Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Quote Originally Posted by stitan2005 View Post
    ---
    Stitan,

Most cases 2nd hand are cheaper and usually as good as new... But always becareful as some deals are really rip-off. And not all are as good as new, obviously. Issues such as fungus may not be obvious to the very-un-fussy.

Personally I feel that John 3:16 is a good place to shop, the price may not be the Lowest, but its close enough to lowest, usually off by $20 max. The good thing about them is price is consistent, and they're very honest and service-friendly people, though their prices are usually firm. Other places may give good prices but sometimes they will throw a rip-off price to unsuspecting customers. Happy shopping

-------------------------

Hi ombre & skyguy,

thanks for your valuable information.
    really appreciate it alot.

basically i'm still deciding bet Nikon P90 or a Pana FZ28.
    Why the Pana FZ28 is because of its image output.
    why Nikon is because I'm using a current 6 mega pixel S5 model, but made in korea.

Nowadays Nikon are made in china, thailand, etc. No more japan models...
    Pana still from japan n the lens is leica...
    Nikon prosumers such as their P80 and P90 usually have enticing specifications.

But one thing is that the camera does not perform very well.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stitan2005 View Post
    ---

thanks for your valuable information.
    really appreciate it alot.

basically i'm still deciding bet Nikon P90 or a Pana FZ28.
    Why the Pana FZ28 is because of its image output.
    why Nikon is because I'm using a current 6 mega pixel S5 model, but made in korea.

Nowadays Nikon are made in china, thailand, etc. No more japan models...
    Pana still from japan n the lens is leica...
    hmm both camera have their own advantages... but since u are looking at slightly "big" size prosumer... have u considered DSLR??? haha, quite a number of prosumer user now upgrading to dslr...
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

too add on, quite a number of weird people are holding DSLR these days... yesterday when Melvan and I went candid-ing... we saw...

2 Ladies in dresses holding DSLR...
    1 Little kid with DSLR...
    1 young sec sch girl in PE attire with DSLR...
    1 maid with a Nikon FF and 24-70mm F2.8 G (like 3-5k worth set?!) being the full time photographer for the family... she was crazily bursting away...

and a whole lot others, we must have at least walked past 20-30 DSLRs... not to mention at the event with all the crazy lenses haha, saw some people with 400mm F2.8 L and such.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Getting the LX3 would be much cheaper than the EF 14 F2.8L II USM lens...
    I was actually thinking along Tokina's 12-24... good constant F4 and sharp wide open with low distortions, only worry is some CA. somewhere $550, about the price of LX3... Size and weight totally different though. LX3... noise and value depreciation are somethings to worry about though.

Do you know if LX3 is only 24mm @ 16:9 ratio? Can it take in 3:2 ratio still maintaining 24mm?

Then again I was thinking, UWAs may be fun but its still not my main style... and its a whole extra lens to lug around..., might as well upgrade my body with the money

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    too add on, quite a number of weird people are holding DSLR these days... yesterday when Melvan and I went candid-ing... we saw...

2 Ladies in dresses holding DSLR...
    1 Little kid with DSLR...
    1 young sec sch girl in PE attire with DSLR...
    1 maid with a Nikon FF and 24-70mm F2.8 G (like 3-5k worth set?!) being the full time photographer for the family... she was crazily bursting away...

and a whole lot others, we must have at least walked past 20-30 DSLRs... not to mention at the event with all the crazy lenses haha, saw some people with 400mm F2.8 L and such.
    wow 400mm L... must be shooting something really far... haha... anyway, yea, there is alot of people that own a camera now... almost everyone have 1... imagine going to a party or some gathering, everyone there got a camera... feel abit weird right, i take u, u take me...
    ztphotography

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    wow 400mm L... must be shooting something really far... haha... anyway, yea, there is alot of people that own a camera now... almost everyone have 1... imagine going to a party or some gathering, everyone there got a camera... feel abit weird right, i take u, u take me...
    haha, not very far seriously. We were indoors at marina square, the center stage area... and he was using 400L handheld buy grabbing the tripod mount horizontally... HUGE lens, some other lenses there too, I believe there was a 600mm F4 too, but never see carefully, lots of pros there that day at Marina Square.

Hmm... or maybe I get a lousy kit lens for $40, and try to use a WA converter, like Vitacon? Haha... make a UWA below 100... IQ not very important here.

wats the widest lens u have so far ombre???
    ztphotography

24mm... *1.6 = 38.4mm equiv.

Not very wide already...

Anyway... one picture to share, very candid IMO

Shared without permission ^^

"Drunk with beer-cans"

hmmm yea 24mm is not very wide... i think u should save up to get a proper (2nd hand) ultra wide angle lens, coz i guess tat lens will stay with u for quite long...
    ztphotography

Hey! You posted my pic without my permission

I'll take my revenge!

uh, what did you do with my face? so over-sharpened!

hi guys, i just got my IR filter and stealth reporter D100AW all thanks to xpraveen, but anyway, tested out the IR today, and below is the result,
    anyway i found out that when taking IR, it's best taken on very bright sunny day, and shutter speed tend to increase as it require more light, thus tripod is recommended even when its bright sunny day... final conclusion, FZ18 and most probaly 28 too can produce good IR too~!~! all photo taken in NTU

after tat photoshop is done based on this link:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316576

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3zfsBb4Unm...h/Picture2.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3zfsBb4Unm...h/Picture3.jpg

ok.. together with it, decided to post alittle image taken when i was in sch... all FZ18

last pic is inspired by my friend draken413o
    ok time to clean my filter... damn dirty
    Last edited by skyguy; 1st April 2009 at 10:38 PM.
    ztphotography

the IR shots are interesting :P

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    Very classic Zt style. Use of simple frames, very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Very classic Zt style. Use of simple frames, very effective.
    haha i like this picture too.. thanks for making ntu a more beautiful place =P
    cheers

Kojima87
    Guests

my first few shots with my FZ28 and my first post.
    Last edited by Kojima87; 1st April 2009 at 10:33 PM.

not bad... got the basic requirement of black and white, an area tat is very black, an area tat is very white, and grey all over the place

keep playing with the cam, shutter count doesn't matter to FZer
    Last edited by skyguy; 1st April 2009 at 10:39 PM.
    ztphotography

From what i see, you made it black and white because the people are underexposed when you took the picture.

If you would like to expose the people properly, you should use spot metering. Will help in tricky lighting situations such as this

To the black and white pic, I think if exposed correctly,will be less interesting... However I felt that we can afford bringing the details outside the window back in too... do that by reducing exposure more and using flash to recover the foreground details.