Thread: Pls share on how to calibrate the Dell 2408 WFP for best results

Default Pls share on how to calibrate the Dell 2408 WFP for best results

Hi all

My new Dell 2408 WFP just arrived last evening. I decided to go with the Dell + 5 years warranty at $906. Setting up was easily; built is good (in fact, Iím impressed); no pixel defect; no significant backlight leakage or bleeding and illumination across the panel looks even to me.

When it comes to calibration, I realized that Dell doesnít have Presets like 6500K, and may require users to adjust the RGB parameters manually.

Personally, I use Spyder 3 Elite now. Can Spyder 3 users share your experiences on how to best calibrate the Dell 2408 WFP for optimal results?

I may also consider trying out the Color Eyes Display Pro software with my Spyder 3 sensor too, I think they should have a 30 days trial download for those interested.

Kindly share your experiences if youíre willing.

Thank you, humbee

Default Re: Pls share on how to calibrate the Dell 2408 WFP for best results

Quote Originally Posted by humbee View Post
    Personally, I use Spyder 3 Elite now. Can Spyder 3 users share your experiences on how to best calibrate the Dell 2408 WFP for optimal results?
    What exactly do you expect here? I'm using Spyder2 for my monitor and I would say that the best way is to read about the calibration tool (Google e.g. for "Spyder3 problems") and follow the instructions. Leave the monitor at factory defaults.
    Here a link summarizing a lot of information and links: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=296149

i'm using the 2407WPF-HC with sypder3pro.
    for me, I let the calibrator determine the color temp, and use rgb settings as instructed by the software.
    seems to work better than the default auto way of calibration.

Tried calibration with the Spyder 3 Elite last night.

Managed to achieve DeltaE 0.7, luminance 121 cdm.

I chose 'Advance' and used the measured mode for luminance instead of visual. Seems to work very well, much more than I expected.

the spyder3elite is a v. good calibrator. enjoy it! =)