Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Couldn't see much info except a line that says, "I believe Citibank will have it replaced soon." So I juz took the plunge and I wasn't expecting anything out of the usual 'copy & paste answers'.

    The info and confirmation on whether our SMRT-Citibank EZ-Link Cards will be replaced is here:

    Thank you for your email.

    We wish to inform you that the current Citi SMRT Platinum Visa cards
    under the existing (non-CEPAS) scheme can still be used until 30
    September 2009.

    All existing processes in place pertaining to the ez-link function on
    the Citi SMRT Platinum Visa such as the Auto Top-up facility applied
    will remain unchanged and in use until 30 September 2009 or until the
    card is replaced by Citibank with the new CEPAS compliant card.

    Card replacement to CEPAS compliant cards will be done in batches.
    Citibank is working with the relevant parrties on a replacement schedule
    and cardmembers can expect replacement cards starting from second
    quarter of 2009 onwards.
    The keypoints are highlighted as in the email reply I'd gotten.

  2. #2

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    thanks for the info

  3. #3

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    oh crap, which means after replacement, max top up amt will be $30?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    oh crap, which means after replacement, max top up amt will be $30?
    Did it say anywhere that the max top-up amount was $30? No?

    The mail just said that replacement CEPAS compliant cards will be mailed out in batches that's all. Where u get ur assumption and info from?

    The Wonders of The Human Mind....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    For my understanding, the Citibank SMRT card auto top up $30 once the amount reach below certain amount.
    Since i got the card never have to worry about no fund inside. Just make sure got money in your bank to sustain it..

  6. #6

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    How much is the admin charge per top up? $30 for me is about 1 week transportation cost.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #7

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    How much is the admin charge per top up? $30 for me is about 1 week transportation cost.
    $0.25 per topup...mine is under $50 per top up..

  8. #8
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    How much is the admin charge per top up? $30 for me is about 1 week transportation cost.
    The admin charge is 25 cents per transaction. But you get back 1.7% to 2% rebate for each transaction.

  9. #9

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The admin charge is 25 cents per transaction. But you get back 1.7% to 2% rebate for each transaction.
    this is something I dun understand... 2% of what?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    this is something I dun understand... 2% of what?
    2% of your top up value.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    For my understanding, the Citibank SMRT card auto top up $30 once the amount reach below certain amount.
    Since i got the card never have to worry about no fund inside. Just make sure got money in your bank to sustain it..
    I believe the amount is selectable.

    $30 is just one of the many amounts that's available for auto top-up.
    But since the transaction fee of $0.25 is applicable regardless of what amount u're doing the top-up, it would just be in good sense to top-up the maximum amount of $50.

    One doesn't have to worry about bank balance as the auto top-up will be regarded as 1 VISA transaction. So all u have to worry is about maintaining your Credit Limit (if one enjoys breaking credit limits every month).
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  12. #12

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Did it say anywhere that the max top-up amount was $30? No?

    The mail just said that replacement CEPAS compliant cards will be mailed out in batches that's all. Where u get ur assumption and info from?

    The Wonders of The Human Mind....
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I believe the amount is selectable.

    $30 is just one of the many amounts that's available for auto top-up.
    But since the transaction fee of $0.25 is applicable regardless of what amount u're doing the top-up, it would just be in good sense to top-up the maximum amount of $50.

    One doesn't have to worry about bank balance as the auto top-up will be regarded as 1 VISA transaction. So all u have to worry is about maintaining your Credit Limit (if one enjoys breaking credit limits every month).
    The Max top up value used to be $50, but was revised down to $30 for all new cards issued after a certain date. U would thus have to auto-top-up more often thus incurring the surcharge on a more frequent basis.

    jsbn, don't hv to drop snide comments like "The Wonders of The Human Mind...." if you dont know the facts. thanks

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    changing a mere card why is it a good news, isnt it still just a card with same old functions? For a while i see the thread title i thought citibank giving me money......
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  14. #14

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    For my understanding, the Citibank SMRT card auto top up $30 once the amount reach below certain amount.
    Since i got the card never have to worry about no fund inside. Just make sure got money in your bank to sustain it..
    There is nothing special about the auto top up. You can also link your Translink card to POSB bank account for auot top up.
    I've this Citibank SMRT card, which I don't find it worth using.
    Maybe someone can enlighten me, the uniqueness of this card?

    Disclaimer: When I applied Citibank credit card, a few visa cards came with it and this SMRT card is one of them.

  15. #15

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    changing a mere card why is it a good news, isnt it still just a card with same old functions? For a while i see the thread title i thought citibank giving me money......
    Me too, thought Citibank is giving out $$

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West, SG.
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: A Good News for SMRT-Citibank Cardholders

    so it means that we dun have to do anything right? citibank will just send us the replacement card?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •