Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

Hmm..hi guys, i saw the note that all singtel shop have put up, STARHUB wont be getting iphone... so on... so i guess starhub wont be taking in any iphone and so is M1? my assumption only, anyway iphone for ione plus for 8gb is $689, 16gb is abt 700+, so will you guys get it? or? LOL...

If you want the iPhone bad enough, then just buy without contract lor.. think around 1.2k for 16GB from MobileSquare

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    If you want the iPhone bad enough, then just buy without contract lor.. think around 1.2k for 16GB from MobileSquare
    Where is MobileSquare?
    How much for 8 Gb? Maybe it's cheaper without contract then (if you count the cost of the expensive contracts)...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/

Located in Far East Plaza, Scotts. $150 diff between the 8GB and the 16GB, might as well go for 16GB

I still waiting for e63
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    I still waiting for e63
    I was cursing when I heard about the E63. My E71's 2.5mm jack is really annoying. Grrr....

get a 2.5 > 3.5 converter loh.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I was cursing when I heard about the E63. My E71's 2.5mm jack is really annoying. Grrr....
    Eh dont nee to curse the reviews say the audio quality is horrible http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e63-review-305.php
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    get a 2.5 > 3.5 converter loh.
    Still annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Eh dont nee to curse the reviews say the audio quality is horrible http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e63-review-305.php
    Curses! Probably the same sh!t audio they put in the E71.

Thank God I have my iPod touch for everything else. I hope the 5800 MusicXpress is good enough to replace both my iPod Touch and E71....

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    I thot Starhub said that they were gonna start carrying iPhone late 2008 but it's now 2009 already and seems like no news. Singtel still having monopoly with its exorbitant plans! Anyone has any idea if and when the other telcos gonna have iPhone??
    the economy is so bad...i doubt they will want it unless the profit margin is attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    iphone is over hyped.
    True......everyone should try HTC Touch HD.......i found it better than iPhone.....

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    for those still thinking about the 3G iphone, go google. there is some serious drop calls problems. to reduce the drop calls problem, you have to switch to 2G mode.

yes its hip, its huge, its an iphone. maybe wait for third generation iphone for them to fix up some of the bugs first. but with steve job ill, the company direction is currently going through abit of choppy waters.
    I'm always surprised at how these rumours become facts.

While people are checking the internet for iPhone problems, they should discount a lot of the U.S. AT&T users because AT&T drops calls regularly on any phone, not just iPhone. Unfortunately, Apple signed an exclusive 5 year agreement with them, which means (from June), 3 years of more bad service and expensive plans.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I'm always surprised at how these rumours become facts.

While people are checking the internet for iPhone problems, they should discount a lot of the U.S. AT&T users because AT&T drops calls regularly on any phone, not just iPhone. Unfortunately, Apple signed an exclusive 5 year agreement with them, which means (from June), 3 years of more bad service and expensive plans.
    i am surprised too you had not done your research well enough.

i was from the telco sector and my contacts from within is still in tact. anyway, i assume you are not from this industry.

i saw and i experienced dropped calls connecting via a few iphones. Coincidence? probably!
    Last edited by contaxable; 10th January 2009 at 01:11 AM.

as to why the other operators are not adopting iphone, it really could imply the platform is still not stable yet.

yes, there are good phones out there, but there are equal amount of bad phones as well.

anyway, this is kopitiam. say what you guys fancy.

oh yes, iphone is a great phone indeed.

iphone.

lolz.

i own a samsung omnia. never regretted it. iphone ? even if its free, no thanks.

call drops ? its common. i own 2 lines, starhub and m1.. both have disconnections... on 2g or 3g networks. certain locations i get no signal from starhub.. but m1 has it.

take for instance going to JB. at JB customs, i still have starhub signal. at Angsana shopping centre(jb) at the carpark(outside) i get starhub signal compared to everyone in my family who gets malaysian signal and my m1 has no autoroam. Oops. forgot to mention, i dont have autoroam or any form of roaming on my starhub or m1

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    IIRC the e63 is fatter and it's exterior is plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/

Located in Far East Plaza, Scotts. $150 diff between the 8GB and the 16GB, might as well go for 16GB
    Thanks... surprised only $150 difference... I thot the 8Gb would be much cheaper... At the price they are selling it, I will not be getting one from them for now... unless I strike some windfall...

On the issue of dropped calls... isn't that more to do with the telco's network? Although I know the phone does play a part... but it is not nearly as significant as the telco.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    as to why the other operators are not adopting iphone, it really could imply the platform is still not stable yet
    LOL. Kinda ridiculous to say that considering that it's already at its second iteration and is being used by a lot of other telcos.

It's no secret that Singtel won the iPhone bidding thus allowing them to have some sort of exclusivity arrangement with Apple. I somehow sensed something fishy when Starhub and M1 announced that they wouldn't be able to bring it in in time for last Christmas (and Singtel trumpeting that)... guess this is part of the "deal". Yeah, conspiracy theory.

Anyway, looking forward to Starhub bringing the iPhone in soon. My contract with them is about to end in a couple of months.

:Later,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast