Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AHH!! Tomorrow is first Event shoot!

Oh,the event is from 5-8 i think.. But i asked my friend, he say the organizers don't need others liao.. =x

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Oh,the event is from 5-8 i think.. But i asked my friend, he say the organizers don't need others liao.. =x
    Okie. Good luck with your shoots then....

Oh, one last thing, look confidents. Remember, you're the photographer, sometime you can have some influence on how the event go so that you can have a better picture. But don't over do it though....

Thanks dude!! I'll keep that in mind!! Must not be scared of people! Must be brave! ON GUARD!

Thanks you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by meng
    Happy shooting
    I just came back from the shoot. And guess what. I feel like slapping and kicking myself.

I shot in ISO 100. In a concert hall environment. I FORGOT TO CHANGE TO 800. SEE?! SHOULDN'T I BE PUNISHED?! ARG.

I wasted so MANY shots.

hi ozon3...were u using A70 for the shoot? if so, if it appears too dark on ya lcd, you shud have changed to 800 already right? nvm lar...first try always have some mistakes here and there...learn from it and move on...

Quote Originally Posted by kliff
    hi ozon3...were u using A70 for the shoot? if so, if it appears too dark on ya lcd, you shud have changed to 800 already right? nvm lar...first try always have some mistakes here and there...learn from it and move on...
    Ah, here's the slap-inducing part. I was using a D30.

Is there a 3rd page?? hmm..

rented...
    Ah, here's the slap-inducing part. I was using a D30.

Wha, you dig my history up ar?! Hahahaahha.. Yeah, from chyeo!! He's a nice guy!

Oh, Tokina ATX Pro 2 28-80 quite power sia.. ahaha

haha...I'm following on his rental thread, you can check my posts there too.

get DSLR or SLR then!
    Wha, you dig my history up ar?! Hahahaahha.. Yeah, from chyeo!! He's a nice guy!

Oh, Tokina ATX Pro 2 28-80 quite power sia.. ahaha

Eh, i thinking of buying the D30 (even before i rented it).. Heh. But i scared too expensive.. Then later interest die after awhile.. Also on the same note, no one wants to buy my A70!! I wanna sell it to finance the next purchase!! I thought of shooting film, but i figured it'll be cheaper in the long run to use digital. Heh.. Seriously ar, i hope i can get more assignments. Was pretty fun. Except i had to go low when i run around.. Haa.. Oh, shooting straight for 4 hours, having a 30 minutes break, then another 4 hours is not easy. Haa. But i guess it was fun!

Nothing beats weilding the camera that you want

Saw my name somewhere?

Eh, i thinking of buying the D30 (even before i rented it).. Heh. But i scared too expensive.. Then later interest die after awhile.. Also on the same note, no one wants to buy my A70!! I wanna sell it to finance the next purchase!! I thought of shooting film, but i figured it'll be cheaper in the long run to use digital. Heh.. Seriously ar, i hope i can get more assignments. Was pretty fun. Except i had to go low when i run around.. Haa.. Oh, shooting straight for 4 hours, having a 30 minutes break, then another 4 hours is not easy. Haa. But i guess it was fun!

Well, a D30 cost ard $900 now, and you can get a 2nd hand 28-105 for ard $250-$280, around $1150 to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by chyeo
    Saw my name somewhere?
    HEH HEH

Wha.. After selling off my A70, whole set for about $650, Hopefully, i still need to extract about $500 more.. Meaning no new shoes for 3 months.. Hmm.. I think i can live with it.. Time to plan! Har har..

shoot more with the A70 and justify the cost lor..anyway, if you offer a good price, there will be pple around willing to get the A70

As for the costs of film, the "long run" might be 1 year or 2 years which during that same period, you can use the extra cash for other purposes and save up for full-frame DSLRs and cheaper prosumer DSLRs

Heeheh most important is you enjoy shootin

Anyway, to end off, if you are keen to try out SLR for a while, I can loan you mine (I have no DSLR).
    Just a token sum will do. But not more than $30 for a few days. But must pay deposit lor..But this is not a official renting deal, just to let someone have a try only.

Last edited by meng; 25th September 2003 at 03:35 AM.

$500 for new shoes for 3 months....that's good life
    Wha.. After selling off my A70, whole set for about $650, Hopefully, i still need to extract about $500 more.. Meaning no new shoes for 3 months.. Hmm.. I think i can live with it.. Time to plan! Har har..

shoot more with the A70 and justify the cost lor..anyway, if you offer a good price, there will be pple around willing to get the A70

As for the costs of film, the "long run" might be 1 year or 2 years which during that same period, you can use the extra cash for other purposes and save up for full-frame DSLRs and cheaper prosumer DSLRs

Heeheh most important is you enjoy shootin

Anyway, to end with, if you are keen to try out SLR for a while, I can loan you mine, I have no DSLR.
    Just a token sum will do. But not more than $30 for a few days. But must pay deposit lor..But this is not a official renting deal, just to let someone have a try only.
    shooting more will justify the cost meh? I don't think so ar. If i trigger happy, just shoot anything and everything, don't make sense right? Heh.. I guess more time is needed on this topic of upgrading! Cause muny is hard to come by!

I guess for me, kinda like a two sided thing.. Haa. As in, upgrading got both good and bad points, personally. heh.

Wha lau, full-frame dSLR.. maybe in a few YEARS time.. Haa.. Shooting is fun. Shooting people's expressions even more fun. Haa. but i scared ar.. Oh, thanks for your offer, but i've got a SLR at home.. Heh.. It's a EOS 888

Maybe i should get my hand on some film and start seeing the effects.. Heh..

I realized something, the topic should be, "yesterday was my first event shoot".. hahaha

$500 for new shoes for 3 months....that's good life
    Haa.. Just a passing remark. Cause i was planning to get a pair of sneakers.. Heh heh... Gotta put things on hold! =x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast