Thread: need some help regarding a studio shoot!

Default need some help regarding a studio shoot!

here goes.

i was tasked with shooting for a project. my project would require me to do up a magazine for IT guys and stuff.

however, the magazine is being targeted at PMEBs, white collared workers, etc.

and the main theme of the magazine would be regarding consumer trends about phones, so i was thinking of getting the model to hold the phone.

but i haven't really done shoots as such and would like to seek the advice from those who have been shooting portraiture. all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

PS: i have been an event shooter for years and haven't really done portraiture
    Last edited by iRaphael; 15th January 2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info

Default Re: need some help regarding a studio shoot!

quite simple actually, find out what the phone does and simply adapt the scenario depending on phone function. eg, plug a LG phone out to a Line in speaker system. something like that.

choose whichever pictures.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

white collars? have her bare all wearing just a tie and phones to cover her spots.. hahaha. nah

just the boring have the model holding the phone will do.. surf around for ideas.

Dun need studio. Get yer model to hold the phone, stand in grass patch outside raffles place mrt, shoot at 2 second interval, overlay a few pictures.

Another angle, get that silver coloured guy, (cos he hold really still), shoot at very long shutter speed. Against a backdrop of walking lunch white collar crowd, can stand out. Silver guy change pose every now and then, so pretty good to shoot for a while to get some really quirky pose.

Hope it helps.

ahh. thanks for all the help.

but i'm doing it for a magazine cover.. any suggestions?

Why not check out magazines like Stuff and T3. Their covers almost always are talents with gadgets and such.

yeap, i've been reading stuff and t3 for years, but i really don't know if i shoot the same way as them, it will target those PMEBs or white collared workers..