Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you know what OBAMA stands for ?

Default Re: Do you know what OBAMA stands for ?

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    As far as i know, there has been no original birth cert produced. Some kind of report was produced by hawaii saying he was born there , thats it. Many people have asked his campaign to just show the original birth cert, but up till know he has refused. Whats there to hide? If you can show me where it says original birth cert was produced , please let me know, otherwise don't make it up.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...icate-part-ii/
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp
    http://www.spockosbrain.com/2008/10/...born-in-hawaii
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...h_certificate/
    http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate

Just one of many which I dug up today. As arm chair politics goes...you can believe what you want to believe but you don't live there. Like me what I say or what you say..it counts for very little. Let's just leave it at that.

BTW..I am not a Obama fan boy...I just happen to have followed the election for a long time as matter of interest.
    Last edited by sammy888; 14th January 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Anyone who has followed the campaign from as far back 1-2 yrs ago will know this campaign had the most amount of nonsense thrown from BOTH sides. And in between them were alot of theories and conspiracy hack-job trying to tear both side down. The birth cert was just one of so many things that went on. That was why I brought up the religion question. Till today, there's still a fair lot who still think he is a secret muslim all becos some one had a photo of him wear some religious garb for some ritual he attended and it ended up being a big story sayign he was a muslim and is loyal to some terrorist local and in the middle east blah blah... tons of stories. That was why I was so glued to it. It is just rediculous. If something like this is true....before McCain's camp could destroy and reveal that... Hillary Clinton would have done so too...along with the other candidates in the earlier part of the campaign. When each side was fighting to represent the party. It would take a lot of people to pull this off....can it be done, sure there is that chance but...really..in these day and age of the internet? I doubt it be that easy to pull off something that is occuring on the international stage under the scrutiny of not just those of power in the US but the rest of the known world. Politics is dirty. When the election was finally over last year..I has to take a long politcal shower to wash off the one year of dirt that was smeared on me watching the news day in and day out heheheheh.....
    Last edited by sammy888; 14th January 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Anyone who has followed the campaign from as far back 1-2 yrs ago will know this campaign had the most amount of nonsense thrown from BOTH sides. And in between them were alot of theories and conspiracy hack-job trying to tear both side down. The birth cert was just one of so many things that went on. That was why I brought up the religion question. Till today, there's still a fair lot who still think he is a secret muslim all becos some one had a photo of him wear some religious garb for some ritual he attended and it ended up being a big story sayign he was a muslim and is loyal to some terrorist local and in the middle east blah blah... tons of stories. That was why I was so glued to it. It is just rediculous. If something like this is true....before McCain's camp could destroy and reveal that... Hillary Clinton would have done so too...along with the other candidates in the earlier part of the campaign. When each side was fighting to represent the party. It would take a lot of people to pull this off....can it be done, sure there is that chance but...really..in these day and age of the internet? I doubt it be that easy to pull off something that is occuring on the international stage under the scrutiny of not just those of power in the US but the rest of the known world. Politics is dirty. When the election was finally over last year..I has to take a long politcal shower to wash off the one year of dirt that was smeared on me watching the news day in and day out heheheheh.....

Thats a certification of birth , not the original birth certificate look at the date( dated 2007). The fact remains that he has not produced the original birth certificate.

at the end of the day... does it matter at all?

To me.. the best man for the job... given the world is our anyone's oyster nowadays, mabbe we too should adopt FT into our system?

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Thats a certification of birth , not the original birth certificate look at the date( dated 2007). The fact remains that he has not produced the original birth certificate.
    Does it really matter of the original is produced? So what? Immediate re-election or McCain automatically get the hot seat?

Will it help America is McCain get's the seat by default? You think it will be stable?

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    at the end of the day... does it matter at all?

To me.. the best man for the job... given the world is our anyone's oyster nowadays, mabbe we too should adopt FT into our system?
    This one is not the same, it is about whoever steps up and ask you to vote for them. They could be doing it for you or for themselves or some parties with hidden agendas... who is to say BUT...like it or not, you still have to choose one of them. ( best of the angles or devils heheh) So how can that be the best man or woman for the job? heh OR do you think we could vote not to choose if none of them are good enough?

Sometime... the best person for the job is not up there on the podium....but some one behind you or beside you ..ie....who is relutant to step up and do the right thing. SO all you can do is to pick the best of two that's up for election.

Well if you want to let a FT take the rein for a country like ours or another well..that is not impossible but how many people in the nation will agree to that?

Politics...... lets stay out of it.........

This is the dirtiest job in the world.... and its not for us to fanthom.....cheerios! Be happy and lets snap away!! Wahahahha.........
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Sometime... the best person for the job is not up there on the podium....but some one behind you or beside you ..ie....who is relutant to step up and do the right thing. SO all you can do is to pick the best of two that's up for election.
    but isn't that democracy? where a person is elected among his or her peers to represent the ideas and hopes of his/her peers? didn't the ancient Greeks do that when they "invented" modern day democracy, and choosing leaders from certain villages to present their ideas and problems at the forum?

or have I mixed things up again for the umpteenth time again today?
    chicken fight!

This one is not the same, it is about whoever steps up and ask you to vote for them. They could be doing it for you or for themselves or some parties with hidden agendas... who is to say BUT...like it or not, you still have to choose one of them. ( best of the angles or devils heheh) So how can that be the best man or woman for the job? heh OR do you think we could vote not to choose if none of them are good enough?

Well if you want to let a FT take the rein for a country like ours or another well..that is not impossible but how many people in the nation will agree to that?
    Firstly, you don't just choose the person, you choose his team (or the expected team he would form should he wins). But ya, you still need to pick the Indian chief.

Secondly, that is also what I mean by "does it matter?" cuz whomever is on the hot seat are still subjected to the various lobbying groups. And there is no way anyone can change a country in a generation, much less a term.

You can now see that is gonna be more or less the same for America....

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    but isn't that democracy? where a person is elected among his or her peers to represent the ideas and hopes of his/her peers? didn't the ancient Greeks do that when they "invented" modern day democracy, and choosing leaders from certain villages to present their ideas and problems at the forum?

or have I mixed things up again for the umpteenth time again today?
    heheheh....the world we see in our mind's eye and what we see with our physical eyes will never be the same thing. High ideals are easy to envision and even etch in stone but hard to carry out and carried for long consistently. As the saying goes "Power corrupts". But I do like the idea that a President can only stand for up to two terms only. And then the whole process starts again giving you the chance to say 'No, I want to pick the other side now' and also there is that less popular but available 3rd option which is the "independent" Where you represent not the republicans nor the democrats. Perfect system? No I don't think so but it just 'seem' more "fair" in some sense heheh..
    Last edited by sammy888; 14th January 2009 at 06:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12