Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    anyway, this is kopitiam. say what you guys fancy.

oh yes, iphone is a great phone indeed.
    as to why the other operators are not adopting iphone, it really could imply the platform is still not stable yet.

yes, there are good phones out there, but there are equal amount of bad phones as well.
    i am surprised too you had not done your research well enough.

i was from the telco sector and my contacts from within is still in tact. anyway, i assume you are not from this industry.

i saw and i experienced dropped calls connecting via a few iphones. Coincidence? probably!
    It dosen't mesh... I mean... regardless of what's being said about iPhone, it's an international cash cow. Why does a business not enter into competition when there's an obvious cash cow at hand.

If anione think the capital cost of our iPhone is expensive... wait till you see what's the plan for a locked iPhone over in US...

I was using WM based phones and there are some design lemons too... my Touch Duo nice to look, nice to hold... but being Windowz it's operations is, for lack of better word "jerky" with extreme lag. My music player hangs the entire phone when there's an incoming call. My U1000 isn't any better, speed wise, but it's forgiven due to the only 5" screen available...
    Last edited by CYRN; 10th January 2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

anyway guys, for those who love to have an iphone, go get it. what i say, whether truthful or not, does not need to make any difference. perhaps there are real gurus here who knows much more. listen to them. they are more knowledgeable than me indeed.

what i say does not need to make sense to consumers. guess i should not be saying so much as these are info i get from people who evaluate and test out these phones. since it is all about marketing i am sure what you understand is good.

have a nice day gentlemen.

i am surprised too you had not done your research well enough.

i was from the telco sector and my contacts from within is still in tact. anyway, i assume you are not from this industry.

i saw and i experienced dropped calls connecting via a few iphones. Coincidence? probably!
    You were from the telco sector? Does that mean that you were selling hand phones in a store? It could mean anything.

In any case, some phones are better than others when holding on to a signal. CDMA phones are much better in that regard than GSM, from my experience. AT&T here has a lousy record for dropped calls and had to change their advertising for "fewest dropped calls" but it seems rather typical of GSM, at least in the U.S.A.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of people who have experienced dropped calls on iPhone 3G and Apple did deliver an update to minimise those but they still can't fix the telcos.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    You were from the telco sector? Does that mean that you were selling hand phones in a store? It could mean anything.

In any case, some phones are better than others when holding on to a signal. CDMA phones are much better in that regard than GSM, from my experience. AT&T here has a lousy record for dropped calls and had to change their advertising for "fewest dropped calls" but it seems rather typical of GSM, at least in the U.S.A.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of people who have experienced dropped calls on iPhone 3G and Apple did deliver an update to minimise those but they still can't fix the telcos.
    stop making fun of me ok. i was not a teenager selling hp at a shop.
    i used to work very closely with people in the product department as i need to wait for their endorsement on new products.
    it is pointless talking to you. like i said, peace. i did not offend you and hope you do not start a fire here. if you want to pick on me, then i have nothing to say as i dont see you as a person anyway. its only a kopitiam.

as i have said earlier, if you think iphone is a great phone, go for it.

pls do not pick on what i had said as i was sharing from what i know.

if you guys need to go shallow to pick on me, then go ahead.

i have to agree iphone is great because some people think it is. so since it is a herd instinct, let it be then.

have a nice day

Personal opinion after using the iPhone 3G 16GB since mid December 08.

Pros:
    • Love the lovely screen, the interface and the sheer connectivity.
    • Also love its secondary function as an iPod (excellent music quality), works great with my Westone UM1s especially when running.
    • Very user-friendly, only need to bring the USB-charger cable when I go travellling so can charge it from my notebook or any PC with a USB port (no more clunky phone chargers!)
    • Have not experienced a dropped call, on the contrary, the speaker is very clear (even a friend with hearing problems liked it)

Cons:
    • Slight lag when having too many open applications (but hey, even my notebook is like that with 2GB or RAM)
    • Camera is quite crap, no flash (I miss my K800i's camera!)
    • Cannot forward contact or SMS

Conclusion is, apart from some very minor issues, I love my iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    Personal opinion after using the iPhone 3G 16GB since mid December 08.

Pros:
    • Love the lovely screen, the interface and the sheer connectivity.
    • Also love its secondary function as an iPod (excellent music quality), works great with my Westone UM1s especially when running.
    • Very user-friendly, only need to bring the USB-charger cable when I go travellling so can charge it from my notebook or any PC with a USB port (no more clunky phone chargers!)
    • Have not experienced a dropped call, on the contrary, the speaker is very clear (even a friend with hearing problems liked it)

Cons:
    • Slight lag when having too many open applications (but hey, even my notebook is like that with 2GB or RAM)
    • Camera is quite crap, no flash (I miss my K800i's camera!)
    • Cannot forward contact or SMS

Conclusion is, apart from some very minor issues, I love my iPhone!
    iPhone can open many applications meh? I thought once you press the Home button, the current application is terminated? I thought it is purposely designed not to run >= 2 apps at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    iPhone can open many applications meh? I thought once you press the Home button, the current application is terminated? I thought it is purposely designed not to run >= 2 apps at same time.
    well, you can have the ipod running in the background while you open safari.. so doesn't that count as 2?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    well, you can have the ipod running in the background while you open safari.. so doesn't that count as 2?
    jailbreak and there an apps to allow bg program execution.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    jailbreak and there an apps to allow bg program execution.
    no point la.. iphone and safari (or whatever) already got lag.. unless you manage to increase the internal memory of the iphone, its pointless IMHO

anyway, this is kopitiam. say what you guys fancy.

oh yes, iphone is a great phone indeed.
    Sure or not I got mime New Year Eve canot forward cannot cut & paste
    Can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Can help?
    Jailbreak.

As a Nokia fan, i already am using the Nokia 5800XpressMusic from last mth. It comes with a 8gb SDHC card, using a 16gb card is no problem. it was even tested with a 32gb card & no problem either. It has a 16:9 ratio screen, though 20% smaller than iphone's but 50% more pixel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Can help?
    bro, me no expert in phone anymore.
    if you need help, the pretty xmm are quite up to speed with knowledge. u need me recommend you afew to teach ya how to zeng your iphone? k, better not say too much here.

and, welcome to the iphone club...

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Or the Nokia Music Xpress 5800!
    no la. 5800 isnt an iphone killer. been using it for a few weeks alr, damn hard to find applications thats compatible with the touch screen still. heard nokia will come out w a n-series full touch screen too so hopefully content developers will come up w more free apps!

but right now, besides the lack of applications, i quite love my phone. no urge to go iphone.
    Last edited by pfurr; 11th January 2009 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    no la. 5800 isnt an iphone killer. been using it for a few weeks alr, damn hard to find applications thats compatible with the touch screen still. heard nokia will come out w a n-series full touch screen too so hopefully content developers will come up w more free apps!

but right now, besides the lack of applications, i quite love my phone. no urge to go iphone.
    WHAT???? U HAVE THE 5800??? Damn what planet am I living here man... I asked around and they all said Feb. Can I try your phone pretty please??

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    WHAT???? U HAVE THE 5800??? Damn what planet am I living here man... I asked around and they all said Feb. Can I try your phone pretty please??
    Mobilesqure sold out alr?
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

bro, me no expert in phone anymore.
    if you need help, the pretty xmm are quite up to speed with knowledge. u need me recommend you afew to teach ya how to zeng your iphone? k, better not say too much here.

and, welcome to the iphone club...
    Ya start a thread for discussion of Iphone & let more people love I-phone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123