Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to improve this kind of lousy PS and photo?

Default Re: How to improve this kind of lousy PS and photo?

[QUOTE=redmonsoon;4731258]
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Are you aware that such photos are not allowed under Singapore LAWS
    You are threading on thin ice now
    It will be placed under 'instigation the destruction of Singapore". You are liable to investigation for creating social fear.
    This statement comes out from a Singapore lawyer.[/QUOTE

For those who tinks this is just fun & nothing more..thks..haha
    haha i see u added ufos

WAH! Redsun...

Don't say didnt warn you...'You are liable to investigation for creating social fear...'
    I feel afraid so you're in trouble now...lol

*whip sweat...turn attention to Redsun...heng ar*
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 21st January 2009 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    WAH! Redsun...

Don't say didnt warn you...'You are liable to investigation for creating social fear...'
    I feel afraid, you're in trouble now...lol

thats the aftermath of redmonsoon's invasion

WAH! Redsun...

I feel afraid, you're in trouble now...lol

Well it's a good laugh for now
    You see, I'm not really joking about that part After all, I didn't post the photo, so yup actually I just merely fold my hands and watch
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Well it's a good laugh for now
    You see, I'm not really joking about that part After all, I didn't post the photo, so yup actually I just merely fold my hands and watch
    No worries dude, thks for the warning anyway, I do get your pt.

Quote Originally Posted by dodongdodong View Post
    One more try for me

wah! sumatra earthquake liao.. heheee..

Actually I am wondering which section of the law it breaks. Care to elaborate? I never know cracking jokes is an offence under Singapore laws.

Quote Originally Posted by dodongdodong View Post
    One more try for me

Actually I do really like this!!Very futurisstic, almost like cartoon 'Jetsons'.
    But will be better if the halo around the buildings are removed.
    I love the strokes, is it a combination of PS filters or 3rd party?

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Actually I am wondering which section of the law it breaks. Care to elaborate? I never know cracking jokes is an offence under Singapore laws.
    In which specific law section, I'm not aware of. I am not cracking jokes when I mention about the issue regarding making photos that destroy any part of Singapore regardless if it is posted or not. We have seen alot of medium in movies, advertisements and maybe drawings of important and prominent architectures in the United States being destroyed in the process. But unfortunately, Singapore law is pretty different from US.

Lets put a disclaimer that what I say may not be completely true. But believe it or not, I heard this from a friend. The source is reliable because the actual person who mention this is a lawyer whom practice law in Singapore. We discussed about this issue because my friend is interested in producing such kind of realistic photos that may depict destruction of any landscape of Singapore. After consulting a lawyer opinion, we got to know such media is highly not recommended because of the probable infringement of "instigation of destruction of Singapore" involved.

If you ask me if there is such an exact clause in the LAW that mentioned it, I will tell you frankly I don't know nor I will find out. But living in Singapore for 30 years for me, I know that when it comes to law in Singapore, if it is not mentioned, it doesn't mean it can be done. The "All Rights Reserved" doesn't belong to the plaintiff in most cases.

I brought it up just as a reminder to whom may have posted such photographs. My words can be ignored to whom may deem fit

Jokes comes in different level. Some jokes are fine and harmless, some jokes that may result in fear or confusion to the society is definitely not lightly taken in the aspect of law.
    Last edited by David Kwok; 22nd January 2009 at 12:38 AM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Deregistered

I like a more classic B&w film sort of approach!!

In which specific law section, I'm not aware of. I am not cracking jokes when I mention about the issue regarding making photos that destroy any part of Singapore regardless if it is posted or not. We have seen alot of medium in movies, advertisements and maybe drawings of important and prominent architectures in the United States being destroyed in the process. But unfortunately, Singapore law is pretty different from US.

Lets put a disclaimer that what I say may not be completely true. But believe it or not, I heard this from a friend. The source is reliable because the actual person who mention this is a lawyer whom practice law in Singapore. We discussed about this issue because my friend is interested in producing such kind of realistic photos that may depict destruction of any landscape of Singapore. After consulting a lawyer opinion, we got to know such media is highly not recommended because of the probable infringement of "instigation of destruction of Singapore" involved.

If you ask me if there is such an exact clause in the LAW that mentioned it, I will tell you frankly I don't know nor I will find out. But living in Singapore for 30 years for me, I know that when it comes to law in Singapore, if it is not mentioned, it doesn't mean it can be done. The "All Rights Reserved" doesn't belong to the plaintiff in most cases.

I brought it up just as a reminder to whom may have posted such photographs. My words can be ignored to whom may deem fit

Jokes comes in different level. Some jokes are fine and harmless, some jokes that may result in fear or confusion to the society is definitely not lightly taken in the aspect of law.
    I see. So you are not sure. Thanks for your expert advice but I am not buying it.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    I see. So you are not sure. Thanks for your expert advice but I am not buying it.
    you meanie leh.. relax la!

eyeopener, redmonsoon how u pp that? adding in the details etc.

nice

Hope you like this one. BTW I prefer the halos on the objects

Last edited by dodongdodong; 22nd January 2009 at 09:34 AM.

Here's my blue sky PP...

Last edited by longko; 22nd January 2009 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    ..redmonsoon how u pp that? adding in the details etc.
    - Rough mask out the sky.

- goggle images for all elements, 'smoke, torn down buildings, lightning, ufo' etc, being lowres means easier to find images. Which also explains why I added the heavy noise. Also play with blending modes.

- For the bombed out buildings, I only have x1 'master', and reused via 'Overlay' for all;masking out, burning/dodgeing portions.

- Take note of general lighting direction.

Much can still be done but I'll not be touching it.. like I said, its just a quick 'fun' piece. No need to analyse.

Hmm the first pic does look like a massive terrorist attack on Singapore.. maybe the Homeland security might be alerted soon..

- Rough mask out the sky.

- goggle images for all elements, 'smoke, torn down buildings, lightning, ufo' etc, being lowres means easier to find images. Which also explains why I added the heavy noise. Also play with blending modes.

- For the bombed out buildings, I only have x1 'master', and reused via 'Overlay' for all;masking out, burning/dodgeing portions.

- Take note of general lighting direction.

Much can still be done but I'll not be touching it.. like I said, its just a quick 'fun' piece. No need to analyse.
    U r a PS master! Are you working for Lucasart?

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    ..Are you working for Lucasart?
    no leh, not even in CG industry... got gd lobang can call me though..lol

heh... this seems interesting.. here's my take.. a quicke in the office lol...

i cropped it a little.. the cranes were just bugging me endless..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast