Thread: Is it true that Cameras like Nikon FMs are now no longer serviceable?

Default Is it true that Cameras like Nikon FMs are now no longer serviceable?

Because Nikon no longer have the spare parts? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Smile Re: Is it true that Cameras like Nikon FMs are now no longer serviceable?

not sure. but i owned a fm, but it is in kaput state and i am not repairing it.

Default Re: Is it true that Cameras like Nikon FMs are now no longer serviceable?

Nope..."attempted" to send my FE2 for repair before last year to NSC and they didn't have spare parts for years liao.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Default Re: Is it true that Cameras like Nikon FMs are now no longer serviceable?

since there are no parts available, so they can't service for you if parts replacement is needed.

the only way is to send it to third party repair workshops, they have some camera parts salvage from other ruin cameras.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

If NSC do not service the FMs anymore, just bring to other shops to service.
    Able to service or not depends on the shops.