Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 617

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

  1. #441
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    i hate to see anti social n anti photographer signs like the above.
    lately, when i was walking around, i saw a few shops with the
    unfriendly sign. it reflexes badly on our image as a singaporean
    becos it makes some tourists look so unwelcome especially when
    the sign is show in a tourists area like orchard n china town.

    as a photographer, how would u react to the sign?

    a little bit unfriendly, these signs should not be put up to those spots that are tourist spots like chinatown or orchard., luckily when i went to singapore i don't see any sign like this.. ehehehe
    but still it's not fair.. tourist, like me, went to singapore to see the beauty of it and the least i could do to bring home "some" singapore with me, aside from the souvenirs, is to take pictures as memories.. too bad for any place bringing up those signs..

  2. #442

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    today, i went to plaza sing to test my new breed, a 55-200 VR.
    juz when i was about to leave the place after some shooting,
    suddenly a woman comes after me from behind.

    the following is our conversation...(in chinese)

    woman: mister, mister.
    i turn around
    woman: mister, i think you have shot my sis into your frame, can you delete them?
    me: har!!? (i heard, but i was shock with her request)
    woman: are you a singaporean?
    me: yes, i am.
    woman: ok, juz now, i saw that you were pointing the cam to my sis direction, can you delete those pics?
    me: i dont know who is your sis and i dont know who i have shot in the frame. there are so many people here.
    woman: can you show me your camera?
    me: no. this is my property.
    woman: no, you must show me your camera and delete the pics.
    me: ok, you call the police now and i will wait.
    the woman than turns to another older woman next to me and interpret to her in korean.
    me: i tell you, i have the right to shoot anything in public, even if is LKY in here.
    woman: no, i afraid that you may do something funny to the pics with my sis.
    me: what kind of funny thing?
    woman: i dont know but on internet.
    me: ok, if you found any on internet, you can sue me.

    she than says ok and walk away.

    i think she was refering to this pic.




    there are a group of korean approaching young women outside the plaza. maybe up for
    something no good. so they dont 1 2 be photo.

    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  3. #443

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    ^^^ Dey I thought only if you "sell" the photo you can kena? Can you get sued for posting a photo for general display on a public domain like flickr, picasa etc etc if you have no intention of selling?

  4. #444
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    It is my view that in Singapore, the legal position does not distinguish between selling and non selling. Besides, there's nothing to get sued about even for selling, so long as there is nothing defamatory or outrage of modesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkNKL View Post
    ^^^ Dey I thought only if you "sell" the photo you can kena? Can you get sued for posting a photo for general display on a public domain like flickr, picasa etc etc if you have no intention of selling?

  5. #445

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Wah, steady sia ...
    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post

    the following is our conversation...(in chinese)

    woman: mister, mister.
    i turn around
    woman: mister, i think you have shot my sis into your frame, can you delete them?
    me: har!!? (i heard, but i was shock with her request)
    woman: are you a singaporean?
    me: yes, i am.
    woman: ok, juz now, i saw that you were pointing the cam to my sis direction, can you delete those pics?
    me: i dont know who is your sis and i dont know who i have shot in the frame. there are so many people here.
    woman: can you show me your camera?
    me: no. this is my property.
    woman: no, you must show me your camera and delete the pics.
    me: ok, you call the police now and i will wait.
    the woman than turns to another older woman next to me and interpret to her in korean.
    me: i tell you, i have the right to shoot anything in public, even if is LKY in here.
    woman: no, i afraid that you may do something funny to the pics with my sis.
    me: what kind of funny thing?
    woman: i dont know but on internet.
    me: ok, if you found any on internet, you can sue me.
    [ Flickr ]

  6. #446
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Well, it's courtesy to delete the picture if she absolutely feels uncomfortable with her being in it and personally makes a request to you.
    Last edited by Cartman2000; 25th May 2009 at 11:38 PM.

  7. #447

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    If the account is accurate, the woman was issuing an order and discourteous.

    woman: no, you must show me your camera and delete the pics.
    I guess it might have been different if she had requested nicely instead of demanding, but from what I gather, as long as no laws were brokne, the ultimate choice still resides with the intellectual property holder.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 26th May 2009 at 12:09 AM.

  8. #448
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    woman: mister, mister.
    i turn around
    woman: mister, i think you have shot my sis into your frame, can you delete them?
    me: har!!? (i heard, but i was shock with her request)
    woman: are you a singaporean?
    me: yes, i am.
    woman: ok, juz now, i saw that you were pointing the cam to my sis direction, can you delete those pics?
    me: i dont know who is your sis and i dont know who i have shot in the frame. there are so many people here.
    woman: can you show me your camera?
    me: no. this is my property.
    woman: no, you must show me your camera and delete the pics.
    me: ok, you call the police now and i will wait.
    the woman than turns to another older woman next to me and interpret to her in korean.
    me: i tell you, i have the right to shoot anything in public, even if is LKY in here.
    woman: no, i afraid that you may do something funny to the pics with my sis.
    me: what kind of funny thing?
    woman: i dont know but on internet.
    me: ok, if you found any on internet, you can sue me.

    she than says ok and walk away.




    Does it really matter if a photographer is local or not?

  9. #449

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Does it really matter if a photographer is local or not?
    Happened to me and friends before.

    I am guessing that it's based on the assumption that it's OKAY for TOURISTS to anyhow shoot, whereas our own locals ... If you think about it, it's a mentality that may have been cultivated for a very long time now.

  10. #450

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Does it really matter if a photographer is local or not?
    Is the reputation of Singapore photographers really that bad that even the Koreans are afraid of us?!

  11. #451

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcs View Post
    Wah, steady sia ...
    i didnt meant to BS her, if i can put my arm around him, why not for a photo?



    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  12. #452
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    hahah, madam tussards wax figure :P

  13. #453

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Well, it's courtesy to delete the picture if she absolutely feels uncomfortable with her being in it and personally makes a request to you.



    if we all always do that out of courtesy or to be nice, very soon we will be just showing
    our images taken in our camera around and not shooting.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

  14. #454

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    if we all always do that out of courtesy or to be nice, very soon we will be just showing
    our images taken in our camera around and not shooting.
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

  15. #455

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Ever seen people take night landscapes with flash? or fireworks with flash?
    yeap.. i did.. i saw a DSLR user using flash to take and landscape shot at night..
    Nikon D300

  16. #456
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    today, i went to plaza sing to test my new breed, a 55-200 VR.
    juz when i was about to leave the place after some shooting,
    suddenly a woman comes after me from behind.

    the following is our conversation...(in chinese)

    woman: mister, mister.
    i turn around
    woman: mister, i think you have shot my sis into your frame, can you delete them?
    me: har!!? (i heard, but i was shock with her request)
    woman: are you a singaporean?
    me: yes, i am.
    woman: ok, juz now, i saw that you were pointing the cam to my sis direction, can you delete those pics?
    me: i dont know who is your sis and i dont know who i have shot in the frame. there are so many people here.
    woman: can you show me your camera?
    me: no. this is my property.
    woman: no, you must show me your camera and delete the pics.
    me: ok, you call the police now and i will wait.
    the woman than turns to another older woman next to me and interpret to her in korean.
    me: i tell you, i have the right to shoot anything in public, even if is LKY in here.
    woman: no, i afraid that you may do something funny to the pics with my sis.
    me: what kind of funny thing?
    woman: i dont know but on internet.
    me: ok, if you found any on internet, you can sue me.

    she than says ok and walk away.

    i think she was refering to this pic.




    there are a group of korean approaching young women outside the plaza. maybe up for
    something no good. so they dont 1 2 be photo.

    must be the hardcore christian koreans on recruitment drive.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  17. #457
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Okay then, I guess every photographer is entitled to his/her own choice.

  18. #458
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    the following is our conversation...(in chinese)
    ...
    there are a group of korean approaching young women outside the plaza. maybe up for
    something no good. so they dont 1 2 be photo.

    you mean she is a mandarin-speaking korean?? does she carry a heavy accent?
    Last edited by zoossh; 26th May 2009 at 08:19 PM.

  19. #459
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    must be the hardcore christian koreans on recruitment drive.
    i supposed if we are taking candids of strangers who may have certain worries about their pictures being taken or shown, we can be a little bit more sensitive and avoid negative remarks. it is not all about rights. many photographers do hope to take streets and candids with less confrontations and i think our comments online does affect that relationship indirectly.

  20. #460
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    i supposed if we are taking candids of strangers who may have certain worries about their pictures being taken or shown, we can be a little bit more sensitive and avoid negative remarks. it is not all about rights. many photographers do hope to take streets and candids with less confrontations and i think our comments online does affect that relationship indirectly.
    no la im just stating candidly what their intent could be nothing exposing them or anything.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •