Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Nice bird! Where did you find it?!
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Nice bird! Where did you find it?!

Thanks, taken at the local bird sanctuary in St Louis, U.S.
    My Gallery: PBase.com/renantcheng

Nice bird indeed.

I like its eyes..
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Ex. user of FZ18. Good cam though but sensor is too small to take noiseless pics. LOL.

Here are some pictures I took with fz18.

Passion for Photography

somemore... I will apologise if you feel these pictures arent as visually appealing as you hope they are to be.

Passion for Photography

Chicubang, nice vibrant colors. Good job.

RC

Hi Chikubang, (and everyone else! it's been looong since i posted something, but i never stopped viewing and following the forum)
    Regarding those photos you took with the FZ18, did you use any external lens?
    As much as i like taking photos with my FZ18, i still find the pictures noisy even when I use the right ISO and shutter speed. I see this problem surfacing even more when I take photos indoors..

what shld i do? will it help if i buy lenses like the telecon and wide angle?
    cheers

The reason for noisy pics is because of the small sensor fz18 is using.
    For daylight photography, fz18 can do the job pretty well. But it kinda sucks during night because as in increase ur iso, ur pics will turn out to be extremely noisy.

One downfall of fz18 is that it has no hotshoe to attach external flash.

I didnt attach any external lens for the pics I have taken. I pp the photos though.

Because the lens size for fz18 is like 49mm, I bought an adapter to increase the size to 67mm. So that i can play abit with tianya filters.

But if u opt for noiseless pics, fz18 will disappoint you.
    Passion for Photography

great pics chikubang! are the sunsets HDRs?

hmm, what do tianya filters do?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    hmm, what do tianya filters do?
    tianya filter i think is the square shape type of filter... usually for gradient effect i think...

as for the picture quality, filter doesn't improve the quality, it just add in effect...

i do notice the noise by FZ18 too, but i live with it...outdoor shot should not be a problem... the problem come when we are indoor, be it day or night... to solve this, one is to use flash, which i hate to use... the other is to use longer shutter speed... long shutter speed does help to lower the noise as i was experimenting it... but the problem is, when we take photo of human, they won't stop there long enough for us to take the photo and our hand would not be able to hold so long to stablize it.

so if u wanna have better pic quality, filter will not help, photoshop it~!

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    tianya filter i think is the square shape type of filter... usually for gradient effect i think...

as for the picture quality, filter doesn't improve the quality, it just add in effect...

i do notice the noise by FZ18 too, but i live with it...outdoor shot should not be a problem... the problem come when we are indoor, be it day or night... to solve this, one is to use flash, which i hate to use... the other is to use longer shutter speed... long shutter speed does help to lower the noise as i was experimenting it... but the problem is, when we take photo of human, they won't stop there long enough for us to take the photo and our hand would not be able to hold so long to stablize it.

so if u wanna have better pic quality, filter will not help, photoshop it~!
    haha thank you skyguy. you have answered every single question that's hovering around my head =p

i agree with you. most indoor shots i take are either pics of people or my dog, but they just won't freeze.. so yup..i guess i'll have to use the flash.. just that i really don't like the flash too esp on my dog! totally changes his fur colour and its not good for his eyes. but like what you said, outdoor shots are great =p
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    haha thank you skyguy. you have answered every single question that's hovering around my head =p

i agree with you. most indoor shots i take are either pics of people or my dog, but they just won't freeze.. so yup..i guess i'll have to use the flash.. just that i really don't like the flash too esp on my dog! totally changes his fur colour and its not good for his eyes. but like what you said, outdoor shots are great =p
    If his fur color changes, that means you're not white balancing properly during the shot =P!

And you should flash outdoors too actually Flash is an awesome tool once you learn how to use it ^^.

no, i didnt use hdr program at all. fz18 has rather amazing AEB. What i did is just using curves and levels to process the pics.

Anyway, filters arent that useful because u can edit using photoshop. But graduated grey is useful taking sunset pics.

Cheers!
    Passion for Photography

a few simple HDR pics i've took the last time :P

Not very good compared to last time, but just to share..haha

look like a "there and back again" places...

the 1st pic look very badly tilted...

Hi,

My first attempt at an indoor HDR. It was very dark in there; I was surprised it still captured a lot of the details.

FZ28, F6.3, 3.2sec, iso 100, -1,0,+1 ev

c&c welcome

RC

Cathedral Basilica (built in 1907), Saint Louis, US

Last edited by rwcheng; 28th February 2009 at 06:22 AM.

wow stunning shot of the church! Somehow I gave up on HDRs, they never reach this quality =( The flare coming in on the left is very effective.

Anyway, you might want to try this again, its a really good shot worth redoing.

1) take a few more exposures using manual instead of AEB, the light coming thru the windows seems a little too burned out, maybe have some nice blue skies coming in?

2) might wanna put it dead center , there appears to be more of the right side of the church than the left. Theres also a very slight tilt.

Otherwise, you have a pic that you should print and hang on the wall. =)

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    look like a "there and back again" places...

the 1st pic look very badly tilted...
    Yeah I know its tilted, was placed on a parapet though, i didn't have a tripod that day..

The parapet seemed straight too -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    wow stunning shot of the church! Somehow I gave up on HDRs, they never reach this quality =( The flare coming in on the left is very effective.

Anyway, you might want to try this again, its a really good shot worth redoing.

1) take a few more exposures using manual instead of AEB, the light coming thru the windows seems a little too burned out, maybe have some nice blue skies coming in?

2) might wanna put it dead center , there appears to be more of the right side of the church than the left. Theres also a very slight tilt.

Otherwise, you have a pic that you should print and hang on the wall. =)

Thanks for the comments. I redid it a little. Straightened and recropped. I played with the tone mapping again and was able to squeeze a bit more details out.

Is this better?

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast