Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

nice one yeobt.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post

btw, hope you all can understand my half past six england translation.
    Bro, you did just fine with the translation. Thanks
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i wouldn't be so quick to consider this a victory until all these places permanently stop their bs instead of just laying low for now.
    Well. A few less aggressive shopkeepers will make it more pleasant for some. At least less tourists will view Singapore as an island inhabited by skunks.

Think about it. The Esplanade will probably have instructions to their security vendor to stop behaving like the Taliban. Just for that alone. Mr Yeo Boon Teck deserves a pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by bernards View Post
    Well. A few less aggressive shopkeepers will make it more pleasant for some. At least less tourists will view Singapore as an island inhabited by skunks.

Think about it. The Esplanade will probably have instructions to their security vendor to stop behaving like the Taliban. Just for that alone. Mr Yeo Boon Teck deserves a pat on the back.
    im just saying don't be too ready to celebrate. they sing a different tune now to cover backside. have to wait and see if change actually happen then can celebrate. regardless to yeobt for taking action.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

the only real way to find out is to "test water" loh.

and "occasional reminders" too

I'll definitely go to those mentioned place to shoot when I have time.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

wow great job yeobt! i've just read the full 8 pages of this post, what a great outcome. Although it might not change things very much, it is regardless a small step taken for our rights.

i'm going out to buy a copy tomorrow morning!
    Slow...yeah, steady... not really
    My Flickr | APAD2010

the management of the esplanade and NLB, both say that photography is allowed but plz try to be discreet. becos some ppl may not like to be captured into the pic.
    ie... no mirror-slapping DLSRs

thx for all the compliments. it is always sweet to hear that. keke

well, some of the explanation are obviously BS one lah. they were juz trying to cover
    their ugly side for putting up those ugly signages.

SM is not the best channel to express our unhappiness but at least our little voices are
    heard for now, we can and must stick our head up in pursuing our interest.

btw, hope you all can understand my half past six england translation.
    It's still +1 score advantage to photographers... all because you took the appropriate actions...

thanks!

i think they're referring to not going right up to a person and making it obvious that you're putting him in your frame..

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i think they're referring to not going right up to a person and making it obvious that you're putting him in your frame..
    reminds me of a certain oly advertisement

U can take photo of a building as long as u're outside of the owner's property plot, and as long as it's not a military protected place.

You can stand on someone's land to take pics of another building, they can't stop you also.

If ever I was stopped by some gungho guard for taking pics when I'm in public place and threatened with police call, I would say "fine, call. I wait here with u for them to arrive".

But of cos, the police officer in question must know this rule as well.

As for the foreigner double standard, its really racist and bewildering. Locals or local-looking people are a threat and foreign or foreign-looking people are not? I've got a angmoh friend who was able to take pics of some places without being stopped.

many hobbist photographers were complaining on a local forum for facing restriction with
    photography in public places. in chinatown, signages of No Photograph can be seen in many
    spots.

one of the hobbist photographer Yeo Boon Teck wrote to our papers to express his
    unhappiness.

mr. yeo says, he was stopped by the shop owner for photograph when he was there in
    chinatown for the CNY goodies early this year. later, he discovered even more of the
    signages within the chinatown area. mr. yeo feels that it is very unpleasant to have those
    signages in places like chinatown which is a tourism area. to see if the signages were really
    mean to take effect, mr yeo went back to chinatown few days later and he was again
    stopped for taking picture by the shop owner. some of the shops were even posted for a
    fee of $5 for any photo taken outside their shop. mr. yeo has since wrote to the STB.

base on the explaination from the shop owners of the signages, the move is to deter ppl
    from copying their products.

one of the souvenir shop owner says, some visitors removed the product without permission
    to take pic. some put the ancient hat on their sweaty head for photography and it left with
    unsightly marks on the unsold product. thus they have no choice but to impose the rule.
    if the visitor insists to take pic with the product, a $2 fees will be imposed.

according to mr yeo, beside chinatown, places like esplanade, national library, churches,
    shopping centre and 5 stars hotels are also restricting photography.

when our reporter checked thru the forum, we found some ppl complaining of security guards
    disallowed the local to take photo within the premises but not doing the same to the foreigners.

the management of the esplanade and NLB, both say that photography is allowed but plz
    try to be discreet. becos some ppl may not like to be captured into the pic.

as for esplanade, photographers are welcome to shoot inside n outside of the centre. but
    becos it is a prominent place, it can be targeted by the terrorist. as such, the security
    personnel would usually keep an eye on those ppl behaving suspiciously.

the handsome lawyer says:

everybody has the right of photography in public places. and owners are not allowed to
    impose any fee even if their shop is shot in a frame. in the event if the negative or camera
    is taken away for no reason, it is a case of robbery. if is pushed, it is a case of assault.

plz safe keep the article for reference.
    wow.. photographers are welcomed to shoot inside and outside of esplanade.. intersting.. this got to make a copy n show the security if they ever stop us..

I will drop by esplanade today with my profoto flash.

i will print the article out.

i shall see if i am stopped.

eh yeo pm me the reporter's contact. i want to talk to them about the bs and double standards of city hall and national stadium.
    edit typo on souble corrected lol
    Last edited by TheQuestion; 8th May 2009 at 10:04 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

I give you two thumbs up in advance If you're stopped, show them the article. If they still are not convinced, next step is to call the reporter up again for a follow up Then again, just call the reporter up anyway to tell them that the head don't match what the body does.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    I will drop by esplanade today with my profoto flash.

i will print the article out.

i shall see if i am stopped.

eh yeo pm me the reporter's contact. i want to talk to them about the bs and souble standards of city hall and national stadium.

Yeo Kai Li 杨恺莉
    Journalist
    Shin Min Daily News
    DID:63192146

"Yeo Kai Li" <yeokl@sph.com.sg>
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Yeo Kai Li 杨恺莉
    Journalist
    Shin Min Daily News
    DID:63192146

"Yeo Kai Li" <yeokl@sph.com.sg>
    what about the other reporter for the other paper? i think this might be a lead that he would more likely follow up on

what about the other reporter for the other paper? i think this might be a lead that he would more likely follow up on

9228 8736 WB reporter.
    kahchoon@sph.com.sg
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Maybe we can start a thread listing the commercial establishments that explicitly disallow
    photography in or near their premises, by signage or verbal instructions.

This way we can have an idea of the "no photography plz" situation in Singapore.

[ Flickr ]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcs View Post
    Maybe we can start a thread listing the commercial establishments that explicitly disallow
    photography in or near their premises, by signage or verbal instructions.

This way we can have an idea of the "no photography plz" situation in Singapore.

that is a good idea!

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast