Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1520232425262730 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 617

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

  1. #481

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I don't agree.

    1. look for something to shoot if you care to walk beyond Orchard Road
    2. many thing worth shooting if you care to look around
    3. it is better than keeping in the cabinet and collect dust. Let the camera exercises.

    Yeap!! agreed!!! There are really many things worth shooting!!!
    Nikon D300

  2. #482
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,667

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I don't agree.

    1. look for something to shoot if you care to walk beyond Orchard Road
    2. many thing worth shooting if you care to look around
    3. it is better than keeping in the cabinet and collect dust. Let the camera exercises.

    different people have different styles of shooting. what you like to shoot may not be what others' like to shoot. nth wrong with DCA feeling that there's nothing much/worth/better to shoot
    eat. drink. shoot

  3. #483
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    556

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    I would like to share the same experience as you all here.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...19#post5143919

  4. #484

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    From what the National Library and Esplanade management had told us, we can shoot, but we have to be discrete and not cause a nuisance.

    However, we still had to deal with the so call security guards who really had nothing better to do but harass photographers, especially local Asian photographers.

    Latest run in I saw, not me, but another photographer was hooting someone outside One Fullerton, All he had was a DSLR and 2 remotely triggered flash, small ones, he was harassed, he left with the models. Meanwhile I was with a bunch of Germans, I was playing tour guide, we were snapping happily all over the place, and we were definitely much louder, much less discrete, and probably making a nuisance of ourselves in some ways.

    Why were we not told to stop shooting? This is the saddest of all things.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 1st June 2009 at 01:37 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #485

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    DP, write in to all the newspapers.

    Somewhere in there may be racial discrimination (colour of skin), prejudice (against locals) as well as behaviour contrary to the good image of Singapore (all of the above).

    Better yet, get your German friends to write in.

  6. #486
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,905

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    From what the National Library and Esplanade management had told us, we can shoot, but we have to be discrete and not cause a nuisance.

    However, we still had to deal with the so call security guards who really had nothing better to do but harass photographers, especially local Asian photographers.

    Latest run in I saw, not me, but another photographer was hooting someone outside One Fullerton, All he had was a DSLR and 2 remotely triggered flash, small ones, he was harassed, he left with the models. Meanwhile I was with a bunch of Germans, I was playing tour guide, we were snapping happily all over the place, and we were definitely much louder, much less discrete, and probably making a nuisance of ourselves in some ways.

    Why were we not told to stop shooting? This is the saddest of all things.
    Call the chinese newspapers. They love to blow things up.

  7. #487

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    They stare at me, I stare at them back.

    I step into public space, take out long lens, and carry on shooting their LL faces...



    (And then we STOMP them!)

  8. #488

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    They stare at me, I stare at them back.

    I step into public space, take out long lens, and carry on shooting their LL faces...



    (And then we STOMP them!)
    very hostile... but i like the sentence in brackets

  9. #489

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    i'm really sick with those bunch of idi0ts!
    was taking pics inside the exhibition hall of food fair over the weekend and there was nothing
    happen untill i took the following pic showing a guy promoting his cleaning aids. suddenly
    i heard someone - sshee...ssheee from my right and when i turned around to look at him, he
    was waving his finger showing me 'no photo' sign.

    i was puzzled n juz stopped. becos i was not firm with my standing. i was not sure if i was
    allowed to take pic in an exhibition hall. are we? i think i'm regreted for not giving him a good time!

    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  10. #490
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,905

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i'm really sick with those bunch of idi0ts!
    was taking pics inside the exhibition hall of food fair over the weekend and there was nothing
    happen untill i took the following pic showing a guy promoting his cleaning aids. suddenly
    i heard someone - sshee...ssheee from my right and when i turned around to look at him, he
    was waving his finger showing me 'no photo' sign.

    i was puzzled n juz stopped. becos i was not firm with my standing. i was not sure if i was
    allowed to take pic in an exhibition hall. are we? i think i'm regreted for not giving him a good time!

    Take his pic and STOMP him

  11. #491
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i'm really sick with those bunch of idi0ts!
    was taking pics inside the exhibition hall of food fair over the weekend and there was nothing
    happen untill i took the following pic showing a guy promoting his cleaning aids. suddenly
    i heard someone - sshee...ssheee from my right and when i turned around to look at him, he
    was waving his finger showing me 'no photo' sign.

    i was puzzled n juz stopped. becos i was not firm with my standing. i was not sure if i was
    allowed to take pic in an exhibition hall. are we? i think i'm regreted for not giving him a good time!

    u should have said do u know who i am?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #492

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    almost got his CB face to showcase here but his back was facing me most of the time.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  13. #493
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    almost got his CB face to showcase here but his back was facing me most of the time.
    call back the newspaper and say u've got follow up stories for them and see what they say.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  14. #494

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    call back the newspaper and say u've got follow up stories for them and see what they say.



    cannot, he can twist his words.
    but the signs in chinatown is facts, that's what interest the media.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  15. #495
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    cannot, he can twist his words.
    but the signs in chinatown is facts, that's what interest the media.
    start carrying a tape recorder with u whenever u shoot in public.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  16. #496

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    i took this pic at an accident scene, with the TP inside the frame. i was stopped n kena
    left right by the TP on the left. he order me to delete the pic immediately but i refuse. he
    then threaten to issue me a summon for illegal parking which he doesnt know where my car
    is.

    i didn't delete the pic, that's why you can still see it here and i wrote a courtesy letter to
    the TP headquater for an explanation if i was allowed to take pic for an accident scene in
    a public place. i got a call 2 weeks later by an officer name jason and i was given assurance
    by him to take pics anywhere i like in public places. and he says the incident was a mistake.
    he has spoken to the 2 TPs and they will not repeat the mistake again.




    dont stop shooting!
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  17. #497

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i took this pic at an accident scene, with the TP inside the frame. i was stopped n kena
    left right by the TP on the left. he order me to delete the pic immediately but i refuse. he
    then threaten to issue me a summon for illegal parking which he doesnt know where my car
    is.

    i didn't delete the pic, that's why you can still see it here and i wrote a courtesy letter to
    the TP headquater for an explanation if i was allowed to take pic for an accident scene in
    a public place. i got a call 2 weeks later by an officer name jason and i was given assurance
    by him to take pics anywhere i like in public places. and he says the incident was a mistake.
    he has spoken to the 2 TPs and they will not repeat the mistake again.




    dont stop shooting!
    good one!
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

  18. #498

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i didn't delete the pic, that's why you can still see it here and i wrote a courtesy letter to
    the TP headquater for an explanation if i was allowed to take pic for an accident scene in
    a public place. i got a call 2 weeks later by an officer name jason and i was given assurance
    by him to take pics anywhere i like in public places. and he says the incident was a mistake.
    he has spoken to the 2 TPs and they will not repeat the mistake again.

    dont stop shooting!
    Thank you thank you thank you for your your post! Quite apart from being hilarious, it actually answers the query many have about whether one can or cannot take photos in public and whether the police can stop you.

    Even better still, it also shows the right way to check / follow up. Sure beats a lot of griping and chest thumping and 'it is our god given right to shoot' posts that appear all too often on threads like this!

  19. #499
    Member tammyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    brunei, malaysia, singapore
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    you are the man!
    haiz, i also kena the no photography allow nightmare when i was doin a shoot 2 weeks ago... :S


    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i took this pic at an accident scene, with the TP inside the frame. i was stopped n kena
    left right by the TP on the left. he order me to delete the pic immediately but i refuse. he
    then threaten to issue me a summon for illegal parking which he doesnt know where my car
    is.

    i didn't delete the pic, that's why you can still see it here and i wrote a courtesy letter to
    the TP headquater for an explanation if i was allowed to take pic for an accident scene in
    a public place. i got a call 2 weeks later by an officer name jason and i was given assurance
    by him to take pics anywhere i like in public places. and he says the incident was a mistake.
    he has spoken to the 2 TPs and they will not repeat the mistake again.




    dont stop shooting!
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

  20. #500
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i took this pic at an accident scene, with the TP inside the frame. i was stopped n kena
    left right by the TP on the left. he order me to delete the pic immediately but i refuse. he
    then threaten to issue me a summon for illegal parking which he doesnt know where my car
    is.

    i didn't delete the pic, that's why you can still see it here and i wrote a courtesy letter to
    the TP headquater for an explanation if i was allowed to take pic for an accident scene in
    a public place. i got a call 2 weeks later by an officer name jason and i was given assurance
    by him to take pics anywhere i like in public places. and he says the incident was a mistake.
    he has spoken to the 2 TPs and they will not repeat the mistake again.





    dont stop shooting!

    u're out to sexpose all these double standards aren't u?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1520232425262730 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •