Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 617

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

  1. #101
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i mean if i take photo from a public area, i should hv the freedom to shoot what i want rite?
    therefore, i should not be stopped.
    by law, no one can stop you.
    how about by ?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #102
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    by law, no one can stop you.
    how about by ?
    Different people have different 道.

    Some will have less 道.

    Worse ones will have no 道.

  3. #103
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If I have a shop I'll put a sign up big big:

    "Photography Welcomed!"
    Owner prepared to pose!"


    Any goodwill and publicity are good for business.
    you also need to prepare some model release form for the photographers, a comp or notebook to download images instantly, and not forget a donation box states "minimum donation of S$10 is recommended".
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #104
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by sion View Post
    different people have different 道.

    Some will have less 道.

    Worse ones will have no 道.
    子曰:


    道可道,非常道。
    名可名,非常名。


    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #105
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    子曰:


    道可道,非常道。
    名可名,非常名。


    translation plz!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  6. #106
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    translation plz!
    taken from wikipedia

    道可道,非常道。 (Tao (way or path) can be said, not usual way)
    "The Way that can be described is not the true Way."
    名可名,非常名。 (names can be named, not usual names)
    "The Name that can be named is not the constant Name."
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #107
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    taken from wikipedia

    道可道,非常道。 (Tao (way or path) can be said, not usual way)
    "The Way that can be described is not the true Way."
    名可名,非常名。 (names can be named, not usual names)
    "The Name that can be named is not the constant Name."
    ah. i asked for the benefit of our non chinese reading/speaking members.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #108

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    there's an idea...i am sick of these property owners who think they also own the sidewalks that their buildings are on though...
    funny,
    under my title deeds, i do own the sidewalk
    that my unit sits on.
    would that make u happier?

    anyway,
    a nation that forgos freedom for sercurity deserves neither.

    by living this way,
    the terrorists won.

    jude

  9. #109
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    funny,
    under my title deeds, i do own the sidewalk
    that my unit sits on.
    would that make u happier?

    anyway,
    a nation that forgos freedom for sercurity deserves neither.

    by living this way,
    the terrorists won.

    jude
    show le. next you'll be saying you own the surrounding road too. but i agree with your point about losing.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  10. #110
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by bengchiat View Post
    funny,
    under my title deeds, i do own the sidewalk
    that my unit sits on.
    would that make u happier?

    anyway,
    a nation that forgos freedom for sercurity deserves neither.

    by living this way,
    the terrorists won.

    jude
    overzealous unneccessary actions is the REAL issue with neglect on real security issues, and not its absence. i think you got the reverse of the situation.

    we have an escape of the terrorist-to-be in singapore, but many people learnt no lesson from it and continue to focus on the opposite. taking on the least likely people who are the easiest to harass and ignoring suspicious personnel becos of lack of judgement call, is exactly the situation.

    visual inspection and ability to walk in and around, carries the same extent of risk to security as much as photography does, which is why genuine security concerns exert control on all three aspects. at least the security guards at mustafa limits and control carrying in of bags to prevent theft, and that is done without discrimination.
    Last edited by zoossh; 8th January 2009 at 01:13 PM.

  11. #111

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    my new reply from STB.

    Dear Mr Yeo

    Greetings from the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).

    We have forwarded your feedback to Chinatown Chinese New Year Organising Committee, KAKSCCC and requested them to reply you directly.

    We seek your patience while awaiting their reply.

    Yours sincerely
    Koreen Ng (Ms)
    Senior Officer
    Service Culture,Assessment & Feedback Department
    Service Quality Division
    Address: Tourism Court,1 Orchard Spring Lane,Singapore 247729
    DID65)6831 3460|Fax65)6490 4482|website: www.visitsingapore.com
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  12. #112
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    my new reply from STB.

    Dear Mr Yeo

    Greetings from the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).

    We have forwarded your feedback to Chinatown Chinese New Year Organising Committee, KAKSCCC and requested them to reply you directly.

    We seek your patience while awaiting their reply.

    Yours sincerely
    Koreen Ng (Ms)
    Senior Officer
    Service Culture,Assessment & Feedback Department
    Service Quality Division
    Address: Tourism Court,1 Orchard Spring Lane,Singapore 247729
    DID65)6831 3460|Fax65)6490 4482|website: www.visitsingapore.com
    are u adding the frowny faces?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  13. #113

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    are u adding the frowny faces?
    i didn't, its by nature.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  14. #114
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    where can we find singapore law stating the rights and limitations of photography on a website of authority that we can print out and show if needed? is there a book with such a chapter that we can photostat and bring around?

  15. #115
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    If so easy, lawyers no need to make business liao :P

    As far as I'm aware, there is no textbook talking about laws relating to photography in Singapore. There are books for laws in other countries though, although how much they apply here is another question. Most of these books are not even legal texts, but photogrpahy instructional books, similar to those you find teaching pple how to do wedding photography or the like, from Amphoto or other similar publishers.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    where can we find singapore law stating the rights and limitations of photography on a website of authority that we can print out and show if needed? is there a book with such a chapter that we can photostat and bring around?

  16. #116

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    where can we find singapore law stating the rights and limitations of photography on a website of authority that we can print out and show if needed? is there a book with such a chapter that we can photostat and bring around?




    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  17. #117

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    kana stop for taking photo in chinatown...in a tourist area...

    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  18. #118
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Where did you see this?

  19. #119
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    He said Chinatown. Actually for Chinatown, for those road side stalls, they really cant do much to stop you. However, what will probably happen is that they will use their bodies to block your way.

  20. #120
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Where in Chinatown?

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •