Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

D60 is a good camera except you cannot AF unless you have a lens that have the AF motor.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    D60 is a good camera except you cannot AF unless you have a lens that have the AF motor.
    yup i heard about it... i also heard nikon got some AF attachment so as to use non-AF lens... some AF-S AF-I thingy which i am alien to.. haha
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

You can try it if you want, hope you can find a buyer for your FZ18 and find a good offer for the D60

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Why not think of a smaller camera like the TZ series?
    Hm, because they kinda lack the range & aperture too... okay more info.

My Teacher likes to do night-trekking (and day too)... shes currently using a ultra compact, which really sux :S. I believe if she has a prosumer, M mode, and a tripod, she should be able to do most of her work. She should be able to live with noise (as she probably doesn't know what it is... yet). TZ series abit not too versatile IMO...

Looking around, I found that FZ50 and FZ30 aren't very different hm? dpreview seems to be in favor of FZ30, given that FZ50 has alot of smearing due to NR.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    yup i heard about it... i also heard nikon got some AF attachment so as to use non-AF lens... some AF-S AF-I thingy which i am alien to.. haha
    Haha, I say go for Canon. All in all more bang for bucks in my opinion. But generally I observe that Nikons have better zooms, Canon have better primes (cheap too!). Canon lenses tend to be cheaper by 10-20% for all comparable lenses. (Same range and aperture).

I may be wrong though!

hello! clunk, the crab looks YUMMY.

anyway i think im in the exact same situation as skyguy. i will only upgrade my camera if i can sell off my current FZ18, though i'm not in the constant lookout for a buyer. but if an opportunity arises, why not?
    anyway ombre, how much is ur teacher willing to pay for a FZ18 that still has warranty?

oh by the way, i was one of the photographers for an orientation camp last year, and i used the FZ18 to shoot.
    everyone was fascinated with my camera cos they were using the tiny digital cameras =p

and if i do upgrade to a DSLR, would probably get a canon 350D!
    cheers

hi all,

I'm new to this thread.
    Been reading but never post before.

I've been planning to buy the FZ-28 soon, so that I can contribute my shots and keep the thread going...!

I know it's old old question, but which place to buy the FZ-28 now?
    From John3:16 ? Mustafah?

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post

My Teacher likes to do night-trekking (and day too)... shes currently using a ultra compact, which really sux :S. I believe if she has a prosumer, M mode, and a tripod, she should be able to do most of her work. She should be able to live with noise (as she probably doesn't know what it is... yet). TZ series abit not too versatile IMO...

Looking around, I found that FZ50 and FZ30 aren't very different hm? dpreview seems to be in favor of FZ30, given that FZ50 has alot of smearing due to NR.
    i'm not sure if weight and size is of a concern... coz treking we usually will wan to keep it light... if size is really of a concern she might be going for smaller size prosumer

Quote Originally Posted by stitan2005 View Post
    hi all,

I'm new to this thread.
    Been reading but never post before.

I've been planning to buy the FZ-28 soon, so that I can contribute my shots and keep the thread going...!

I know it's old old question, but which place to buy the FZ-28 now?
    From John3:16 ? Mustafah?
    mustafah... thats something new, i have never thought of buying from there nor did i hear tat name in this forum often... anyway do consider 2nd hand, coz its confirm the cheapest, and its as good as new...

anyway, john3:16 is famours for his service bah, not really the price... most of the "simlim" type of shop is selling at quite a close price, around $640.
    ztphotography

True, the TZs does not have ASM controls but there is a min shutter & "portrait" mode to workaround these limitation. For the size & weight of the camera the focal length (35mm eq) of 28-280mm is great.

To me for trekking (day & night), it would be easier to carry a smaller camera. For me I am using the TZ15 with a very light/small full height tripod. It is great for night shots, once you turn off the MOIS when attached to a tripod.

For noise control in the FZ50, I normally turn the NR to low and do my NR during PP instead. I would say that the handling of the FZ50 is better than FZ30, example the LCD screen & TTL flash support...

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    mustafah... thats something new, i have never thought of buying from there nor did i hear tat name in this forum often... anyway do consider 2nd hand, coz its confirm the cheapest, and its as good as new...

anyway, john3:16 is famours for his service bah, not really the price... most of the "simlim" type of shop is selling at quite a close price, around $640.
    WaWaWa! Must becareful what you say, they may really believe! Haha.

---
    Stitan,

Most cases 2nd hand are cheaper and usually as good as new... But always becareful as some deals are really rip-off. And not all are as good as new, obviously. Issues such as fungus may not be obvious to the very-un-fussy.

Personally I feel that John 3:16 is a good place to shop, the price may not be the Lowest, but its close enough to lowest, usually off by $20 max. The good thing about them is price is consistent, and they're very honest and service-friendly people, though their prices are usually firm. Other places may give good prices but sometimes they will throw a rip-off price to unsuspecting customers. Happy shopping

True, the TZs does not have ASM controls but there is a min shutter & "portrait" mode to workaround these limitation. For the size & weight of the camera the focal length (35mm eq) of 28-280mm is great.

To me for trekking (day & night), it would be easier to carry a smaller camera. For me I am using the TZ15 with a very light/small full height tripod. It is great for night shots, once you turn off the MOIS when attached to a tripod.

For noise control in the FZ50, I normally turn the NR to low and do my NR during PP instead. I would say that the handling of the FZ50 is better than FZ30, example the LCD screen & TTL flash support...
    Hmm, where do you get a TZ15? I searched dpreview and they only have TZ50 or TZ5... with similar stats that you mentioned.

But hm, actually I thought the PASM modes will be important for my teacher, at least I'd encourage her to learn to use M mode for her night shots... which seems to be what shes missing in her current pictures... Size and weight... hm, I don't think 800g is v heavy though, but I'll ask on that.

Hm, FZ30 also has the flip LCD doesn't it? TTL may be an important add on sometime though... hmm something to think about.

Thanks for your inputs by the way

Hmm, where do you get a TZ15? I searched dpreview and they only have TZ50 or TZ5... with similar stats that you mentioned.

But hm, actually I thought the PASM modes will be important for my teacher, at least I'd encourage her to learn to use M mode for her night shots... which seems to be what shes missing in her current pictures... Size and weight... hm, I don't think 800g is v heavy though, but I'll ask on that.

Hm, FZ30 also has the flip LCD doesn't it? TTL may be an important add on sometime though... hmm something to think about.

Thanks for your inputs by the way
    I got my TZ15 during my last trip to Hong Kong. Actually wanted to buy the A300 + 18-250mm lens but they don't have stock, so in the end bought a PnS instead....

The TZ15 is the same as TZ5, only different is the language (TZ15 include Asian language). Unless your teacher wants Chinese or Malay menu, it is the same for him/her.

The FZ50's LCD is able to flips down to 180 but the FZ30 can't....

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz50/

I got my TZ15 during my last trip to Hong Kong. Actually wanted to buy the A300 + 18-250mm lens but they don't have stock, so in the end bought a PnS instead....

The TZ15 is the same as TZ5, only different is the language (TZ15 include Asian language). Unless your teacher wants Chinese or Malay menu, it is the same for him/her.

The FZ50's LCD is able to flips down to 180 but the FZ30 can't....

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz50/
    Hm... I see, cool...

Happen to also notice the Fuji S9600... apparently the smallest pixel density prosumer around... but it takes AA batteries and the aperture is kinda small...

Prosumers are so much harder to choose than DSLRS!

Hm... I see, cool...

Happen to also notice the Fuji S9600... apparently the smallest pixel density prosumer around... but it takes AA batteries and the aperture is kinda small...

Prosumers are so much harder to choose than DSLRS!
    The S9600 is rather a "dated" camera by today's standard... there is no Image stabilization in both the lens or the sensor.

o... haha, thanks for pointing that out Anson, I totally didn't realize. Kinda take IS for granted on prosumers...

Sigh, Im gonna get BBB again, looking for UWA... or should I buy LX3? Hm..

Some shots from today, candids with Melvan... he should be posting his nice HDR soon... haha.

Getting the LX3 would be much cheaper than the EF 14 F2.8L II USM lens...

Haha, since you request for it, will post my HDR shots, and a few candids along with it.

o... haha, thanks for pointing that out Anson, I totally didn't realize. Kinda take IS for granted on prosumers...

yea yea... LX3... leica lens is better... lol, maybe ur teacher could consider LX3 too... if she dun need the zoom...
    ztphotography

---
    Stitan,

Most cases 2nd hand are cheaper and usually as good as new... But always becareful as some deals are really rip-off. And not all are as good as new, obviously. Issues such as fungus may not be obvious to the very-un-fussy.

Personally I feel that John 3:16 is a good place to shop, the price may not be the Lowest, but its close enough to lowest, usually off by $20 max. The good thing about them is price is consistent, and they're very honest and service-friendly people, though their prices are usually firm. Other places may give good prices but sometimes they will throw a rip-off price to unsuspecting customers. Happy shopping

-------------------------

Hi ombre & skyguy,

thanks for your valuable information.
    really appreciate it alot.

basically i'm still deciding bet Nikon P90 or a Pana FZ28.
    Why the Pana FZ28 is because of its image output.
    why Nikon is because I'm using a current 6 mega pixel S5 model, but made in korea.

Nowadays Nikon are made in china, thailand, etc. No more japan models...
    Pana still from japan n the lens is leica...