Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techniques for resizing/photoshopping pics?

Default Re: Techniques for resizing/photoshopping pics?

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    however, i didn't realise that resizing affects sharpness? or does it apply only for resizing using a jpg and not for resizing and saving as a jpg from RAW?
    when you resize to SMALLER,

the photo will look blurrer. try it for a scene with a lot of detail - you'll see what i mean.

I suggest you use an Imageready droplet to do batch resize! With that you can select your resizing algorithm too. Select Bicubic Sharper/Smoother for the best effect! PM me if you need help on the droplet!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    Thanks
    I only just started touching up my pics on flickr (they were originally uploaded with no touch-ups).
    I didn't touch up and upload the grasshopper yet. BTW the background is a purple chair, I did notice that Photoshop turns it blue with auto-color adjustment.
    That's a good example of why the auto adjustments should be avoided. I deliberately made the background blue (not knowing what the original color was).

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    when you resize to SMALLER,

the photo will look blurrer. try it for a scene with a lot of detail - you'll see what i mean.
    thanks for the headup....never noticed that at all although i resize a lot...
    G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12