Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

  1. #1

    Default say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    When I read that NTUC Childcare has changed its name to NTUC First Campus, I just couldn't help but felt so sorry for those ppl who decided on this "Campus" name for those pre-school kids.

    By definition, a "Campus" is: a university, college, or school of higher learning.

    Calling a preschool centre as a Campus ... i think this is way too ridiculous I would give NTUC an infraction for this, and they have downgraded the standard of all the other campus of the higher learnings here.

    What do you think? .... or it's just a name?

    say .... your baby graduated from which campus?
    imagine ... everyone change their centres to:

    wonderkids campus
    Patricia campus
    Kidz Zone Campus
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #2
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    When I read that NTUC Childcare has changed its name to NTUC First Campus, I just couldn't help but felt so sorry for those ppl who decided on this "Campus" name for those pre-school kids.

    By definition, a "Campus" is: a university, college, or school of higher learning.

    Calling a preschool centre as a Campus ... i think this is way too ridiculous I would give NTUC an infraction for this, and they have downgraded the standard of all the other campus of the higher learnings here.

    What do you think? .... or it's just a name?

    say .... your baby graduated from which campus?
    imagine ... everyone change their centres to:

    wonderkids campus
    Patricia campus
    Kidz Zone Campus

    aiyah...this is a faux pas as usual. thinking that bychanging to campus then people can see them up mah.

    Parents will then compare:

    parent 1, "eh your kid graduate frm which campus?"
    parent 2, "orh graduate frmo wonderkidz."
    parent 1, "really ah? eh mine also leh. What grade hah?

    And so the story goes on...

  3. #3

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    I did not have the opportunity to attend kindergarten. It should be very fun.

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    I cannot help but felt the pressure of the paper chase... my mum would say "children these days very fortunate.." and i still wondering if it is so!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  5. #5

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    If our NTU, NUS, SMU, SP, NP, NYP etc etc 'P' and 'U's don't mind being in the same wonderful league as Wonder Kids Campus and Kids Zone Campus then ok loh.
    Now these Kindergartens have lots of innovative ways to promote learning ok, can put our 'P's and 'U's to shame!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Basically I think it is aligned with their initiative to upgrade their current childcare teachers. By then all will have at least a diploma instead of current half pass six "seasoned" teachers.
    Gone are those days where kids attend childcare to play plainly. In fact, most reputable schools have solid curriculum in place. Therefore, the new name is to spear head various corporate objectives in the near future. Well, NTUC promised to open another 200 over next few years to support baby boom. Cannot be another 200 play centres by then, the investment has to warrant quality child development.

  7. #7

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Hard Knocks Campus

    If i ever have a kid, I want to send them to a school where they are allowed to play more than sitting in classes trying to learn theories of things they most likely will not be using when they get out of schools.

    what happened to "天生天养"?
    Last edited by Nisa; 15th January 2009 at 10:57 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    So after getting 7 'A1's in O levels or 4 'A's in A levels, the first choice should be 'NTUC Campus', 'Wonder Kids Campus' and 'Kids Zone Campus'. Only if damn jialat cases like having 'E' and 'F' grades, then no choice have to end up in NUS, SMU...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    My son studied in 2 diiferent "academies" and he is in Kindergarten now
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    if you have attend kindergarten concert and graduation ceremony before..

    you won't be so amused if a childcare changed its name to XXXX Campus.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    My son studied in 2 diiferent "academies" and he is in Kindergarten now
    ai ya .... should send your son to our First Campus
    always the Light, .... always.

  12. #12

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you have attend kindergarten concert and graduation ceremony before..

    you won't be so amused if a childcare changed its name to XXXX Campus.
    you mean the school fee and all those "others" charges?
    always the Light, .... always.

  13. #13

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    If i ever have a kid, I want to send them to a school where they are allowed to play more than sitting in classes trying to learn theories of things they most likely will not be using when they get out of schools.

    what happened to "天生天养"?
    a wise man once told me that education was not all about applying what you learnt

    it was meant to train the mind to think logically

    whether that actually happens (be it in singapore, or any other part of the world) would depend on the individual. send two people through a certain curriculum, one might turn out understanding more; the other learns nothing. both can pass exams.

    it's just a name..
    Last edited by night86mare; 15th January 2009 at 12:36 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    When I read that NTUC Childcare has changed its name to NTUC First Campus, I just couldn't help but felt so sorry for those ppl who decided on this "Campus" name for those pre-school kids.

    By definition, a "Campus" is: a university, college, or school of higher learning.

    Calling a preschool centre as a Campus ... i think this is way too ridiculous I would give NTUC an infraction for this, and they have downgraded the standard of all the other campus of the higher learnings here.

    What do you think? .... or it's just a name?

    say .... your baby graduated from which campus?
    imagine ... everyone change their centres to:

    wonderkids campus
    Patricia campus
    Kidz Zone Campus
    remember razor's thread "SEX SELLS"?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ight=sex+sells.

    same same mah, marketing.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #15

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    It is the society that create those paper chase.. they call competition

  16. #16

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    they want to be first in everything. even have first coffin...

    maybe they will start a "First" university for the dead. cant you stop them?

    wonder if the word 1st had been engraved on their stationery and forehead.

    they probably have first toilet bowl, first nasi lemak, first underwear, first car.

    maybe, first to get pay cut & retrenched too.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    "Pampers Campus"
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 15th January 2009 at 03:25 PM.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    you mean the school fee and all those "others" charges?
    No, what I mean is no matter what how hard the schools try to do, the parent like to see, these kids are still kids.

    call it campus as they wishes, it is still all the kiddos inside a kindergarten, nothing will change.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #19

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    they want to be first in everything. even have first coffin...

    maybe they will start a "First" university for the dead. cant you stop them?

    wonder if the word 1st had been engraved on their stationery and forehead.

    they probably have first toilet bowl, first nasi lemak, first underwear, first car.

    maybe, first to get pay cut & retrenched too.
    Looking to a First Bank of Singapore
    always the Light, .... always.

  20. #20

    Default Re: say, your baby graduated from which campus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    When I read that NTUC Childcare has changed its name to NTUC First Campus, I just couldn't help but felt so sorry for those ppl who decided on this "Campus" name for those pre-school kids.

    By definition, a "Campus" is: a university, college, or school of higher learning.

    Calling a preschool centre as a Campus ... i think this is way too ridiculous I would give NTUC an infraction for this, and they have downgraded the standard of all the other campus of the higher learnings here.

    What do you think? .... or it's just a name?

    say .... your baby graduated from which campus?
    imagine ... everyone change their centres to:

    wonderkids campus
    Patricia campus
    Kidz Zone Campus
    Hmmm.. I wore a mortar board when I graduated from my kindergarten.. Only difference is it's not a Chancellor who gave me the piece of paper rolled up into a scroll like roll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •