Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change battery in Braun electronic toothbrush

Default Re: How to change battery in Braun electronic toothbrush

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    There is a shop on 3rd floor, at the back row of the lift called Sigma AV... they repair and sell mostly AV electronics but they can repair other stuff too...
    I know Sigma AV, but unlike Unicell, I do not think they specialize in batteries. It is not just merely a simple soldering job. He must be able to cross-reference the correct type of battery for your device.

The $40 include batteries?
    Of course. Otherwise what is the point of replacing "batteries".
    Last edited by photobum; 10th January 2009 at 07:06 AM.

This NATO talk is quite amusing...

I read about the place at Tagore, went there the next day, and I am now enjoying the new toothbrush, where TS, you are still talking about it!

I wonder what you are brusing your teeth with now....
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    With a Colgate 'double action' toothbrush with tongue cleaner I believe.
    Last edited by photobum; 10th January 2009 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    This NATO talk is quite amusing...

I read about the place at Tagore, went there the next day, and I am now enjoying the new toothbrush, where TS, you are still talking about it!

Firstly, I have no intention of purchasing a new electronic toothbrush. My current toothbrush is in working condition, just with weak batteries... also, my model is one of the high end and expensive ones, so it is not something that I would use as disposeable and just simply replace. So while you have gone there and got yourself a new toothbrush, I am figuring what would be the most economical way to get my batteries replaced, esp. since a few others have come up with some suggestions. So our aims are different and you cannot make a direct conparison like that.

2nd, I would like to make some enquiry about the toothbrush but was unable to get through.

3rd, I have other things to do besides fixing a toothbrush and this is not at the top of my priority list... so I can take my time to gather info. and find the best solution. Btw, have you forgotten that non-electronic toothbrushes exist?!?

And last but most important, if this is NATO talk to you, then why did you bother to post your NATO comment?! If you've read the other posts in this thread, you will find that there are others who also want to replace their batteries and not simply trade-in their toothbrush, who are benefitting from and appreciate this so-called NATO talk!

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    With a Colgate 'double action' toothbrush with tongue cleaner I believe.
    Didn't take note of brand and model but something similar. It has a tongue cleaner too.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

... that there are others who also want to replace their batteries and not simply trade-in their toothbrush, who are benefitting from and appreciate this...
    I, for one, am benefiting from this thread.
    Last edited by Canew; 10th January 2009 at 11:31 AM.

you will find that there are others who also want to replace their batteries and not simply trade-in their toothbrush, who are benefitting from and appreciate this so-called NATO talk!
    Peter lives somewhere around Teachers' Estate, which is just 10 minutes driving distance away from Tagore Industrial Estate. This explains why it is so convenient for him to send his Braun to Beste and not for others.

As for me, I did not find it cost effective to buy a brand-new electric toothbrush (I always go for the top-of-line models) while I can replace the worn-out battery myself. I live in Ang Mo Kio which is about 20 minutes away from Tagore Industrial Estate.
    Last edited by photobum; 11th January 2009 at 08:33 AM.

Just happen to found this thread while googling...

Photobum, did you get the exact size replacement batteries at unicell, or you just DIY AA size battery inside?

Need to do any mod to the casing if you put an AA size battery in instead?

I am using a 8500 i think, it seem to be getting a bit weak recently~~~.
    Last edited by Hong Jia; 12th May 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia View Post

Photobum, did you get the exact size replacement batteries at unicell, or you just DIY AA size battery inside?

just in case you are waiting for a reply, photobum is no longer here

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    just in case you are waiting for a reply, photobum is no longer here
    Whopps, din notice~~~

No more Photobum, but WuffRuff can answer your qn.

I had my batteries replaced at Unicell.
    You just need to bring the brush unit to them and tell them you want to have the batteries replaced. It costs $14.80 (something like that, $14+) and takes around 7 working days. They will send the unit to their factory to have it done and when it gets back, they will call you to come collect.

The batteries used are manufactured by Unicell and they are the exact size replacement batteries and type for the brush. No mod to the casing; just open to replace and close back.

But after having the replacement done, my new battery life was very weak. It could barely last me through one brush (less than 10 mins life) after charging for an entire night (at least 10 hrs). Not sure if it's because the batteries are new or what. I had my unit and charger sent back to them for checking. They have rather good service and staff are quite nice. They said they can check for me and no extra cost and no black face. I just got a call that I can go collect it today. Haven't collected it yet. Let's hope the battery life is better now.
    Last edited by WuffRuff; 16th May 2009 at 12:45 AM.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

No more Photobum, but WuffRuff can answer your qn.

I had my batteries replaced at Unicell.
    You just need to bring the brush unit to them and tell them you want to have the batteries replaced. It costs $14.80 (something like that, $14+) and takes around 7 working days. They will send the unit to their factory to have it done and when it gets back, they will call you to come collect.

The batteries used are manufactured by Unicell and they are the exact size replacement batteries and type for the brush. No mod to the casing; just open to replace and close back.

But after having the replacement done, my new battery life was very weak. It could barely last me through one brush (less than 10 mins life) after charging for an entire night (at least 10 hrs). Not sure if it's because the batteries are new or what. I had my unit and charger sent back to them for checking. They have rather good service and staff are quite nice. They said they can check for me and no extra cost and no black face. I just got a call that I can go collect it today. Haven't collected it yet. Let's hope the battery life is better now.
    Thanks bro. My 8500 using for about 2 yrs... $15 to change the battery quite a cost effective way as the out look still looks like new and the motor and timer all working well except for the battery, last time used to last a week or more now 3 - 4 days like a bit weak on power.

Bought some replacement battery for my pda from unicell before. Quite like their service and price.
    Last edited by Hong Jia; 16th May 2009 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks bro. My 8500 using for about 2 yrs... $15 to change the battery quite a cost effective way as the out look still looks like new and the motor and timer all working well except for the battery, last time used to last a week or more now 3 - 4 days like a bit weak on power.

Bought some replacement battery for my pda from unicell before. Quite like their service and price.
    Yah, same case with me.
    Hope it works out well for you.

Yah, same case with me.
    Hope it works out well for you.
    I haben send in mine for a change. How the battery life after the second send in for the check?

I haben send in mine for a change. How the battery life after the second send in for the check?
    Slightly better but still nowhere as good as when the brush was new.
    Maybe need to cycle several times.

Slightly better but still nowhere as good as when the brush was new.
    Maybe need to cycle several times.
    Is it able to last a week without charging? Maybe 4-8 minutes of brushing per day. Or it still discharge after 10 mins?

Is it able to last a week without charging? Maybe 4-8 minutes of brushing per day. Or it still discharge after 10 mins?
    Yah... lasts around 10 mins...
    Maybe need to cycle the battery a few times lah... that's what the shop person told me also...

WuffRuff, any updates on the battery life after you have it replaced at Unicell? TIA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12