Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Really nice landscape photos!!

Just a question, how's the G1??

G1 is good for ppl who wants a DSLR without the bulk :P

Its good from what i see, just very little lens to use, unless you get a adapter.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Just a question, how's the G1??
    you mean Lumix's G1? Not worth the money definitely. Any Canon / Nikon budget DSLR you can pick up with 300-400 budget will beat it. Although the G1 has an extremely pretty body. Very sleek. Thats all though.

Leica has been making new lenses for Lumix... but the catch is, even the kit lens costs 3-5 times the Nikon/Canon equivs.

You can check the other systems too actually, Oly and pentax are not too bad too. Pentax has a new tiny cam. I'm having mixed opinions about Sony, but Navlem managed to get a decent setup for a fair price. (though mine's still cheaper & better! except flash haha.)

Have you decided if its a DSLR or a Compact that you want?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Actually, I'm leaning more towards the FZ28 until 2 of my buddies are buying the G1.

The price is around $300 more for the G1 compared to FZ28. Size wise, its roughly the same as the FZ28. Now its the lens which has a shorter zoom then FZ28 unless u buy another lens.

Actually, I'm leaning more towards the FZ28 until 2 of my buddies are buying the G1.

The price is around $300 more for the G1 compared to FZ28. Size wise, its roughly the same as the FZ28. Now its the lens which has a shorter zoom then FZ28 unless u buy another lens.
    frankly speaking, if u wan to use DSLR, i will suggest u anything other than G1... go for canon and nikon... more worth it

haha, i won't be taking sunset shot, been very busy in sch... no time to breath, lol... even at this time 11pm going to 12, i'm going to have an online discussion with my project mate on msn...

dun forget its DSLR-sized sensor :P

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    dun forget its DSLR-sized sensor :P
    Its not APS-C sized. its 4/3 sensor, and actually its a CDD sensor with no shutter reflex. Infact if you take out the lens, the sensor is COMPLETELY exposed... I got a fright at Sitex when I unmounted the lens. Lol. 2x crop factor instead of 1.5x which is somewhat smaller. In fact the noise is only decent up to ISO 400 according to my experience at Sitex. ISO 800 is much better than fz28 obviously, but still visible on the LCD screen already. 1600 is no-no on that guy.

Things to consider when buying the G1, you're buying the body at 1099 (is that the price?)... The kit lens should be 14-42. G1 has a 2x crop factor which makes it 28-82mm equiv.

I saw a few Leica 55-200mm lens going for 800+ 2nd hand on the BNS sections. You know these equivalents in Canon or Nikon, and very decent quality ones, only cost you around 300-400 brand new. Not to mention that you almost probably will want to replace the panasonic kit lens. (it just doesn't sound cool anyway.)

I have the impression G1 can take any 4/3 mount lenses, such as olympus and pentax(??). But don't take my word for it, its just an impression, you can go research. ^^

If you wanna get a brand new FZ28, why not get a 2nd hand FZ50 for 300-350? Go to the BNS and bargain. =X I personally would recommend that... for the sake of better handling, bigger lens and bigger sensor, for better transition to a DSLR. Sure its not the latest model, and it doesn't have HD video functions, but for a camera, its a very good match. especially for the price.

Here is lots of pic that I took this evening. as you guys know, I like Macros. hehe. so here is some macro and 1 non-macro-but-eerie shot.

1) The Wailing man...the place that I went today has a sudden water level receded. Thus showing this holes. eerie right?

2)Mr Hopper trying to camouflage

3)The Green Fly!

4)Mr Dragooooonfly.

5)Some flower pic
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

6)

7)"Where is that camera guy!? where is he???" says the Lynx spider.

8) Red eyes...means I'm sick!

9) Damn, I forgot this spider name. But this is the first time i saw this species to be big. the ones usually is very small. this 1 is twenty cents size.

10) Close-up

well, thats all folks!

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    6)

7)"Where is that camera guy!? where is he???" says the Lynx spider.

8) Red eyes...means I'm sick!

9) Damn, I forgot this spider name. But this is the first time i saw this species to be big. the ones usually is very small. this 1 is twenty cents size.

10) Close-up

well, thats all folks!
    Fantastic shots... you use a macro filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    He's using Raynox DCR-250, haha, our dear macro shooter is in a class of his own.

Somehow this is one cool FZ group with all sorts of different specialization.

Great macros as always Ricsal! Honestly speaking, how do you deal with the DOF? and what do you use for lighting? I don't remember the FZ18 flash to be that versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    I'm using as what Bro Ombre said. Raynox DCR-250 with DIY Diffuser. Flash +1.

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    He's using Raynox DCR-250, haha, our dear macro shooter is in a class of his own.

Somehow this is one cool FZ group with all sorts of different specialization.

Great macros as always Ricsal! Honestly speaking, how do you deal with the DOF? and what do you use for lighting? I don't remember the FZ18 flash to be that versatile.
    Nothing much lor. Raynox basically does the Job. Just need to get the right zoom. Move to and fro to catch the focus and shoot. My DIY diffuser does the job and also I change the flash intensity too at time.

Had some time to kill with my DCR 250 and found a co-operative fly.

Took Ricsal's advice and got down at eye level.

Zoomed in a bit closer, managed to get 1 or 2 shots then gone!

C and C please.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

You guys with the Raynox Macro are just doing crazy stuff! I must go get my extension tubes someday and do some macro too!

Rob, great pics, as usual, what I normally notice with your pics is that you can do with a little more contrast... just bump it up a little will help alot. Like +15 to +25 on photoshop. Otherwise use curves if you know how to =)

I would recommend you use "P" mode for now, as it helps you adjust exposure while you can change settings :P

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Had some time to kill with my DCR 250 and found a co-operative fly.

Took Ricsal's advice and got down at eye level.

Zoomed in a bit closer, managed to get 1 or 2 shots then gone!

C and C please.
    Good Shot Rob. Can see you getting along well with Raynox. haha. I agree with bro Ombre, you need to bring the contrast up a little so at least it doesnt look underexposed.

Looks like you got the details u want. Maybe you can find some great insect outdoor near you yard and show it to me. Quite interesting to see different insect over there which is different from Here.

1 thing that you need to know if you looking for insect outdoor is, try walking slowly around the area, its because 1st) dun wanna spook the little fella. 2nd) To scout the area around the subject just to be certain there is nothing ELSE there that has the same interest but different intention. As for me, I always look out for Green Snake(Like the one at my company) or other species of snakes.
    Last edited by ricsal; 21st January 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    I would recommend you use "P" mode for now, as it helps you adjust exposure while you can change settings :P

IMHO, P mode is only best when taking outdoor potraiture or big object shots. As for Macros, it will not help much since we are looking at a smaller objects. 'A' mode is the best for now...unless if we can Master M mode with fast changing the exposure. The contrast is based on the Flash intensity that you used.

Just my 2cnets knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    IMHO, P mode is only best when taking outdoor potraiture or big object shots. As for Macros, it will not help much since we are looking at a smaller objects. 'A' mode is the best for now...unless if we can Master M mode with fast changing the exposure. The contrast is based on the Flash intensity that you used.

Just my 2cnets knowledge.
    Oh ok, I'm no pro at macro, I'm just giving a general perspective :P

Bro ROB,

Here is the pic I edited for you. Hope you dont mind. Just wanna show the difference if you tweak the contrast up using software. At least can see the fine detail of that fly eyes.

1)

2)

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast