Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

  1. #1

    Default any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    i'm currently using a canon 400d for 1 1/2 years and ithink it's time for me to upgrade to a full frame camera, any recommendations pro's and con's

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Cons are bulkier camera and more expensive lens.

    Pros are you get a big and brighter viewfinder, better bokeh, cleaner images on high ISO.
    My **flickr Album

  3. #3

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Why do you need a full frame camera? Exactly what feature do you need that your current camera cannot offer, or a more advanced APS-C body like a 50D can't?
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why do you need a full frame camera? Exactly what feature do you need that your current camera cannot offer, or a more advanced APS-C body like a 50D can't?
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?

  5. #5

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeemm54 View Post
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?

    famous last words.

  6. #6

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    i'm just planning depends on the budget but i like this setup 5d mark II KIT 24-105MM AND A 17-40MM that's it the next upgrade maybe in 5 years after this good or bad?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Any camera or lens can be good and bad. If its not what you need, it bad. If it what you need and you can use it to the fullest, its good. Good or bad, depends on you.

  8. #8

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeemm54 View Post
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?
    Absolutely not... You're already bitten by the upgrade bug, and you still have not listed a reason why you *need* a full frame camera.
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeemm54 View Post
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?
    Stop dreaming... The only reason why it's your last because you drop dead upon paying for it. If not....

    I'm not your parents nor your wife, so I'm not going to help you save your money. If you yourself feel getting a more superior camera
    makes your fondle heart stop pouncing and also satisfy that love from better quality images at more extreme conditions, then please
    flush your "toilet bowl" and get one.

    If you feel having a hobby should be just as free and cheap as going to playing a table of pool or just cheap subscription, then perhaps
    you should just stay put at where you are.

    More likely than not is you already know you want to get one, you are just asking us to "support" you, give you that reason why you
    need to have one. Frankly speaking, if you need such response, I'm quite sure we all get give you ALL THE REASONS to get one.

    On the other hand, if you don't wanna get one, even if I tell you tomorrow is Armageddon and you should pamper yourself with one,
    you will feel u rather save it from rainy moments just case you managed to escape it !
    Last edited by David Kwok; 12th January 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    You most probably won't drop dead. Just clinically dead for 3 mins upon receiving the CC bill.....

  11. #11

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Stop dreaming... The only reason why it's your last because you drop dead upon paying for it. If not....

    I'm not your parents nor your wife, so I'm not going to help you save your money. If you yourself feel getting a more superior camera
    makes your fondle heart stop pouncing and also satisfy that love from better quality images at more extreme conditions, then please
    flush your "toilet bowl" and get one.

    If you feel having a hobby should be just as free and cheap as going to playing a table of pool or just cheap subscription, then perhaps
    you should just stay put at where you are.

    More likely than not is you already know you want to get one, you are just asking us to "support" you, give you that reason why you
    need to have one. Frankly speaking, if you need such response, I'm quite sure we all get give you ALL THE REASONS to get one.

    On the other hand, if you don't wanna get one, even if I tell you tomorrow is Armageddon and you should pamper yourself with one,
    you will feel u rather save it from rainy moments just case you managed to escape it !
    thanks for the enlightenment...!!!!

  12. #12

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    if you won't be upgrading for the next 2-3 yrs , this camera might very well be your last actually.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    昭南島
    Posts
    2,074

    Thumbs up Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeemm54 View Post
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?
    LOL! You brightened up my day! I actually burst out laughing in the office.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

  14. #14

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    laughter is the best medicine

  15. #15
    Member skylet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeemm54 View Post
    i think this is the last camera that i would buy?
    I am very sure this wont be the last camera that you will buy.....unless you give up photography...

  16. #16

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    because of recession, we need to save up for rainy days

  17. #17
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    famous last words.
    everyone says that

  18. #18

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylet View Post
    I am very sure this wont be the last camera that you will buy.....unless you give up photography...
    isn't the world supposed to end 2012? he has like 3 yrs , let him get his FF.

  19. #19
    Member thenomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    isn't the world supposed to end 2012? he has like 3 yrs , let him get his FF.
    How did u noe that?

  20. #20

    Default Re: any recommendation upgrading to Full Frame Camera?

    Perhaps it's time to let myself get my FF too. 1st or last doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •