Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone caught the flu bug ??

Default Re: anyone caught the flu bug ??

trying to recover from 1... been sounding like a horse lately for the last 8 days...
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    u need to be extra careful. the period when u've recover from the flu is the period where u are the most vulnerable to re-attack. ie you are still very susceptible to it.
    on that day, no choice.....got emergency call and had to attend with boss. Luckily, can claim medical bills from company.

Usually, I dun get it for more than a year or so.

Now, this time, just got it like 6months ago and now got it again. Maybe, too much work, too many late nights and too little exercise la.

So, now, got to drink lots of water, and lots of rest.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    can request mouth to mouth transfer?
    sure as long as you don't mind the furry tongue and the green phlem......

just did 14 hours in bed...and had a couple of spin trips.....quite fun......but the sun called and had to drag the beaten body up and go for a walk.....as deswitch says - walking in the sun is good and the bad head feels better.

me maver has given me a cough mixture called "lohankuo" which tastes nice and seems to have soothed the thumping throat....as well as have gargled with listerine (me maver does vinegar and salt) to kill the microbes.....

now drinking cups of teaspoon of turmeric (natural antibiotic) with honey (again me maver's remedy) plus just made meself some nice chicken broth......

gonna go back under me blankets as can't seem to get warm......heehee.....this is fun.....I'm human!
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

folks.

remember this..

common cold/influenza, two illnesses caused by different viruses. symptoms are similar but in influenza, more prominent fever and exhaustion may be exhibited.

antibiotics prescribed to you will be for prophylactic purposes, that is as a form of prevention of any secondary infection that may arise from the virus attack (or maybe even the worsening of the original symptoms experienced).

so don't for a moment think cold/flu, therefore antibiotics. doesn't work that way, and it's a very bad mindset to adapt (since it does lead to antibiotics abuse, which in the medical world is a very very VERY serious issue since the discovery of viruses resistant to antibiotics, such as MRSA).

hence, and again, rest rest rest and hydration. okay folks?
    Last edited by terryansimon; 18th January 2009 at 11:47 PM.
    chicken fight!

yes dad.....

by the way turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties and is suppose to be a good detox......it's my new cure all for 2009.....just try see if any good if I drink it regularly......or otherwise my skin becomes more yellow
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

hey tas - have you heard about the healing props oil of wild oregano?

http://curingherbs.com/wild_oregano_oil.htm

what causes all these flu virus attack ? is it changes in weather ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    what causes all these flu virus attack ? is it changes in weather ?

there are many many many variables when it comes to viruses and its attack on the immune system. lack of immunity is one of the main reasons, and that in itself can also be attributed to many other reasons such as stress, previous illness, lack of sleep, diminished bodily functions due to other physiological/psychological factors.

as for viruses. they are constantly mutating and thus, even though you may be immune to a previous strain of virus that caused influenza, you may still fall ill due to the newly mutated virus attacking your system instead.
    chicken fight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12