Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

Thats good

vince123123
    Guests

Before you use a broad brush to tar everyone, some of us may have already checked before we do the "chest thumping" that you have put the label on

Quote Originally Posted by nuanda View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you for your your post! Quite apart from being hilarious, it actually answers the query many have about whether one can or cannot take photos in public and whether the police can stop you.

Even better still, it also shows the right way to check / follow up. Sure beats a lot of griping and chest thumping and 'it is our god given right to shoot' posts that appear all too often on threads like this!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    u're out to sexpose all these double standards aren't u?
    EDMW talk spotted.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    EDMW talk spotted.
    i like how they talk sometimes. i always go there for a cheap laugh. its always readily available and they're not imbeciles like stomp.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Before you use a broad brush to tar everyone, some of us may have already checked before we do the "chest thumping" that you have put the label on
    Haha. I tell it like it is and I certainly do not suggest that everyone on these threads is like that.

There is a clear difference between sharing a good/bad experience sensibly so that everyone takes something away from the thread, it is another thing altogether to come to CS to KPKB ... and the same thing happens again.. and the KPKB starts again... that's just a waste of everyone's time to read it.

For those who have checked, it pays to explain in more detail what happened and why, otherwise the reader may (naturally) conclude the worst of the person posting.

I sometimes wonder if some of the photographers who get stopped deserve what they get. I mean, it can't be the case that everyone who stops a photographer is rude or unreasonable, surely it is a 2 way street. And surely legal or not legal is not the be all and end all, common sense and sensitivity to others' concerns must surely come into the picture?

u're out to sexpose all these double standards aren't u?
    i 1 2 change the world..... juz dreaming.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

You can take photos here .... provided u print this out at take it with you in case u are asked to leave...

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.p...d=19&Itemid=81
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

vince123123
    Guests

If you're telling it like it is, then you are tarring everyone in the same broad brush that you denied in the next part of that sentence.

I guess if you do a search, you may be able to find the "details" that you are looking for. After all, those who have checked it out before, say 3 years ago and posted the details then, are not inclined to repeat the details again and again when these common threads are posted.

Sometimes, you also need to experience these "requests" then you can judge for yourself if photographers asked for it

Haha. I tell it like it is and I certainly do not suggest that everyone on these threads is like that.

There is a clear difference between sharing a good/bad experience sensibly so that everyone takes something away from the thread, it is another thing altogether to come to CS to KPKB ... and the same thing happens again.. and the KPKB starts again... that's just a waste of everyone's time to read it.

For those who have checked, it pays to explain in more detail what happened and why, otherwise the reader may (naturally) conclude the worst of the person posting.

I sometimes wonder if some of the photographers who get stopped deserve what they get. I mean, it can't be the case that everyone who stops a photographer is rude or unreasonable, surely it is a 2 way street. And surely legal or not legal is not the be all and end all, common sense and sensitivity to others' concerns must surely come into the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    If you're telling it like it is, then you are tarring everyone in the same broad brush that you denied in the next part of that sentence.

I guess if you do a search, you may be able to find the "details" that you are looking for. After all, those who have checked it out before, say 3 years ago and posted the details then, are not inclined to repeat the details again and again when these common threads are posted.

Sometimes, you also need to experience these "requests" then you can judge for yourself if photographers asked for it
    Bro,

I am not suggesting that everyone is like that. I am saying there are *some*, and it is self-evident from their posts. I have read thru the whole thread and other similar threads. I certainly do not intend to belittle the meaningful comments made by you and others who have posted on this and similar threads. in fact you guys shoudl be given an award for explaining the same darn few things time and again.

All I am saying here, is that there is alot of inane KPKB on these threads. Frankly it is (to me at least) irritating to read/see it again and again just so you can get to the more informative parts of the thread. It's like how you need to eat a lot of ice kachang to get at the atap chee, just that ice kachang nicer. It also makes me wonder (once again, entirely subjective) why some of these chaps don't do a search. And I get this feeling that a dogged insistence on what is a photographer's "right" and what is "legal" for a security guard / waiter / etc to do or not do, is precisely the wrong approach. When everything is boiled down so quickly (or so it seems to me) to stark black and white "You/I can" and "You/I cannot" answers, where is the graciousness? Leaving aside the security guard / waiter / etc, is a photographer in such cases just an ugly Singaporean with a big camera 9 out of 10 times? If I am accused of tarring this particularly sub-set of photographers/forummers with a broad brush, then I am guilty as charged.

I have never experienced a nasty "request" in my life. But as someone on (i think) this thread has pointed out, it seems the ones who are more than happy to deal with the "requests" are often the ones who are not on the receiving end. You can be sure that I will never just post up a pure KPKB drivel post!
    Last edited by nuanda; 3rd June 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    You can take photos here .... provided u print this out at take it with you in case u are asked to leave...

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.p...d=19&Itemid=81
    How does this sit with the "Botanic Gardens must apply for permission" view?

vince123123
    Guests

Okay, point taken I think I could have been the one saying the point in the last paragraph; but can't be sure. That said, I do notice that these things seldom happen to me for some strange reason :P

Bro,

I am not suggesting that everyone is like that. I am saying there are *some*, and it is self-evident from their posts. I have read thru the whole thread and other similar threads. I certainly do not intend to belittle the meaningful comments made by you and others who have posted on this and similar threads. in fact you guys shoudl be given an award for explaining the same darn few things time and again.

All I am saying here, is that there is alot of inane KPKB on these threads. Frankly it is (to me at least) irritating to read/see it again and again just so you can get to the more informative parts of the thread. It's like how you need to eat a lot of ice kachang to get at the atap chee, just that ice kachang nicer. It also makes me wonder (once again, entirely subjective) why some of these chaps don't do a search. And I get this feeling that a dogged insistence on what is a photographer's "right" and what is "legal" for a security guard / waiter / etc to do or not do, is precisely the wrong approach IMHO. When everything is boiled down so quickly (or so it seems to me) to stark black and white "You/I can" and "You/I cannot" answers, where is the graciousness? Leaving aside the security guard / waiter / etc, is a photographer in such cases just an ugly Singaporean 9 out of 10 times? If I am accused of tarring this particularly sub-set of photographers/forummers with a broad brush, then I am guilty as charged.

I have never experienced a nasty "request" in my life. But as someone on (i think) this thread has pointed out, it seems the ones who are more than happy to deal with the "requests" are often the ones who are not on the receiving end. You can be sure that I will never just post up a pure KPKB drivel post!

Arrow Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

I've been reading this thread and it's a O and 8, no beginning and no end. We'll be discussing the same issues again a few months later.

Where can I find in the law book which states that you can take photos as long that you're in public areas.

Where's the photographers union ?

Today I just got told off by a "BOY SCOUT" too when I shot this scene of a public photoshoot in the middle of ALL THINGS PUBLIC.

Too bad I was in a rush to go off somewhere else, or else I would have TOLD off that idiotic security guard.

Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Today I just got told off by a "BOY SCOUT" too when I shot this scene of a public photoshoot in the middle of ALL THINGS PUBLIC.

Too bad I was in a rush to go off somewhere else, or else I would have TOLD off that idiotic security guard.

what time was this?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Even at a paid organised shoot in public, no one has the right to stop or tell off any passerbys grabbing some or many shots. But of course, the organiser would usually try to stop the passerbys and freeloaders.

Looks like a major/big budget shoot involving some big client or celebrity.

what time was this?
    Afternoon abt 2pm
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

must be the hardcore christian koreans on recruitment drive.
    Or moonies representing reverand moon from Korea...
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

vince123123
    Guests

Afternoon abt 2pm

Wah where was this at sia? I never seen local scenes set up until so tua zhong before (although this is not considered tua zhong overseas )

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    heheh... dun tell u.

did she refer to the older women next to you as the sister, or is she refering to some other people who is not around when she ask you?

most koreans i came across dun speak mandarin at all. the rare few speak with a very heavy accent. some celebrities managed well with mandarin though they may have just memorised it. i just find it very unusual for the person to approach you in mandarin rather than in simple english (which is more commonly spoken as a common language except for native mandarin speakers). beyond that, anything is plain wild guess.

i often get calls from strangers who do not know me, only want to speak in mandarin and who do not understand simple english at all, and i know they are not locals. given the rampancy of frauds, i typically ignore them. i guess supposedly if there is anything "suspicious", your offering to call the police, other than to protect your photographing rights, will also help to clear from further harassment arising from such possibilities.
    Actually, many Koreans are capable of speaking Mandarin as many of them finished studies in China in the 70's and 80's. Just that we don't meet as many of them as we would like to. Just look at them geographically, a lot of their tourism also comes from the north.

Anyone shot models at Raffles Hotel arcade before and got away with it?

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728 ... LastLast