Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    I thot Starhub said that they were gonna start carrying iPhone late 2008 but it's now 2009 already and seems like no news. Singtel still having monopoly with its exorbitant plans! Anyone has any idea if and when the other telcos gonna have iPhone??
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  2. #2
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    they delayed their plan til this yr, exactly when we dont know.

    but iphone isnt raking in sales as expected, it even made a loss over it

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    they delayed their plan til this yr, exactly when we dont know.

    but iphone isnt raking in sales as expected, it even made a loss over it
    I see a lot of people using it leh...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  4. #4
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Yeah, but still not enough to cover the subsidy singtel gave.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    iphone is over hyped.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Yeah, but still not enough to cover the subsidy singtel gave.
    Got subsidy meh? I don't think they make loss... they get their cost/ profit back from the subscription... The phone may appear not to be costly but over 2 years of expensive subsciption... they earn much more than a one off phone sale!
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  7. #7
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Got subsidy meh? I don't think they make loss... they get their cost/ profit back from the subscription... The phone may appear not to be costly but over 2 years of expensive subsciption... they earn much more than a one off phone sale!
    yah. an iPhone bought outright is cheaper than an iPhone plus plan with SingTel by almost 800 bucks. it's madness.
    chicken fight!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    I thot Starhub said that they were gonna start carrying iPhone late 2008 but it's now 2009 already and seems like no news. Singtel still having monopoly with its exorbitant plans! Anyone has any idea if and when the other telcos gonna have iPhone??
    What made you think SH or M1 would give you cheaper plans?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    iphone is over hyped.
    hyped up by who? People using Apple computers less than 10%, how to hype up so much?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Starhub is now happier with the exclusive ipod killer .... the HTC HD
    always the Light, .... always.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Or the Nokia Music Xpress 5800!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    What made you think SH or M1 would give you cheaper plans?
    Because they would have to compete with Singtel.
    Now Singtel has monopoly... noone to compete with... therefore, no need for "competitive prices".

    Btw, had iPhone prices or phone plans come down since it first launched?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Because they would have to compete with Singtel.
    Now Singtel has monopoly... noone to compete with... therefore, no need for "competitive prices".

    Btw, had iPhone prices or phone plans come down since it first launched?
    I dun tink the plan got change...

    Even with "competition" you can see that all 3 services offers their unique advantage and if you do your maths... so far all phone subscription ends up more or less similar. why would SH or M1 give a significantly better deal. Personally I dun think there's much leeway for the 3 telcos to fight on price.... considering that our iPhones are unlocked (by law) and I dun tink apple would like unlocked iPhones flooding the controlled markets.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    I don't think the price plans are very expensive lah. .used to pay $50+ for my M1 for 500 SMS, 300 minutes (super off peak rate), now I'm paying Singtel $50+ for 200 minutes (any time) and 1GB of data. If you don't get the iPhone with the data, then might as well don't bother. If you're like me, and love the connectivity (either 3G or wireless) at ALL times, then the iPhone with data plan is perfect!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I dun tink the plan got change...

    Even with "competition" you can see that all 3 services offers their unique advantage and if you do your maths... so far all phone subscription ends up more or less similar. why would SH or M1 give a significantly better deal. Personally I dun think there's much leeway for the 3 telcos to fight on price.... considering that our iPhones are unlocked (by law) and I dun tink apple would like unlocked iPhones flooding the controlled markets.
    I'm fed up with Singtel with this iPhone cos they don't allow me to buy iPhone on my current plan. My current plan is a corporate plan... very cheap... haha.... but I don't mind to pay more for the phone. I rather pay more for phone than more for plan. Paying more for plan comes up to more more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    I don't think the price plans are very expensive lah. .used to pay $50+ for my M1 for 500 SMS, 300 minutes (super off peak rate), now I'm paying Singtel $50+ for 200 minutes (any time) and 1GB of data. If you don't get the iPhone with the data, then might as well don't bother. If you're like me, and love the connectivity (either 3G or wireless) at ALL times, then the iPhone with data plan is perfect!
    My current plan costs $14! Free 150 mins peak, Free 50 mins off-peak, Free 360 SMS, Free caller ID and auto-roaming. I have never exceeded the free 360 SMS and rarely exceeded the free talktime when I had a landline... so my bill was always below $20! When I did not have a landline anymore, of course I used my hp more but even without a landline, my bill hardly exceeds $30... mostly in the low $20's. So paying $50+ for a hp plan is VERY EXPENSIVE to me! Currently, my hp + broadband plan added together is around $50... sometimes even less!!!

    With so many wireless hotspots, I don't find data plan a necessity. Now I don't have a data plan but I sometimes use my phone to check things online too. Just pay as I go as I don't often have a critical need for it. With a wireless phone, it will be great to surf for free at all those hotspots!
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    I'm fed up with Singtel with this iPhone cos they don't allow me to buy iPhone on my current plan. My current plan is a corporate plan... very cheap... haha.... but I don't mind to pay more for the phone. I rather pay more for phone than more for plan. Paying more for plan comes up to more more!



    My current plan costs $14! Free 150 mins peak, Free 50 mins off-peak, Free 360 SMS, Free caller ID and auto-roaming. I have never exceeded the free 360 SMS and rarely exceeded the free talktime when I had a landline... so my bill was always below $20! When I did not have a landline anymore, of course I used my hp more but even without a landline, my bill hardly exceeds $30... mostly in the low $20's. So paying $50+ for a hp plan is VERY EXPENSIVE to me! Currently, my hp + broadband plan added together is around $50... sometimes even less!!!

    With so many wireless hotspots, I don't find data plan a necessity. Now I don't have a data plan but I sometimes use my phone to check things online too. Just pay as I go as I don't often have a critical need for it. With a wireless phone, it will be great to surf for free at all those hotspots!
    If that's the case, you don't actually need the iPhone. The iPod Touch is a cheaper alternative. Just buy and go. No contract needed.

    The only hassle is carrying two devices but in a materialistic world, two is better than one.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    for those still thinking about the 3G iphone, go google. there is some serious drop calls problems. to reduce the drop calls problem, you have to switch to 2G mode.

    yes its hip, its huge, its an iphone. maybe wait for third generation iphone for them to fix up some of the bugs first. but with steve job ill, the company direction is currently going through abit of choppy waters.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    for those still thinking about the 3G iphone, go google. there is some serious drop calls problems. to reduce the drop calls problem, you have to switch to 2G mode.

    yes its hip, its huge, its an iphone. maybe wait for third generation iphone for them to fix up some of the bugs first. but with steve job ill, the company direction is currently going through abit of choppy waters.
    Actually, I never experience a dropped call in Sg before. I bought the iPhone during it's launch and so far so good.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    I'm fed up with Singtel with this iPhone cos they don't allow me to buy iPhone on my current plan. My current plan is a corporate plan... very cheap... haha.... but I don't mind to pay more for the phone. I rather pay more for phone than more for plan. Paying more for plan comes up to more more!
    Definitely cannot use existing plan, even non-corporate users need to change and subscribe to their iFlexi plans, myself included.

    Maybe check with Singtel what corporate plans they have for iPhones? Or maybe they have corporate discounts for the iFlexi plans.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is Starhub or M1 going to sell iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    If that's the case, you don't actually need the iPhone. The iPod Touch is a cheaper alternative. Just buy and go. No contract needed.

    The only hassle is carrying two devices but in a materialistic world, two is better than one.
    Why don't I need the iPhone? There are many features in the iPod which I know I will use.
    The iPod Touch is something I definitely don't need... since I already have an iPod!

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Definitely cannot use existing plan, even non-corporate users need to change and subscribe to their iFlexi plans, myself included.

    Maybe check with Singtel what corporate plans they have for iPhones? Or maybe they have corporate discounts for the iFlexi plans.
    Yah, waiting for my Aunt, whose corporate plan I'm on now, to update me.... but seems like they haven't come up with any corporate plans for iPhone.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •