Thread: How much return on investment on photographic equipments? (Non-pro/non-full-time)

Default How much return on investment on photographic equipments? (Non-pro/non-full-time)

There's thread polling spending on equipments. Wonder how much do people make with their exotic equipments? It maybe shooting for friends' wedding, assignments, stock photos, etc. Pls share~

I make RM50 from my now-RIP, 2nd-hand CP5700. Bought it at S$850, so return was 2.5%.
    I own Nikon D90. My primary camera comes with Whatsapp.

Default Re: How much return on investment on photographic equipments? (Non-pro/non-full-time)

i gain the most satisfaction from capturing scenes that i want to remember

that, is priceless.

Default Re: How much return on investment on photographic equipments? (Non-pro/non-full-time)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

that, is priceless.
    well said.

I made a few grands with my gear so far on ad-hoc freelance basis. But I take it just as extra beer money

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

that, is priceless.
    Lemme guess, you prefer Mastercard over a VISA?

hee hee.....

Back to the TS's question, ROI is -ve because I treat photography as a hobby. I feel that you get the most fun out of an activity when you can relax and enjoy yourself.

I take pictures for the sheer pleasure of capturing my travel experiences. There are times when I look back at my pictures of places such as Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Potola Palace in Tibet, Varanasi City in India, ....etc and remember the exotic people and culture I experienced.
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    Lemme guess, you prefer Mastercard over a VISA?
    Should be Amex slogan "Don't Leave Home Without It"

ya lar. zero $$ made. All for memories.

Actually I am a very technical analytical person so it is nice to try something more arty and yet satisfy the techie in me.

Non.....

I didn't took up photography to 'Make Returns'......

Scuba & Father... For Life