Thread: Jiuzhaigou -- on a group tour

Default Jiuzhaigou -- on a group tour

Good day,

I am planning to visit Jiuzhaigou (on a group tour to Chengdu) and am wondering if any of you guys know of a tour package by a local tour agent that offers two full days (instead of one) inside the National Park?

One full day is just too little to absorb into the surroundings; let alone photography.

Thank you.

Default Re: Jiuzhaigou -- on a group tour

I think you should be able to finish in one day but that is just me.

Purchase the multiple entries is better than the single entry ticket, remember to have your photo print into your ticket.
    Try to get inside like 0700hrs and slowly walk all the way out the gou is like a Y shape as long as u dont take the bus out to the main entrance should be able take the ride in between station.

I went during winter last year during late march/early april (before earthquake)..

from 1 April of the Year, it will be Peak Season charge...so it is more expensive like S$50 per day i think..

we went 1 day, but it is not enough as the snow/icy mountain and lakes are breathtaking.

we nearly got lost and stranded inside and managed to grab the bus out before the park closed..
    蓮花仙子

I won't have a chance to do a free-and-easy; I will be taking my family along -- so it will be a group tour.

Thus far, I have checked with a few local agents (Chan Bros, CTC, SA, ASA) and non of them has more than a full day at the National Park. Something like... reached the vicinity of Jiuzhaigou at night (staying overnight), whole of following day at the National Park and departs the next morning.

And as it's not the "last stop", there's no chance of me extending another day, short of flying all the way there (and back) from Chengdu (again).

Was thinking if any of you guys know of perhaps some other smaller tour operators that "somehow" has a 2-full-day at the National Park.

Was wondering too if there's any chance to deploy a tripod what with the crowd there must be nowadays!

Thank you very much for the feedbacks, longkangman and LOTUSfairy.

Must appreciate.

You got to watch up the main gate closing time depends on seasons. if I do recall correctly the 1st bus is around 0715.
    The tkt excluding the bus ride is 220rmb(depend on season) single entry and bus ride is 90rmb.

I fly to chengdu rest for a full day and took domestic return flight(790rnb) to Jiuzhaigou airport then book a taxi for 700rmb(can't remember the right figure) for two full days here and there and also to mounigou scenic area.

Most tour group stay overnight for next day Jiuzhaigou tour begin from 1000hrs and end 1600hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    Good day,

I am planning to visit Jiuzhaigou (on a group tour to Chengdu) and am wondering if any of you guys know of a tour package by a local tour agent that offers two full days (instead of one) inside the National Park?

One full day is just too little to absorb into the surroundings; let alone photography.

Thank you.
    Hm...never heard of that...most likely you need to DIY....it's not that difficult with the free bus provided by park.

My last trip was with SA....and we only have a couple of hours despite our ticket is good for 2 days...we were brought to some Chinese tea tour aka talk aka sales early in the morning.....and by the time we enter the park...it was almost noon liao.....the lake water became very choppy then

Was wondering too if there's any chance to deploy a tripod what with the crowd there must be nowadays! .
    Done that, tripod is OK, but cannot dilly delly because each scene(if in trour group) you have the most 10 minutes....I was there last spring...crowd was scarce by the park standard....this is the shot of the entrance Heard it was worse after the earthquake

Thanks for the feedback, Big Kahuna. Appreciate.

I hope I get more than a half day then... problem with Chinese tours; they bring you to shopping, hospitals, etc.

Was in Beijing many years back.. went to Hospital No. 2 for a "demo" (they passed electrical currents round us!) ... then proceed to sell us medicine/tonics... (3 hrs)

Actual time in Great Wall == 90 mins.

Thanks for the feedback, Big Kahuna. Appreciate.

I hope I get more than a half day then... problem with Chinese tours; they bring you to shopping, hospitals, etc.

Was in Beijing many years back.. went to Hospital No. 2 for a "demo" (they passed electrical currents round us!) ... then proceed to sell us medicine/tonics... (3 hrs)

Actual time in Great Wall == 90 mins.
    I have a blog on this trip if you are interested

Sure do.

Please Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I have a blog on this trip if you are interested

Sure do.

Please Thank you very much.
    PMed

Got it. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    PMed

JZG is an excellent place to take a slow walk/stroll, enjoy the place, not onli take photos...do consider.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Yes. I hope I can extend a few days in the vicinity after the end of the actual tour.

Thank you, CYRN.

Planning to do it in September; one month before the peak period -- to avoid the masses even though I'll most likely miss the Autumn foliage.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    JZG is an excellent place to take a slow walk/stroll, enjoy the place, not onli take photos...do consider.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    I went during winter last year during late march/early april (before earthquake)..

from 1 April of the Year, it will be Peak Season charge...so it is more expensive like S$50 per day i think..
    Your memory showed sign of failing. hee hee

Before 1st April, you get 2 days for the ticket. 1st April and onward, you pay the same price but only 1 day entry.