Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 943

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

  1. #221

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Yeah I know its tilted, was placed on a parapet though, i didn't have a tripod that day..

    The parapet seemed straight too -_-"
    its called barrel distortion =P ABIT of tilt will make it look like *10 more degrees. Especially with your 17-70mm kit lens. Unless you used H9?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  2. #222

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by rwcheng View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I redid it a little. Straightened and recropped. I played with the tone mapping again and was able to squeeze a bit more details out.

    Is this better?


    The tilt is gone, yea, much cleaner now! The 2 windows on the left seem to have lost their details tho, but thats just nitpicking. haha.

    Not an error, but i happen to realize that the left wall is warmer and the right wall has a green cast, did you add that or was it just like that?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  3. #223

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Some HDR shots taken today..







    Last edited by navlem; 3rd March 2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  4. #224

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    The tilt is gone, yea, much cleaner now! The 2 windows on the left seem to have lost their details tho, but thats just nitpicking. haha.

    Not an error, but i happen to realize that the left wall is warmer and the right wall has a green cast, did you add that or was it just like that?
    i believe the green cast on the right wall was due to the sunlight coming in from the left window, which in turn reflect on to the wall... so my guess is this shot is taken early in the morning or in the evening when sunset...

  5. #225

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    i believe the green cast on the right wall was due to the sunlight coming in from the left window, which in turn reflect on to the wall... so my guess is this shot is taken early in the morning or in the evening when sunset...
    You may be right, but I don't exactly agree, because the whole wall has a different WB tone to it, not just the window portions. I would find it weird if the actual building has one wall with different color.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  6. #226

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    i believe the green cast on the right wall was due to the sunlight coming in from the left window, which in turn reflect on to the wall... so my guess is this shot is taken early in the morning or in the evening when sunset...

    You are right. It is due to the light coming through the upper left 'blue' stained glass windows reflecting on the wall.

    RC
    My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

  7. #227
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    hello all....am back to using fz5 at the moment...can share some image here anot?

  8. #228

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by dxsibo View Post
    hello all....am back to using fz5 at the moment...can share some image here anot?
    Sure
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  9. #229

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    I shot some water drops with the FZ28. Not too bad for not being a macro lens.

    RC








    My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

  10. #230

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    I havent posted pics for awhile, so heres some from yesterday. Supposed to be candid-ing with Melvan, we ended up with BBB virus and each bought a lens, lol. But we did shoot some anyway.







    AF was abit cranky that day, I suspect my body needs recalibration, but for now I'm living with it... all shots are from the 135mm F2 L all shot at F2 in the evening, nice bokeh yar?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  11. #231

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Somemore from me









    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  12. #232

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)



    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  13. #233

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    I havent posted pics for awhile, so heres some from yesterday. Supposed to be candid-ing with Melvan, we ended up with BBB virus and each bought a lens, lol. But we did shoot some anyway.







    AF was abit cranky that day, I suspect my body needs recalibration, but for now I'm living with it... all shots are from the 135mm F2 L all shot at F2 in the evening, nice bokeh yar?

    I like the picture of the blonde and the candles. What camera did you use?
    My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

  14. #234

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Ombre uses a canon 20D

    As for me, i use a Sony A300
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  15. #235

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    BTW ombre, i find your little girl pic de skintone abit too red, maybe its because of her shirt ba.. Help you PP abit, you see if you like it anot..

    Last edited by navlem; 6th March 2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  16. #236

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by rwcheng View Post
    I shot some water drops with the FZ28. Not too bad for not being a macro lens.

    RC

    nice shot rwcheng, so far all ur shot posted are sharp and clear... just wondering, tat droplet shot is taken outdoor or indoor... coz for me (and maybe zephy*), have problem to shot indoor without so much noise... and if urs is indoor... u gonna really teach us how u did it so clear and sharp..

  17. #237

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    nice shot rwcheng, so far all ur shot posted are sharp and clear... just wondering, tat droplet shot is taken outdoor or indoor... coz for me (and maybe zephy*), have problem to shot indoor without so much noise... and if urs is indoor... u gonna really teach us how u did it so clear and sharp..
    Try using flash?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  18. #238

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    Try using flash?
    yea could be flash for tat pic...

  19. #239

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Hi, I used camera flash. I tried a few more with a Canon 450D this time. I think they turned out sharper than the FZ28.

    My settings: 1/200s, F11, iso 100 Manual focus

    I put a color plastic bag behind the water dish to add some drama to the pics.

    RC





    My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

  20. #240

    Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

    Cheng are you using a macro lens? Anyway good concept, though quite repeated already haha. Such pics are difficult to do in Singapore as we're nearer the equator, the effect isn't so drastic due to gravitational effects. Doesn't have the 'swirl' look.


    Skyguy, try using aluminium foils as reflectors and guide some daylight in from different directions... since you can't use an off-shoe flash. Can try different types of liquids too!

    Personally I feel too lazy to do these kind of shots though, how many takes and retakes did you do to get those? Haha.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •