Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 106

Thread: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

  1. #21

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Ummmm...Wat exactly are you guy planning to shoot in JP area??? I am also staying nearby, Canon user...

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Smile Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by jackienum View Post
    Hi guys and gays....

    i'm staying jus opp JP too.....
    at 600++...
    can PM me too if there's any shoot that u guys are planning....
    Thanks for yr response, I will accumulate and sent PM after CNY the 15th.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Smile Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    hahaha no big bro la i also newbie le.... yeah PM me if you guys wanna meet up at JP area to do some shooting can learn from each other.
    Thanks for yr response, I will accumulate and sent PM after CNY the 15th.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Smile Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by jackienum View Post
    Hi guys and gays....

    i'm staying jus opp JP too.....
    at 600++...
    can PM me too if there's any shoot that u guys are planning....
    Sure ! thanks for your response, I try to arrange some shooting after the CNY (After Chinese 15th) when new year mood gone.

    Cheers!!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Smile Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by teebs View Post
    Ummmm...Wat exactly are you guy planning to shoot in JP area??? I am also staying nearby, Canon user...
    Hi, Wat

    No... JP have nothing except pretty girls but my wife disallow leh! Sooo....

    I have plans for the nature at varies places but will decide later (I will propose 1 or 2 for a start) but my proposal need those that join to agreed.


    Will you able to join us? (Hopefully YES) so can learn from you also lah.

    regards,

  6. #26

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Hi, Wat

    No... JP have nothing except pretty girls but my wife disallow leh! Sooo....

    I have plans for the nature at varies places but will decide later (I will propose 1 or 2 for a start) but my proposal need those that join to agreed.


    Will you able to join us? (Hopefully YES) so can learn from you also lah.

    regards,
    Let me know again...

    If time allows, sure no problem...

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Smile Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by jackienum View Post
    Hi guys and gays....

    i'm staying jus opp JP too.....
    at 600++...
    can PM me too if there's any shoot that u guys are planning....
    Thanks for yr response, I will accumulate and sent PM after CNY the 15th.

    We have 8 pax now including your goodself.

    Regards,

  8. #28

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Alright !!! No 'gays'

    Thanks haa.....

    Heeeeeheee
    Hey that is a discrimation!

    You should be open to Butch, Lesbian and Ah Gua as well

  9. #29

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    Hey that is a discrimation!

    You should be open to Butch, Lesbian and Ah Gua as well
    Erm......
    i think we can concentrate on other things rite.....
    maybe our first shoot can got shoot gers....

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Hi stanycjw,

    Kindly include me as well. Thanks
    My Flickr Canon 40D 18-55/50mm F1.8/100mm Macro F2.8 USM

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Hi fellas,

    I don't stay near JP, but my fiancee does.. 600+.. And I am working at Joo Koon, so I hang ard there most of the time.. I might be able to join you guys for shoots and info-sharing as I'm a newbie too.. So count me in!

  12. #32

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Wah, seems like this thread has generated alot of interests and response, I'm wondering whether it's because of the 'Guys and Gays' statement? Haha. And all the talk about wife and gf and fiancee, hmm....very convincing guys *winks*

  13. #33

    Talking Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Wah, seems like this thread has generated alot of interests and response, I'm wondering whether it's because of the 'Guys and Gays' statement? Haha. And all the talk about wife and gf and fiancee, hmm....very convincing guys *winks*
    hmm......
    well, i searched based on "Jurong"...
    hahahahaha......

  14. #34

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Newbie here too.. can I join?
    Jurong Point got a park right? I mean nearby...
    If not, Chinese Garden..
    If dun mind to travel a bit further, can go Pandan Reservoir, then go West Coast
    I only owns a Nikon D40, 50mm and 55-200mm lens...
    Need tripod?

  15. #35

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by warvial View Post
    Newbie here too.. can I join?
    Jurong Point got a park right? I mean nearby...
    If not, Chinese Garden..
    If dun mind to travel a bit further, can go Pandan Reservoir, then go West Coast
    I only owns a Nikon D40, 50mm and 55-200mm lens...
    Need tripod?
    I am a newbie...worse than you ..no gear, no tripod. Poor man after buying a D90...lol.
    Not sure can confirm the attendance with you guys as after CNY I got a week reservist.
    Last edited by xjohns; 20th January 2009 at 11:00 AM.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Cool Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Thanks for yr response, I will accumulate and sent PM after CNY the 15th.
    Dear All,
    After receiving 6 response to my 'ANY JP'. For a start, would like to suggest the two location listed below or if you have other suggestion...Please raise up with thankyou.

    Accu. Names

    1. stanycjw
    2. stlang
    3. navlem
    4. jt-Fied
    5. kenkht
    6. ngaiky8
    7. Jackienum

    Places:
    a) HORT Park
    This 23-hectare plot of land off Alexandra Road is the garden Walk with numerous mini-gardens and plants, flowers and nursery rooms.
    You will have a good chance of photographing flowers/Miniflower, dragon flies, some others insects too (again insects are not there to pose for us) but all flowers yes.


    b) Admiralty Park
    A 20 hectare nature area with a rich variety of plants and a 2-km nature trail walk to enjoy its rustic surroundings. You will be able to find INSECTS like spiders,Butterflies (all varies types, flies etc..) but becos they are moving insects so I have no gurantee that we will meet them. Very much depends on our luck.

    Last to mention is weekday or weekend (Sat), I personally find that on Sat the human traffic is too heavy and scare away tiny insects and for flowers shooting will be too many peoples moving beside/behind you.
    What about one of the 'Monday'?

    Any objection, please raise your hand/voice rather.

    Thanks and regards
    happy CNY.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

  17. #37

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Dear All,
    After receiving 6 response to my 'ANY JP'. For a start, would like to suggest the two location listed below or if you have other suggestion...Please raise up with thankyou.

    Accu. Names

    1. stanycjw
    2. stlang
    3. navlem
    4. jt-Fied
    5. kenkht
    6. ngaiky8
    7. Jackienum

    Places:
    a) HORT Park
    This 23-hectare plot of land off Alexandra Road is the garden Walk with numerous mini-gardens and plants, flowers and nursery rooms.
    You will have a good chance of photographing flowers/Miniflower, dragon flies, some others insects too (again insects are not there to pose for us) but all flowers yes.


    b) Admiralty Park
    A 20 hectare nature area with a rich variety of plants and a 2-km nature trail walk to enjoy its rustic surroundings. You will be able to find INSECTS like spiders,Butterflies (all varies types, flies etc..) but becos they are moving insects so I have no gurantee that we will meet them. Very much depends on our luck.

    Last to mention is weekday or weekend (Sat), I personally find that on Sat the human traffic is too heavy and scare away tiny insects and for flowers shooting will be too many peoples moving beside/behind you.
    What about one of the 'Monday'?

    Any objection, please raise your hand/voice rather.

    Thanks and regards
    happy CNY.
    Hmmm...I'm not included in the list???

    I've gone to Hort part to shoot previously but it gets pretty hot in the afternoons. The place is very deserted during weekdays so it's good to for a shoot there on weekdays.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Dear All,
    After receiving 6 response to my 'ANY JP'. For a start, would like to suggest the two location listed below or if you have other suggestion...Please raise up with thankyou.

    Accu. Names

    1. stanycjw
    2. stlang
    3. navlem
    4. jt-Fied
    5. kenkht
    6. ngaiky8
    7. Jackienum

    Places:
    a) HORT Park
    This 23-hectare plot of land off Alexandra Road is the garden Walk with numerous mini-gardens and plants, flowers and nursery rooms.
    You will have a good chance of photographing flowers/Miniflower, dragon flies, some others insects too (again insects are not there to pose for us) but all flowers yes.


    b) Admiralty Park
    A 20 hectare nature area with a rich variety of plants and a 2-km nature trail walk to enjoy its rustic surroundings. You will be able to find INSECTS like spiders,Butterflies (all varies types, flies etc..) but becos they are moving insects so I have no gurantee that we will meet them. Very much depends on our luck.

    Last to mention is weekday or weekend (Sat), I personally find that on Sat the human traffic is too heavy and scare away tiny insects and for flowers shooting will be too many peoples moving beside/behind you.
    What about one of the 'Monday'?

    Any objection, please raise your hand/voice rather.

    Thanks and regards
    happy CNY.
    I have went to Hort park b4.... There's a wide range of plants there... and design....
    but the crowd volume during weekend is quite high...

    as for admiralty park, i'm not sure... can try...
    weekdays, i dun think much of us can make it.....
    unless u can skip work....

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by warvial View Post
    Newbie here too.. can I join?
    Jurong Point got a park right? I mean nearby...
    If not, Chinese Garden..
    If dun mind to travel a bit further, can go Pandan Reservoir, then go West Coast
    I only owns a Nikon D40, 50mm and 55-200mm lens...
    Need tripod?
    Will include you.
    Chinese Garden...not much near Lakeside MRT has Birds
    West Coast Park ... just been there...can't capture much accept a flower.
    Pandan Reservoir - I have not been there b4, you have you seen?

    A tripod is necessary if for MACRO (I mean insect), must bring along.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Wink Re: Newbie - Near Jurong Point ANY???

    Quote Originally Posted by teebs View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not included in the list???

    I've gone to Hort part to shoot previously but it gets pretty hot in the afternoons. The place is very deserted during weekdays so it's good to for a shoot there on weekdays.
    Hi, teebs

    Sorry that I have overlooked. Incl (shall update the list)
    Agreed, HOT part is a nice place as I mentioned and on weekday is the best.

    Regards,
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •