Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 150

Thread: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    xie xie

    ok am out of here *escapes thru the side door*
    dun do that when plane high high in the sky...
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  2. #82
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    In reality many just want to live their life and die happy. Perhaps the Matrix is a metaphor of what is happening. We are the foot soldiers and some of us will see a way to rise above our ranks but the 1% will always look to control.



    Whilst you're in yr current job, have you tried to check out if a bank will lend you funds?....I mean the govt is encouraging us to spend....so wonder about DBS or POSB.....
    Hello...they want you to spend what you HAVE not what you can BORROW to spend!!!... heh. I was also looking after my company's financial thingy and I can tell you....pay back abit late the OD or what other loans we have, they will get pretty nervous if just abit late. I suspect banks like OCBC ...local banks has as much "financial issues" but will not let on ..same as foreign banks they have boo boo or are losing money but trying to act brave. I think it is a matter of who flinch first. I have seen alot of changes to the way this bank and others we have account with who starts to make more calls to the office to try to get you out to kopi or to check on how your business is doing.

    You are in the IT industry, you should know right.. Even if a bank gets hack and millions or billions are lost, the last thing they will do is tell you that for fear that people will lost confidence and start redrawing their money.

    The top 1% of all the rich people in every country will always be there even after govts come and go...OR at part of the ruling govt. Historically this has been well documented.
    Last edited by sammy888; 12th January 2009 at 11:09 PM.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Forbes rich list was wrong?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  4. #84
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    Forbes rich list was wrong?
    Of course it is wrong..in a way lah hehe... That is personal worth base on paper ....stocks, shares and property or business owned. Not cash. Cash is not easy to trace compared to the former don't you think? That is why if the stock or share price fall....the richest person listing will start to change drastically and quickly. Today No.1 tomorrow No. 50th.

    If there was a way to count your worth by how much money you have...I can see the top 50 will be a very difference listing heheh.. maybe quite a few drug lords from Columbia will be there and god knows who else heh...
    Last edited by sammy888; 12th January 2009 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Of course it is wrong..in a way lah hehe... That is personal worth base on paper ....stocks, shares and property or business owned. Not cash. Cash is not easy to trace compared to the former don't you think? That is why if the stock or share price fall....the richest person listing will start to change drastically and quickly. Today No.1 tomorrow No. 50th.

    If there was a way to count your worth by how much money you have...I can see the top 50 will be a very difference listing heheh.. maybe quite a few drug lords from Columbia will be there and god knows who else heh...
    Forbes shouls do another for the underworld. next day bloodbath!!

    that a good sign? did somebody call for housekeeping?

    *dingdong*
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  6. #86
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    Forbes shouls do another for the underworld. next day bloodbath!!

    that a good sign? did somebody call for housekeeping?

    *dingdong*
    Does not mean those only keep cash are all from underworld or bad leh. There are those who are really doing proper business but just not want to draw you to that attention that they have as much cash as they do have investments and properties...etc.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Does not mean those only keep cash are all from underworld or bad leh. There are those who are really doing proper business but just not want to draw you to that attention that they have as much cash as they do have investments and properties...etc.
    yah la, but that'll be interesting.

    rich & low profile got but rare. like i tell people for years i no job.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  8. #88
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    yah la, but that'll be interesting.

    rich & low profile got but rare. like i tell people for years i no job.
    wahlau your english becoming as complicated as DM.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    wahlau your english becoming as complicated as DM.
    who is DM?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  10. #90
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    who is DM?
    Wah Piang....you sure or not? DM leh. Legendary head Exposer leh heheh.. You have been writing to him how many times now in Exposed Thread?

  11. #91
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Wah Piang....you sure or not? DM leh. Legendary head Exposer leh heheh.. You have been writing to him how many times now in Exposed Thread?
    Correction.

    Head Exposer is RiotVan.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Wah Piang....you sure or not? DM leh. Legendary head Exposer leh heheh.. You have been writing to him how many times now in Exposed Thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Correction.

    Head Exposer is RiotVan.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    From what I understand from the posts.....uncle sam and DM are to be *cough cough* nakky buddies but ssshhhh....it's a sensitive issue....
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  14. #94

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    and u hav to be spotlight...

    juz like your thread title.

    Hahahaha....
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Hello...they want you to spend what you HAVE not what you can BORROW to spend!!!...
    Yes and no. Interest rates have been lowered to encourage borrowing and to allow survival or expansion of SMEs. The sad thing is a number of banks (FM being pretty unethical) lent to subprime and the world got burnt. They bore none of the responsibility. So now with trust issues, the banks don't want to lend to anyone even if they are prime clients. Guess if you wanted to play, could see if bank will take yr current home as collateral??? (and lots scream......don't over extend yourself......but some of us do!!! - becos it's all a game!)

    heh. I was also looking after my company's financial thingy and I can tell you....pay back abit late the OD or what other loans we have, they will get pretty nervous if just abit late. I suspect banks like OCBC ...local banks has as much "financial issues" but will not let on ..same as foreign banks they have boo boo or are losing money but trying to act brave. I think it is a matter of who flinch first. I have seen alot of changes to the way this bank and others we have account with who starts to make more calls to the office to try to get you out to kopi or to check on how your business is doing.
    yup understand their nervousness. With large established corps going down.....domino effect....

    You are in the IT industry, you should know right.. Even if a bank gets hack and millions or billions are lost, the last thing they will do is tell you that for fear that people will lost confidence and start redrawing their money.
    I know nuffing.....just watching the world go by. But yup - proven with Northern Rock, Iceland Bank, etc. People get burnt even when they think their savings are safe. Iceland Bank stopped allowing anyone taking funds out and it looks like folks with savings might have lost them...I know a lot of UK councils were also in the same predicament...but have not followed up on the rescue plans here.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  16. #96

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    If I have money, this is the time to make your money work hard for you by taking advantage of the situation. And it is all very legal too. Oh and ah.....bad times are great for snap elections too if I may be so bold to throw in one last bit.
    Hey Uncle Sam you might like to get on yr sexy thongs and try here: get paid loads to swim, snorkel.....write a blog and take lots of beautiful photos.....
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  17. #97

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    .... But yup - proven with Northern Rock, Iceland Bank, etc. People get burnt even when they think their savings are safe. Iceland Bank stopped allowing anyone taking funds out and it looks like folks with savings might have lost them...I know a lot of UK councils were also in the same predicament...but have not followed up on the rescue plans here.
    tokking about krones, actually I wonder if Sg will face similar situation wif our currency?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    and u hav to be spotlight...

    juz like your thread title.

    Hahahaha....
    boy boy dun tink too hard
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  19. #99

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Hey Uncle Sam you might like to get on yr sexy thongs and try here: get paid loads to swim, snorkel.....write a blog and take lots of beautiful photos.....
    this is real cool job... if you ask me.

    too bad I no eligible..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    tokking about krones, actually I wonder if Sg will face similar situation wif our currency?
    the feeling is not a big impact......but that is just a gut feeling about Sgs vunerabilities......they've invested in many baskets to ensure stability.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •