Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions on Work Station for Post-processing

Default Re: Questions on Work Station for Post-processing

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinkhoo View Post
    Invest a MAC... It will not crush, hang, or lag.. it will work flawlessly on lightroom and worth every penny for investing the MAC.....
    as a person who has done DI work on Win2K, WinXP, Mac OSX and Vista 64, I can say that the OS that has crashed the least, and is most resilient to programs within it crashing while remaining stable itself, is:
    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    vista 64

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    as a person who has done DI work on Win2K, WinXP, Mac OSX and Vista 64, I can say that the OS that has crashed the least, and is most resilient to programs within it crashing while remaining stable itself, is:
    I'm also using Vista64....Have never had a crash at all.

thanks all for the input

I have a question popped out of my head now, drilling down to the processor itself..

32/64 bits, dual/triple/quad core, L1 and L2 cache...
    How does all these architecture affects the performance of photo post processing performance?

I'm on AMD motherboard, hence I'm looking at this http://pricewatch.vr-zone.com/previewcat.php?cid=1

Thanks!

Windows 7!! Oh btw, what is your budget to build the dream machine?

For your reference:

Reference
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

hazmee, its not to build a dream station hehehe.. like i mentioned, a station that is cost-performance balanced just need lightroom to run smoothly..

btw all my latter questions are more on the tech discussion rather than to answer my initial question

I think OS, graphics card, processor and memory are only going to make the speed more bearable if you are handling large file size.

The most importance aspect should be the display. Go for IPS LCD. HP has some good LCDs. I don't really recommend notebooks but if you must, Lenovo W series. But no way can a notebook be near that of a desktop setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ch3nyong View Post
    thanks all for the input

I have a question popped out of my head now, drilling down to the processor itself..

32/64 bits, dual/triple/quad core, L1 and L2 cache...
    How does all these architecture affects the performance of photo post processing performance?

I'm on AMD motherboard, hence I'm looking at this http://pricewatch.vr-zone.com/previewcat.php?cid=1

Thanks!
    Since you are on AMD. Just go for the AMD Quad Core Phenom HD9950 Black Edition. From the pricelist it's only slightly more then $300. It's also a 64bit CPU. The architectures for the the Phenom processors are the same just more or less cores only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12