Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Panasonic G1 CLUB

Default Re: Panasonic G1 CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by nublx3 View Post
    is there a good set of lens for G1 to take portrait? i test out the G1 with 14-45mm at Best Denki but don't seems to be able to get much bokeh.
    You can consider these with the adapter(s). Price list is here.
    Last edited by huluyue; 24th May 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post
    You can consider these with the adapter(s). Price list is here.
    Thanks for the info. Was thinking of getting a G1 as my first but pull back at first by the lack of lenses.

3rd party lens means have to do manual focus ya? any portrait photos u can share here to let me see the effect? Thanks.
    Panasonic Lumix LX3

Quote Originally Posted by nublx3 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Was thinking of getting a G1 as my first but pull back at first by the lack of lenses.

3rd party lens means have to do manual focus ya? any portrait photos u can share here to let me see the effect? Thanks.
    Yeah, manual focus with 3rd party lenses. But with the MF Assist function, an enlarged screen will be displayed when focusing. So basically is simple, easy and fast.

Here are some posts from me:

G1 + Ultron 3.5mm f1.7

here's another one

I had an Olympus Zuiko lens when I bought my G1. So here's a post of G1 + Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-35mm f2

This was taken with Sigma(NikonMount) 20mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by huluyue View Post
    Yeah, manual focus with 3rd party lenses. But with the MF Assist function, an enlarged screen will be displayed when focusing. So basically is simple, easy and fast.

Here are some posts from me:

G1 + Ultron 3.5mm f1.7

here's another one

I had an Olympus Zuiko lens when I bought my G1. So here's a post of G1 + Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-35mm f2

This was taken with Sigma(NikonMount) 20mm f1.8
    Thanks ... I am quite sold on G1. I foresee that I'll be a new convert come year end.
    Panasonic Lumix LX3

Shoot a lil video with the G1? (Yes, i said G1)

anyone from the G1 Club bought the 45-200mm lens? Is that good?
    Panasonic Lumix LX3

seems like G1 + 14-45mm + 45-200mm is only 79800 yen in Japan. Less than $1.2K!!! Where MS Colour quoted me $1.5K for both.
    Panasonic Lumix LX3

Quote Originally Posted by raymondluo View Post
    Shoot a lil video with the G1? (Yes, i said G1)

G1 connected to pc in order to shoot in Video? is that how it is connected to capture video? it would be too much of hassle for normal use.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 7th June 2009 at 03:27 PM.

azul, read the comments at the clip

Does anyone know if Lowepro or any other brand has padded cubes or padded containers that are just nice for the 14-42 or 45-200 lens for G1? I intend to buy the 45-200 soon, but I use a normal backpack for my camera so I don't want to damage it when I'm not using that lens.
    Currently based in Melbourne / No longer living in Singapore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    G1 connected to pc in order to shoot in Video? is that how it is connected to capture video? it would be too much of hassle for normal use.

../azul123
    it appears that they hooked up the G1 video output to a computer and used the computer to record the live feed. but they go one to say that it can be any video recording device... so unless you go around with your laptop, it's not really a workable solution.

so if you want video recording, best to either get the GH1 or pray hard hard for a firmware update for normal video recording on the G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK View Post
    it appears that they hooked up the G1 video output to a computer and used the computer to record the live feed. but they go one to say that it can be any video recording device... so unless you go around with your laptop, it's not really a workable solution.

so if you want video recording, best to either get the GH1 or pray hard hard for a firmware update for normal video recording on the G1.
    Hi Jack,
    Long time no see... I think unlikely there will be any video firmware update, Panasonic won't want to take some limelight away from their newly launched GH1.

../azul123

I would hardly think that the hardware is capable of being as video capable as the GH1 if im not wrong the venus engine is not present in the G1 right? Processing footage into codec is already tough enough as it is for the GH1 (hence the frequent breakdown of video in 1080p). But 720p is great, which is what i'm getting it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK View Post

Moreover the G1 doesn't have a built in mike or mike input.
    Even if you were able to hack the firmware to enable the video, the recorded movie will come out without audio...then what's the use of it? This has been the case of eos40D whose video got enabled after a firware hack (google it)
    Last edited by dodongdodong; 8th June 2009 at 12:49 PM.

can anyone advise on the lens thread size for the kit lens of G1?
    thks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by kababoom View Post
    can anyone advise on the lens thread size for the kit lens of G1?
    thks for any info
    52mm...

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.seriouscompacts.com
    You can currently get a blue Panasonic G1 two-lens kit for $660 shipped (red for $676) at Amazon! Here's how:

1. Click here to go to the Amazon page for the blue G1 with 14-42mm lens kit
    2. Scroll down to where you see "Save $250 on the Panasonic 45-200mm Lens when you purchase 1 or more Panasonic G1 Digital SLR offered by Amazon.com" and then click on the associated "Add Both to Cart" button.
    3. Proceed to checkout, and you will see the instant savings applied.

To get the red one instead, start here instead and then follow steps 2 and 3 above.
    This seems like a good deal. Would this be a noticable upgrade to a Nikon D50 (w/ 6mp)?

Edit: I bought a LX3 to help me learn to use my D50. I don't know if the G1 is considered a full SLR, so maybe it's not a replacement for my D50? I guess since I never use my D50, it might not matter, but if I can get this for just a few hundred if I sell the D50, maybe it would be worth it.
    Last edited by everybest; 20th June 2009 at 12:15 PM.

thought of getting a lx3 but after admiring at my g1 for a while i think i will skip lx3 lol...cant bear my red g1 lol...

Anyone here get the extra Panasonic Original Battery?
    My gallery
    COLORS OF THE WIND

Default Panasonic G1

Hi All... Kinda new with phtography.. Brought my G1 for quite a while.. but dun realli knoe much abt its... guess need more guidance from you guys..

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast