Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Holiday Trip overseas for 7 days 7 nights

fcpga
    Guests

Originally posted by ckiang

Another call had the caller very enthusiastically saying that I've won some holiday (hey, how come always holiday for 2 one? and not a DSLR or something? )

if its a DSLR, most likely its a geninue draw. ha!!!

unless they ask you to invest in Canon/Olympus/Fujifilm etc..

Default Re: Free Holiday Trip overseas for 7 days 7 nights

Is this by some group called Leisure Group Marketing? They claim they were promoting some place call Calpyso Plaza in OZ. Luckily i din have 75 min seminar cos i forgot my wallet - no credit card. Did wasted my time so that i cant make it to Sunny bookshop on time

Originally posted by fcpga
    won a 7 nights accomodation in a luxurious vacation in some of the world's most sought after vacation destinations from Star Vocations and there are a few destinations to choose from :-

1) Bali, Indonesia (choice of 3,4 or 7 nights)
    2) Canary Islands, African Coast (7 nights)
    3) Australia (7 nights)
    4) China (3 or 4 nights)
    5) France (7 nights)
    6) Fiji Island (7 nights)
    7) Spain (7 nights)
    8) Thailand (3, 4 or 7 nights)
    9) Portugal (7 nights)
    10) Malaysia (3 days 2 nights)
    11) Philippines (3, 4 or 7 nights)
    12) Goa, India (7 nights)

Terms & conditions :

1) 28 days prior booking notice is required to book
    your vacation.
    2) Can choose 3 preferred dates of travel and 2
    choices of destination, with at least a week apart
    for each choice, avoiding dates near public
    holidays.
    3) Required to pay a booking and admin fee of
    USD48 to Thailand
    4) Can accomodation max of 6 person (2 adults and 4
    children)
    5) The accomodation provided will be an apartment or
    bungalow in one of the resorts participating in
    this promotion.
    6) More details is available from the following
    website www.starvacs.com

I encountered the incident last night 6th Apr 2002 and which they claimed it is the 1st prize and they acted like they were so excited and I am real lucky to get it...of course this comes with a catch..Their main purpose is to bring U to their office where lots of other sales person hard-sell u into buying a vacation resort membership which at the end of the day, cost a few thousand. i have to attend a 75mins seminar and then i can collect the prize....in the end wasted more than 75 mins of my time and at the end of the hard-selling talk...we showed our frustration and insisted we want to leave as we've got appt...the saleperson initial enthusiasm turned into 'black face' but we din care....i feel that their holiday ownership scheme is really inflexible and that's why i dun buy...just want to forewarn everyone who is walking around orchard and stopped by surveyers...take note

You might want to buy it if you are really keen, but its just a personal point of view.

I also got this survey cum draw thing and also got this 'offer'. Luckily it was near evening and i didn't have to attend the 75min talk thing. They just pass me the voucher for the 7day free accomodation thingy. I wonder how genuine this offer is. anyone have tried it so far?

Anything to do with time sharing is a waste of time. If you have $10,000 to 'invest' in a condo or hotel somewhere and they allow you to stay 2 weeks in a year for free, my advise is forget it. They normally offer you places far away that you won't visit even once in 5 years. Sure there are some in Malaysia but when you try to book they will say it is fully booked already. I was approached twice, got called 3 times saying that I've won first price. I just ask them if this is time sharing and they will say yes and I will say f*** off. Because I have been to these so called presentation. Their sales staff has been groomed to do hard sell tactics. They want you to come with your partner. They will study which one of you is the weaker one. They did not let me leave saying that I have to finish the presentation. I was told to 'invest' $25,000 for 2 weeks free stay at the resort of my choice. Of course I have to buy the air ticket myself. For that amount of money I can stay in a hotel with air ticket and shopping thrown in and still have balance.

more than 2 years ago thread kenna dug out.

anyway, been to one of these talks. just want to experience first hand these so called "hard-sell" tactics.
    beside this kind of holidays, oso got $20 CK tang vouchers for the 90 minutes duration.

for me, ok. after 90 minutes, i told them we got to go and they just let us off. most probably they assess that we are poor bloke who would not be able to afford to come up with the money....

Blog Entries

There's a new "scam" which goes along the line that they are offering employment opportunities to housewifes and unemployed.

Someone called my handphone looking for my wife, and I asked them how they associate my wife with my handphone and they say they got the name/number from some government agency. At that point, I keep asking him what agency so that I can approach them and enquire why personal information is being given out.

Give me some excuse about Govt helping to find employment for housewife but didnt want to tell me more details. I ask about his company - don't want to tell. Ask about what kind of job on offer - don't want to say, just say come down at 7pm to seminar to find out.

sheeshhh... these people are just preying on the weak and defenceless.

I was entrappped by one very pretty surveyer. went to the office with my gf but as time went on it became clearer what they were touting. We were fed up but were prevented from leaving. So i called the police claiming that there was a gangland situation. The police came a while and we managed to leave after we explained to the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    There's a new "scam" which goes along the line that they are offering employment opportunities to housewifes and unemployed....
    I always suspect these ppl obtain your private info by "buying" those lucky draw coupons at trade shows or supermarkets.
    (Remeber every time when you enter a trade show nowadays, they will ask you to fill in a lucky draw coupon? And seldom see anyone win anything? What happen to those coupons?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I always suspect these ppl obtain your private info by "buying" those lucky draw coupons at trade shows or supermarkets.
    (Remeber every time when you enter a trade show nowadays, they will ask you to fill in a lucky draw coupon? And seldom see anyone win anything? What happen to those coupons?)
    I suspected so too since thats about the only time my wife puts my handphone number down.

Those supermarket lucky draws are probably the main source - always got competition, and we always put in the draw coupon, but never ever win anything, instead get all sorts of calls from tele-marketers.

Anyway, the following evasive method works for me - say I am too busy to talk now, can please fax details to my office and I call them back. 9/10 times they won't fax, and the 1/10 time fax comes through can ignore.

I just feel sad that young people like students end up with part or full time jobs like this... and have to lie and pretend to us just to earn a few bucks.

How I handle the Orchard Road 'survey-gang':
    ==================================
    1. If I am feeling good, I tell them that I have no credit card.
    90% of the time, they will say thank you and let you off.
    10% of the time when they don't, you just walk off and ignore their pleas and what-nots.

2. If I am not in the best of moods, I tell them to 'F##k off'.
    95% of the time, they will stare and walk off.
    5% of the time when they don't, you better start walking/running quickly to a safe spot!

How I handle 'phone-hustlers':
    ======================
    1. If I am feeling good, I tell them to send the product/prize to my house since they claim they have my particulars.
    80% of the time, they will push for you to go down for seminars.
    20% of the time, they will say 'ok then' but prize never comes.

2. If I am not in the best of moods, I just hang up the phone.
    100% of the time, it works!
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

How I handle the Orchard Road 'survey-gang':
    ==================================
    1. If I am feeling good, I tell them my address is No.1 Orchard Road, my salary is S$1mil per month, my phone number is 7-777-777.

2. If I am not in the best of moods, I tell them I am poor, and want to borrow $10 from him/her.

how to handle them? show them double barrel middle finger salute a la Stone Cold Steve Austin

experienced this a couple of times. first time was a guy, 2nd was a gal. anyway when the guy told me i won the first prize i told him that's nice and here give u the first prize

on the 2nd occasion, the gal not bad looking and since it was drizzling we stood under the shelter and let her give me her pitch on why i should collect my prize. after about 30mins told her give u the prize. bye

Angry

About a month ago, this person called me while I was busy with the pool game.. (idiot sia!!)

him:"Hi! You have won a holiday package to (forget where liao, but it was very attrative)"

me: "uh huh?! Where are you from?"

him: "I'm from the (forgot also liao). May I have ur name pls?"

me: "Nicholas Lee" <-- "WTH! You called me and you don't know my name" >.<"

him: "may I have ur age pls"

me: "17"

him: "thanks, good bye"

I received a call from somebody too abt amonth ago....

him:"Hi! Mr xxx You have won a holiday package to ....."

me: "ya.."

him: "I'm from the xxx. u can come down to collect your price in our office from time/date xxx to xxx "

me: "keep the price for yourself... bye"

*hang off the phone

This is all time share scam dun fall in to it

http://www.geocities.com/hcspore03/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by offstone
    I was entrappped by one very pretty surveyer. went to the office with my gf but as time went on it became clearer what they were touting. We were fed up but were prevented from leaving. So i called the police claiming that there was a gangland situation. The police came a while and we managed to leave after we explained to the officers.

Wow, thats bad man prevented from leaving.

There's another one near UOB center. and the 'surveyors' are hanging around Hereen, Emerald Orchard area..

I had a "wonderful" exprience about timeshare.. me got four free rolls of films but have to endure an hour of presentation by a babe wearing mini skirt and she dropped her pen on the floor for me to pick up.. ...ooops..

another 1 @ Takashimaya Tower B 16th floor...
    kenda telephone bombing for 1mth +++ until cannot stand... go down and tell them off (my husband do the talking ) .. and they give us the free holiday stay w/o listen to that 75 min...

3mth ago, my husband also got the same thing, that Mr. insist to visit to our home after he told him that he got no time to go down...
    stay @ our place til 11pm++.. still don't intend to left w/o a deal done....

my husband tell him off, go back, we will contact u tomorrow.....
    He call again on the next day and my husband SMS him, say we don't want...

guess what is his reply... can't remember the full statement but sth like that...'don't buy now, u will be regret'

Quote Originally Posted by xdivider
    Is this by some group called Leisure Group Marketing? They claim they were promoting some place call Calpyso Plaza in OZ. Luckily i din have 75 min seminar cos i forgot my wallet - no credit card. Did wasted my time so that i cant make it to Sunny bookshop on time
    I did waste 75 min and got this.
    Went to that Calpyso Plaza. They claim it is free 8D7N stay.
    But when u try to book or after booking (can't remember which), they say, the stay is FOC but not the maintence fee. U need to pay the maintence fee which work out to be 200+ S$ or Aus$ (can't remember which currency)...

And they so call maintence fee is only room cleaning every wednesday...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast