele, is selling at $160 at cathay photo first hand... hopefully can find a 2nd hand too
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Well if my research last year is still not outdated, the best bang for buck and best IQ is actually still the Olympus TCON-17. I bought it last time for 90 2nd hand, I've seen some going at 60... so yea.

To be honest, theres significant contrast drop and some sharpness degrade from using the TC... plus it won't give the full magnification as rated. My previous copy was 1.59X instead of the rated 1.7X

For skyguy... if you are willing to cough up 1.5-2k over the next 5 years, you should just jump to DSLR... even if you use a lens 3 times shorter and crop... still way sharper and cleaner... If you got 4k... you probably should be able to buy 2 L or G lens that will set you for a lifetime of amateur photography, just need to upkeep the body only. ^^ So yea, can consider the long term investment... especially since you guy's have skills so much better than mine, I should expect your budget to be higher than mine too!!

Speaking of which, I actually have finalized my setup for 2.5k =P haha. As below:

40D + 135mm F2 L + 50mm F1.4 + 24-85mm F4.5 + Flash

I think it becomes affordable in the long run... my way of seeing it is if the body last 5 years, the lenses a lifetime, then essentially its less than 1 dollar a day upkeep. Sadly I expect the flash to die often.

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    For skyguy... if you are willing to cough up 1.5-2k over the next 5 years, you should just jump to DSLR... even if you use a lens 3 times shorter and crop... still way sharper and cleaner...
    haha yea... i most probaly will cough it out maybe 5 years later... no point getting it now anyway, where the only time of the year i will be free to shot is during the holiday, and the rest of the 5months in the dry cab... maybe when i go out to work first bah, then see hows the free time like
    ztphotography

Hi ombre,

you dun have to shoot me like this, i dun even know the market rate for these prices anymore, as i've gotten them few months back. Is just what i have to offer from the price of what i got.

so from your private message, i've revised on the pricing.

Wcon 0.45x @ $50
    Tcon 1.9x @ $90

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jx View Post
    Hi ombre,

you dun have to shoot me like this, i dun even know the market rate for these prices anymore, as i've gotten them few months back. Is just what i have to offer from the price of what i got.

so from your private message, i've revised on the pricing.

Wcon 0.45x @ $50
    Tcon 1.9x @ $90

I'm not really attempting to shoot you, though I indirectly might have. But even if you were really conned previously, I wouldn't consider giving my other friends here a heads-up to prevent the after-effects of your misinformed purchase from spreading.

My friendly advice to you is that for the WCON, either you sell it dirt cheap, or don't even post at all, Selling this item will only give you a black mark with all the BNS people. Of course, you can choose not to care and just create new accounts.

Secondly, since you brought my PM up, I recall quoting you that the brand new price for the TC, either Olympus B300 or C210, the 1.9X is only 90 brand new at AP. Further checks with CS members says that Cathay is selling at 70 brand new. Plus I told you that the WCON is worth less than 30. Both items do not function properly with FZ18/28. The 1.9X TC is designed for compact 3X zoom cameras only. using on the FZ18 will result in heavy light loss and possible vignetting. If you really referenced my PM, your prices are still off.

And actually, please don't reference me at all. Indirectly it almost sounded like "this is ombre's pricing so its reliable." Which infact it was still above the price i recommended.

either way couldn't be bother... and he have sold off his wcon, lucky him. But dun get ombre purpose wrong, just take it as a reminder. Reminding u in 1 way and also updating us with the price and stuff... always good to know whats the price in the market currently, dun u think so?

anyway my holiday coming soon, when u all free? maybe can start planning outing

anyway i'm also trying my luck this few day to see if anyone is interested in my whole lumix system, haha, if not gonna get the new TCon and use it for like very long time... ahaha
    Last edited by skyguy; 26th April 2009 at 03:19 PM.
    ztphotography

anyway anyone interested in getting a wide angle convertor for ur FZ cam???
    ztphotography

Hello all FZers and others, hope an outing can be organized for sometime between June 20 and July 14. Melvan and I want to do the Tree Top Walk and Amy (wife, and Mum of Melvan) is keen to do it also. We will do the walk anyway if an outing is scheduled for another venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hello all FZers and others, hope an outing can be organized for sometime between June 20 and July 14. Melvan and I want to do the Tree Top Walk and Amy (wife, and Mum of Melvan) is keen to do it also. We will do the walk anyway if an outing is scheduled for another venue.
    hmmm i hope she can really walk alot... u know wat i mean... hahaha
    ztphotography

Yeah, its estimated around 10km.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

All I have to do is tell her she can go shopping after the the walk and she will run through the tree tops. Amy walks with her friends two nights a week, she will be OK.

oh i haven't walked through the treetop trail yet! but i've trekked from bukit timah nature reserve to macritchie resevoir.. it's nearly 10km too! walking is fun
    cheers

Hi guys, a few blooms in the garden

oh! vanda miss joaquim! singapore's national flower
    cheers

Tree-top walk... I'd be lost not knowing what lens to bring. Probably flash... hmm.

I had a visitor in my Science class this morning.

Huntsman spiders are very quick but this one was quite cooperative today, I released it to the garden, much to the disgust of some of my female students.