Page 1 of 15 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 282

Thread: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

  1. #1
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    OH GOLLY

    i'm listening to 70s/80s music now.

    sorry am i allowed to post this?

    share your favourite 80s music!

    Blondie hey!

    i was watching Freddie Mercury in Queen's music videos just now.

    HE IS WIN.

    and so is David Bowie.

    /end random please post your fave music from that era!

  2. #2
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas



  3. #3

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    watched that vid a million times. freddie mercury. oh... so... good.
    Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24mm F/4, Nikkor 18-55mm VR, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, SB600

  4. #4
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by macrolandscape View Post
    watched that vid a million times. freddie mercury. oh... so... good.

    gotta love his pink pout

  5. #5

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Hahahaha!

    This vid so appropriate with all conditions fufilled!


  6. #6

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    siao liao

  7. #7
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hahahaha!

    This vid so appropriate with all conditions fufilled!




    OMG I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!


  8. #8

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Gawt too maniee goot dance songs from that era leh ... also from distinctively different movements and gneres ... so depends on which particular gnere you're referring to.

  9. #9

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    how do you guys remember the time periods anyways

    i only remember what i like

  10. #10

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas


  11. #11

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    I can't remember the specific time period, which is also why I can never remember the segments of man's evolution especially through the end of the dark ages, into the middle ages and so on.

    I vaugely remember the gneres (from 70s - 80s)

    Jive
    Funk
    Disco
    Punk
    New Wave (initially an alternate lable for punk, but later a seperate gnere)
    Rock (commercial or Pop Rock that is)
    Mainstream Pop (and dance music)
    I can't remember the rest

    Several of the gneres also have sub-classifications and some may be overly-similar to the root gnere, but some are distinctively evolved.

  12. #12
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Gawt too maniee goot dance songs from that era leh ... also from distinctively different movements and gneres ... so depends on which particular gnere you're referring to.

    i only remember those that i like.

    HAHAHA i was bopping to depeche mode just now

  13. #13
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas




    one of my favourite songs in the world
    Last edited by riotvan; 17th January 2009 at 01:50 PM.

  14. #14
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I can't remember the specific time period, which is also why I can never remember the segments of man's evolution especially through the end of the dark ages, into the middle ages and so on.

    I vaugely remember the gneres (from 70s - 80s)

    Jive
    Funk
    Disco
    Punk
    New Wave (initially an alternate lable for punk, but later a seperate gnere)
    Rock (commercial or Pop Rock that is)
    Mainstream Pop (and dance music)
    I can't remember the rest

    Several of the gneres also have sub-classifications and some may be overly-similar to the root gnere, but some are distinctively evolved.

    where do depeche mode, blondie, david bowie, and queen go?

    rock i suppose? pop rock? there's some disco and electronic sounds to some of their songs though

  15. #15

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    i dont think its possible to just like a specific genre. music shudnt be classified imo. if it sounds good to me, ill listen. if it doesnt ill just find something else.
    Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24mm F/4, Nikkor 18-55mm VR, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, SB600

  16. #16

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    where do depeche mode, blondie, david bowie, and queen go?

    rock i suppose? pop rock? there's some disco and electronic sounds to some of their songs though
    Generally New Wave and Rock.

    Mind you, the hard core ROCK was seperate from the commercialised and dance varieties. Most hard core rockers would never consider what we know as 'Rock' to be real Rock.

    Did you know that the classical composer, Rachmaninov can be considered to be the GGG Grand Daddy of modern (in the 70s) Heavy Metal?

  17. #17

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by macrolandscape View Post
    i dont think its possible to just like a specific genre. music shudnt be classified imo. if it sounds good to me, ill listen. if it doesnt ill just find something else.


    maybe im just finding a lame excuse cause i dont know the specific genres of music i like.
    Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24mm F/4, Nikkor 18-55mm VR, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, SB600

  18. #18

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    there is

    i like

    i don't like

    and i want to cry when i listen

  19. #19

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Generally New Wave and Rock.

    Mind you, the hard core ROCK was seperate from the commercialised and dance varieties. Most hard core rockers would never consider what we know as 'Rock' to be real Rock.

    Did you know that the classical composer, Rachmaninov can be considered to be the GGG Grand Daddy of modern (in the 70s) Heavy Metal?
    why are u like a walking wikipedia? lol
    Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24mm F/4, Nikkor 18-55mm VR, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, SB600

  20. #20
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: can't sleep + 70s/80s music + dancing in pajamas

    Quote Originally Posted by macrolandscape View Post
    i dont think its possible to just like a specific genre. music shudnt be classified imo. if it sounds good to me, ill listen. if it doesnt ill just find something else.

    of course!

    haha i like so many other kinds of songs.

    but i realised that a lot of the modern songs i listen to now were very much influenced by oldies that i like, especially the beatles.

Page 1 of 15 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •