Thread: received any calls from TRUE YOGA ?

Default received any calls from TRUE YOGA ?

I am pissed... they have been 'spamming' my mobile since morning my mobile had rung like every 15 mins while I was bz working.

any1 received such calls to turn up at LEVEL 27, OCEAN TOWER, 20 Raffles Place or PACIFIC PLAZA , ORCHARD...for 2 weeks 'free' pass ? I am definitely not into such crap.

Default Re: received any calls from TRUE YOGA ?

I receive average one on a daily basis from them...now i shun all unlisted numbers...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

kaoz....now that i ve some time to do some 'research'

they were oredi 'STOMPed'

http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/...ead.php?t=3179

I am still pissed ..... irritating I say

I was told that in the States you can register, free of charge, to ensure that you don't get unsolicited calls. I was told it's quite effective and they really don't get much cold calls.

Should have something like that in Singapore.

vince123123
    Guests

Singapore's system is pro business and anti consumer. Hence I think we will need to wait long long

Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    I was told that in the States you can register, free of charge, to ensure that you don't get unsolicited calls. I was told it's quite effective and they really don't get much cold calls.

Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post

not just the states. several countries have it as well.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/ Australian government initiative, by the way.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    kaoz....now that i ve some time to do some 'research'

they were oredi 'STOMPed'

http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/...ead.php?t=3179

I am still pissed ..... irritating I say
    In your free time, do prank call back to them every 15 minutes also

just let it ring 2 times hang up.... ring 2 times hang up.... do that 5 minutes after they start business... do that during the entire lunch time... do that 5 minutes before they close

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    In your free time, do prank call back to them every 15 minutes also

just let it ring 2 times hang up.... ring 2 times hang up.... do that 5 minutes after they start business... do that during the entire lunch time... do that 5 minutes before they close
    How about you play them a tape that says "OM" for 30 mins like our YAM SENG in Chinese weddings? hee hee

They will kow tow to you!

But seriously speaking, how did they get hold of your mobile number in the first place?

Did you go for free makan at the Hare Krishna temples???
    | Nikon D700; AF-S 14-24 f/2.8GED; AF 20 f/2.8D; AF 50 f/1.4D; SB400| Tamron AF 28-75 f/2.8 A09NII|

Dont write personal HP nos for any form fillings. Use company telephone nos.
    That way no one can spam your personal HP.

In Dec 08 I applied for a credit card with a big bank. Within the same week the bank started calling on "finance products".

mine was worse. friend sabohed me. kept calling and calling me asking me to go down for a free two week trial. i didnt want but they kept insisting.
    idiots.

i finally told them i'm totally not interested, no time. then they called back and asked if i had any other friends to saboh..

why doesn't anybody do what I did to my previous ISP in Melbourne?

ISP "hi there sir. I would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer of *ISP Name* and as a reward, I would like to upgrade your usage plan to the newer and faster ADSL2+ plan"

me "oh hi there ma'am. I am not interested in upgrading, but I was wondering if you are satisfied with your long distance carrier at the moment?"

ISP "I don't know what you are talking about sir. Anyway, I was wondering if you...."

me "oh, I'm selling a product for long distance phone carriers and was wondering if you'd be interested in our product. we offer cheap rates to countries such as *insert country whom you think the person is calling from*, and not to mention the number is a toll free number so you do not get charged by Telstra as you are making a call to your loved...."

ISP "oh sorry sir. thank you very much for being our customer." *promptly hangs the phone up*

needless to say I never got a call from them ever again. this was before the government initiative to ban such cold calling if you registered yourself on some list.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    mine was worse. friend sabohed me. kept calling and calling me asking me to go down for a free two week trial. i didnt want but they kept insisting.
    idiots.

i finally told them i'm totally not interested, no time. then they called back and asked if i had any other friends to saboh..

kaoz....it just happened today .... i have already blocked the earlier numbers... TRUE YOGA used another number today ! claiming that 'my fren' recommended which i immediately gave them several pieces of my mind that i ve reiterated that I am so pissed with their harassment.

If they ever call me again, I should start @#$%@#%#$%#$%^%$^ .........

but was it a 'friend' that you know?

cos mine was really a friend that i knew.

You might want to do the following.

1. ask for the caller's name
    2. politely ask the caller to remove your name from their calling list.
    3. politely inform that if you get another call from the said company, you will take said caller to task, legally.

(it's well within your legal right to have your name removed from promotion calling list)

I once received about 30 calls from A** bank during their aggressive push for the credit card market. Initial request to have my name removed didn't work. Eventually i did as I mentioned. Zero call from then on.

As i see it, most of them don't bother removing your name as requested. they just move on to the next client on list. It's sad that threats has be made, but it's them doing the intruding. so all's fair.

vince123123
    Guests

Actually, the problem is that as of this point in time, I believe that there is no legislation which states that telemarketing or failure to remove you from a calling list, is illegal. This was one of the points debated when the Spam Protection Bill was discussed in Singapore, but unfortunately, the legislators chose to have it as a gap in legislation; intentionally or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kaomoo View Post
    You might want to do the following.

1. ask for the caller's name
    2. politely ask the caller to remove your name from their calling list.
    3. politely inform that if you get another call from the said company, you will take said caller to task, legally.

(it's well within your legal right to have your name removed from promotion calling list)

I once received about 30 calls from A** bank during their aggressive push for the credit card market. Initial request to have my name removed didn't work. Eventually i did as I mentioned. Zero call from then on.

As i see it, most of them don't bother removing your name as requested. they just move on to the next client on list. It's sad that threats has be made, but it's them doing the intruding. so all's fair.

no one call me leh. I dun mind listening to a chio bu's sweet voice

i have been waiting for true yoga to invite me for trial all these years. they dont seem to be calling me... waiting waiting