26th September 2003, 09:26 PM
Digital: Conversion to B&W
Im basically a PS idiot...
And i would like to know what is the best way to convert a digital photo to b&w?
26th September 2003, 09:45 PM
In Photoshop 7:
These are the 2 simplest method.
26th September 2003, 09:59 PM
I used to ask this b4 but somehow my thread on this seems to be deleted.
6th October 2003, 11:59 AM
6th October 2003, 12:50 PM
6th October 2003, 12:52 PM
I prefer this method but its a bit more tedious.
1. Create new adjustment layer and choose hue/saturation.
2 Accept settings and set layer to colour.
3. Repeat the 2 steps abv but this time set saturation to -100.
4. Go back to previous "colour" adjustment layer and play with the setting to get the desired, tone, contrast etc.
11th October 2003, 10:26 PM
I've this to offer, taken from The Digital Printing Handbook by Tim Daly.
1) Convert your RGB colour image to LAB mode.
2) Click on Channels palette and drag both A and the B channels into the Layers wastebasket.
3) Convert back to Grayscale before printing out or back to RGB for toning.