9th January 2009, 12:47 AM
*Photoscholar* - Basic Photography Course 5th Feb
Basic digital photography course (February intake)
Good photography is all about making the right choices--and they aren't only the scary, technical ones.
Through live demonstrations and sample photographs, find out how making simple but critical decisions will dramatically improve your photography; learn to take control of your camera and solve real-world photography problems; and discover what makes a good photo good, and a bad photo rotten.
In four intensive lessons, instructor Lin Junjie provide participants with the fundamentals to advance their photography beyond the casual snapshots.
For the detailed outline and registration, please visit: http://photoscholar.com/courses/basic/
Lesson One -- Aesthetics
1. Decisions, decisions, decisions
2. Using visual devices
3. The decisive moment
Lesson Two -- Technical
1. Focusing and shutter release -- taking controls over autofocusing
2. Exposure -- it's all about light
3. Metering -- is there something like a correct exposure? how does the camera figure that out?
Lesson Three -- Light and lenses
1. Light -- understanding different types of and how to make the best out of the worst
2. Flash -- why you should turn off the flash in night and use it in bright daylight, balancing with ambient, troubleshooting
3. Lenses -- the vocabulary of photography; strengths, quirks and limitations, making sense of jargons
Lesson Four -- Learning to critique & intro to DI
1. Critiquing photographs -- what makes a good photo good and a bad photo rotten
2. Intro to digital imaging -- with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, concepts applicable to all digital imaging software
3. Going further -- wrapping up and further learning
Starting 5th February 2009
Every thursday till 26 February
04 lessons of 02 hours each
Venue: 20A Smith Street (2 mins from Chinatown MRT station)
Students must have their own DSLR or compact camera with manual override features (such as Canon G10)
Fees & Registration
Course Fees: S$200/- pax
To register, please sign up at http://photoscholar.com/courses/basic/register/
28th January 2009, 02:16 PM
29th January 2009, 08:39 PM
30th January 2009, 09:12 PM
Re: *Photoscholar* - Basic Photography Course 5th Feb
LAST DAY to enjoy the 10% discount -- pay in full by Jan 31st and enjoy 10% discount
Hurry, only 2 more places left before closing for February class.
For detailed course outline and registration, please visit: http://photoscholar.com/courses/basic/[/QUOTE]