Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    To the black and white pic, I think if exposed correctly,will be less interesting... However I felt that we can afford bringing the details outside the window back in too... do that by reducing exposure more and using flash to recover the foreground details.
    Yes, B&W is less interesting when exposed correctly.

But usually people use B&W for their pictures because of wrong exposure and they usually fix it by converting it to B&W.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Yes, B&W is less interesting when exposed correctly.

But usually people use B&W for their pictures because of wrong exposure and they usually fix it by converting it to B&W.
    Haha I won't say usually coz theres hardcore B/W shooters around... but ya, that can be one way to save a bad pic. Very good way too.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Yeah, and thats my way of saving badly exposed pic

Went to botanic gardens again last week, more of candid and squirrel chasing den flora.

Hi Melvan, nice shots, will have to go on a Squirrel Safari in June July. Have you done the Tree Top Walk yet?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hi Melvan, nice shots, will have to go on a Squirrel Safari in June July. Have you done the Tree Top Walk yet?
    Sure

Nope, haven't done the Tree Top Walk yet :P

This thread has been a bit quiet of late. Where has everyone gone?

Orchid bud

Little splash of colour

exam period for the schooling people like me... haha... most probaly get back into action around may and june... not bad, look like u been practising with ur DCR250... anyway also have a photo to share, this is taken in school

ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Very classic Zt style. Use of simple frames, very effective.
    Oh my god. Is that the infamous bridge?
    Passion for Photography

Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    Oh my god. Is that the infamous bridge?
    nope... its not the infamous one... this one is clean and far from it... haha
    ztphotography

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    nope... its not the infamous one... this one is clean and far from it... haha
    bridge?? which part of the school?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    bridge?? which part of the school?
    its at library 2 tat area... not the techno plaza
    ztphotography

Alright, gonna post some photos from my FZ18. Took them at Sembawang park last saturday.

don't think i did a gd job at cropping this photo

smart boy who played in the shadow of the slide!

cheers

cheers

Pretty good stace, at least we can see the ideas most exposures where they should be... just watch the horizon on the last pic though.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Hi Stacey, nice photos, I like the butterfly, you must have patience. Butterflies and dragonflies frustrate me terribly, I have been told to rub some ripe pineapple on whatever they are landing on will help keep them there longer. Haven't tried it myself yet wonder if anyone else has tips that work with fussy flighty bugs?

Hey there...

Any of you guys wants to buy an olympus 52mm 1.9x TCON for your FZ18/FZ28?
    I use this TCON for about 2 months and is the best TCON lens ever used for FZ18..
    anyone interested in getting? selling @ $130.. (cheapest u.p. is $145)

if you think your FZ18 can do till 504mm optically... you're wrong.. wait till you get this 1.9x,
    you'll be starting to shoot from every corners anywhere, and believe me, nobody will know you can actually shoot them like 2km++ away.. with 1.9x TCON, your camera is capable to do up till 958mm

btw, for FZ18, any convertors above 1.9x, you'll suffer from serious blur-ness and have that "blue outline" on your image.. starting from 2x.
    1.9x doesnt have any of those problems, and produce sharp image.

other than this amazing TCON, i've got an emolux WCON 0.45x to let go too, also 52mm.
    readily coated with UV protection too, great glass quality.. same price, selling @ $130

interested parties can give me a private message..
    Last edited by Agent Jx; 21st April 2009 at 03:14 AM.

thanks ombre and clunk for the comments!
    the butterfly was being a good lil' insect.. it was rather stagnant =p
    the thing about rubbing pineapple though, won't the butterfly have flown away by the time you do that?

3 more days til my exams are over! =D It's good to see replies on this thread again!
    cheers

Yeah butterflies will, but more often than not, dragonflies return to the same resting spot and I am told they will remain longer if they can get a sweet treat. As I said I have not tried it yet, I am not in the habit of carrying a chunk of pineapple around in my pocket, but I will give it a try very soon. I will make sure I buy a pineapple when I go shopping tonight.

Good luck in your exams, I am sure you will do well, all the best.
    Last edited by Clunk; 21st April 2009 at 02:55 PM.

wow 3 days... tats fast... i still have 1 week... lol...

hmm... look like in the next outing we should bring some honey or sweet stuff to try out... haha
    ztphotography