Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EOS 450D vs Fuji S5 Pro >> Which should I get?

Default Re: EOS 450D vs Fuji S5 Pro >> Which should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    yup no IS , hmm i wont know how much the IS i would be needing tho. is the kit lens without IS really unreliable? i was thinking budgeting. with such low cost, get a better lens with the rest of the excess cash i guess. or is that bad thinking? lol
    Well, you must consider how much light is available. Your kit lens can give you at the best f/3.5. You can probably go up to ISO 800 comfortably, although ISO 1600 wouldn't be too bad either. If you have stable hands, then you can probably let your shutter speed hover around 1/25s at 18mm... Anything slower, IS will prove very useful.
    Last edited by Blur Shadow; 10th January 2009 at 01:02 AM.

hi ts,

i cant help but feel you know very little about any of the system and photography. you have been asking lots of very basic question.

why dont you go out with friends, play with their camera and see how you like it.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

yup no IS , hmm i wont know how much the IS i would be needing tho. is the kit lens without IS really unreliable? i was thinking budgeting. with such low cost, get a better lens with the rest of the excess cash i guess. or is that bad thinking? lol
    All I can say is that IS help alot for my 18-200mm lens... for 18-55mm I guess you can over come with a higher ISO & shutter speed.... It all have to depend on the photographer...

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    a show of hands, how many cser uses spot metering, especially newbie.
    Sometime I use Spot Metering .... that is what turn me "off" when Canon did not include it in it's previous entry-level dslr.....

It is very useful in concert shots whereby your focus is on the subject and not the background lights...
    Last edited by Anson; 10th January 2009 at 12:57 AM.

all these lens talk are making me confuzzled.

k simply which one should i go too? is the 450d okay for a new guy like me?
    bro, seriously, an S5pro. s5pro is more or less of a D200. idk, 450D which my
    bro is using, is super light with a batt grip and feels like a 'plastic'? sorry if i
    offended anyone. and gets 'darker' image eg: shutter 1/20sec bet 450d and d200.
    idk, maybe get a canon if your friends using canon and can borrow their lens. haa.

hmmm i've been waiting for the d400, if its nt even a great jump,
    i might consider an s5. HAHAHA its just a new body and a new sensor from my d200.
    Last edited by hairyharry; 10th January 2009 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyharry View Post
    bro, seriously, an S5pro. s5pro is more or less of a D200. idk, 450D which my
    bro is using, is super light with a batt grip and feels like a 'plastic'? sorry if i
    offended anyone. hmmm i've been waiting for the d400, if its nt even a great jump,
    i might consider an s5. HAHAHA its just a new body and a new sensor from my d200.
    takder fulus ar hehe. i can only afford the body and a lens thats about it, sad eh.

takder fulus ar hehe. i can only afford the body and a lens thats about it, sad eh.
    For your budget... do take a look at the Olympus dslr & flash system... their kits & flash are generally cheaper than Nikon (S5Pro uses Nikon) & Canon's offering....

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    For your budget... do take a look at the Olympus dslr & flash system... their kits & flash are generally cheaper than Nikon (S5Pro uses Nikon) & Canon's offering....
    At least Sony, Olympus and Pentax have built-in IS
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    At least Sony, Olympus and Pentax have built-in IS
    This I fully agree....

An IS (Lens or Sensor) is always better than no IS...

Deregistered

dear TS,

go buy what you want. all infos are already given to you. be a man stand tall and decide yourself. please help save the rest who have given you a lot of advice la.

if you know you made the mistake, learn from it. else good for you.

no offence ya!

Bro....dun think so much abt camera.

think abt your shooting needs.
    which is more important.

both of them have their pros and cons. See which one u wanna accommodate to.

1) fuji has kodak (no-joke) sensors.

2) 450D has its performance in a small size.

both are good in their unique ways.
    mytwocents

Quote Originally Posted by mynextday View Post
    Bro....dun think so much abt camera.

think abt your shooting needs.
    which is more important.

both of them have their pros and cons. See which one u wanna accommodate to.

2) 450D has its performance in a small size.

both are good in their unique ways.
    mytwocents
    Er. AFAIK the Fuji SuperCCD SR II sensor is NOT made by kodak...
    Alpha

TS should probably try out friends' DSLRs if possible (and available).

I also feel that you should really consider renting the equipment you think you'll need and are comfortable with using. Instead of rushing to build up a system from scratch with a tight budget just to shoot a wedding that you won't be paid for.

when choosing a camera, you are choosing the whole system of what the brand offer you. it is best to feel it yourself, as only you know what you want. Then, look further into what the system has to offer, your budget vs the technical aspect. i've made a loss over a thousand because i made a switch, so choose carefully.

since ultimate you are here trying to make a decision to buy a camera in order to be a primary photographer for a friend,

i would say, you will need time to pick up photography, especially if you are new to dslr. a good camera cant do anything with a man not skilled in it. you dont need to be a professional to take good photos, but you must at least know your tools inside out and photography basics.

and you have to decide fast and get started to learn your tool, orelse whatever camera will not help.

My suggestion is though, give up the idea of helping out your friend as a primary photographer with such a timeline and budget. wedding is once in a life time, i wouldnt want to ruin one, especially my good friend. no offense.

buy your cam, learn it hard and offer to be a secondary photographer, good experience for you to practice, not as main.
    Last edited by Benosaurous; 10th January 2009 at 02:26 AM.

Aiyo, bro. Why like that? U have repeated mentioned you can afford the 450D kit but the S5pro with lens is out of reach.. you still hesitant on what? Realistically no matter how passionate, no money means no cam.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

IMHO since you were considering 400D, you could consider the following setup:
    Used 400D body: about $550
    Used Tamron 17-50 f/2.8: About $500
    Used 50mm f/1.8: about $100
    That should be within your budget for the time being. Later when you've saved up enough money can get 430EX flash for about $400 used.
    BTW the 400D kit lens is known to have not-very-goot image quality so wouldn reccomend getting it if you were considering it.
    Lastly, noticed you mentioned a price of $888 for 400D kit, believe that is the offer from courts/best denki etc etc, can get cheaper from elsewhere, and since you're on a tight budget, wouldn recommend you get a new set, used set is probably just as good, and still have resale value afterward
    Just my 2 cents have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by mynextday View Post
    Is it?

if u can consider 450D and S5 Pro, then i think u don't really know what u want in your camera.

in general, 450D is a good choice. and for most things, 450D is very good. speed, output, etc.

s5 Pro is quite niche. i won't recommend it to anyone, unless u know what u really want in your dSLR. it's just like the sigma cameras, special and unique in their own ways. and trust me, most people cannot appreciate such uniqueness, especially newbies.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Quote Originally Posted by Fotophilic View Post
    if u can consider 450D and S5 Pro, then i think u don't really know what u want in your camera.

in general, 450D is a good choice. and for most things, 450D is very good. speed, output, etc.

s5 Pro is quite niche. i won't recommend it to anyone, unless u know what u really want in your dSLR. it's just like the sigma cameras, special and unique in their own ways. and trust me, most people cannot appreciate such uniqueness, especially newbies.
    i think you hit the main point already...TS has no idea what he wants, fancy comparing between a semi-pro body and an entry-lvl body, doesn't make sense

s5 is a cam not made for newbies unless you're willing to spend all the time in the world just to play with it and get the best possible output from it.

since TS is already more inclined to canon lens pricing, then i think canon would be his final decision.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 10th January 2009 at 02:30 PM.

oh well yup i decided to go for the rebel.

um i might be a newbie in DSLR but certainly not in photography I guess.

Thanks for all the wonderful tips and advices.
    Been quite happening huh ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast