Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help recommend lens for landscape shooting

Default Re: Please help recommend lens for landscape shooting

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    you can get the GND and CPL for landscape.

for myself im using canon's 10-22 with the b+w slim CPL
    Wat level of ND does anyone suggest? ie ND2, ND4?
    Sorry if i get it all wrong with my newb questions

I'll go for a 70-300mm tele, ND4, ND8 and CPL filters and maybe even a ND Grad Filter. Also consider investing in a good tripod and ballhead, and wireless remote as it helps.

Kelvin
    EOS 6D|EOS 50D|EOS 350D|EF-S 17-85mm|EF 24-70mm|EF 70-200mm|EF 50mm f/1.8|Sigma 70-300mm

Tokina 116 not bad actually. Can consider.

hi ts,

if u are shooting distant (agar agar 100m or more) landscape, why not use your existing tammy 17-50 (very sharp lens) to do a series of sweeping photos and stitch together to form a pano?

there is a very good stitching freeware call "HUGIN", much better than the auto-merge function of some popular image editing software. although this method may not give you 100% of the kind of distortion found in ultra-wide angle lens ("HUGIN" can input distortion after stitching, but i dont have a comparison of it with UW lens), it does offer an alternative without spend $$$ (times are bad).
    Last edited by denniskee; 8th January 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    hi ts,

if u are shooting distant (agar agar 100m or more) landscape, why not use your existing tammy 17-50 (very sharp lens) to do a series of sweeping photos and stitch together to form a pano?

there is a very good stitching freeware call "HUGIN", much better than the auto-merge function of some popular image editing software. although this method may not give you 100% of the kind of distortion found in ultra-wide angle lens ("HUGIN" can input distortion after stitching, but i dont have a comparison of it with UW lens), it does offer an alternative without spend $$$ (times are bad).
    Pretty interesting advise here. Just got back from batam doing some scenary shots of the horizon but then not very nice as the sun wasnt up. pics turn out "bland"

ya sunrise usually not as nice/dramatic as sunset in this region. But u can post a picture up for us to see/edit/critic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12