Thread: Help needed for C730

Default Help needed for C730

i CANNOT ACCESS TO MULTI-METERING, AF AREAS, PANAROMA (USING OLYMPUS CARD). In all modes even manual, all these cannot be selected.
    is there a fault with my cam? pls help thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wetdesert
    i CANNOT ACCESS TO MULTI-METERING, AF AREAS, PANAROMA (USING OLYMPUS CARD). In all modes even manual, all these cannot be selected.
    is there a fault with my cam? pls help thanks!
    hey u faced the same prob with me that time, can't get out the mult-metering. Let me go check...i can't remember how I did it. I go play around with my cam now. Panaroma I dunno, becoz I have software to do it, so didn't use it.
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet
    hey u faced the same prob with me that time, can't get out the mult-metering. Let me go check...i can't remember how I did it. I go play around with my cam now. Panaroma I dunno, becoz I have software to do it, so didn't use it.
    Panaroma can be done in MY mode, AF AREA thing can be changed in MY and ASM. But multi metering i really forgot liao...haha
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet
    Panaroma can be done in MY mode, AF AREA thing can be changed in MY and ASM. But multi metering i really forgot liao...haha

i cant select them in all the modes....sigh.
    called olympus and they said they will check and call me back, but they never did.

1) For panaroma: press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> scroll down to panaroma (can be done in all modes if you are using oly xD picture card i think)

2) For AF area: press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> scroll down to AF mode--> change AF mode to SPOT--> scroll down further to AF area (can be done in MY mode and A/S/M)

3) For multi metering: press macro/spot button until it changes to spot (the macro/spot button is just below the hot shoe, press until it changes to a rectangle with a dot inside) then press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> multi metering (in MY mode and A/S/M)

i'm doing the above based on C750..but i think it shld be about the same? try it..if cannot then you guys really have to call up oly service centre for help liao..

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DaoBuLiao
    1) For panaroma: press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> scroll down to panaroma (can be done in all modes if you are using oly xD picture card i think)

2) For AF area: press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> scroll down to AF mode--> change AF mode to SPOT--> scroll down further to AF area (can be done in MY mode and A/S/M)

3) For multi metering: press macro/spot button until it changes to spot (the macro/spot button is just below the hot shoe, press until it changes to a rectangle with a dot inside) then press ok--> mode menu--> camera--> multi metering (in MY mode and A/S/M)

i'm doing the above based on C750..but i think it shld be about the same? try it..if cannot then you guys really have to call up oly service centre for help liao..

good luck!
    Thanks aot... solved my problem. But the selective area autofocus cannot seem to focus lock at all, anybody knows why?