Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

Quote Originally Posted by GoheadGostern View Post
    hi

haha. so would you leave the restaurant if you are halfway thru your meal? and another question pops up. DO you as a paying customer have the right to not to leave?.

Why is photography a specially touchy issue in Singapore? Sigh

Cheers
    Shaz
    because this is asia where they still think u're stealing their souls when u snap them.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Nope I wont be leaving the restaurant. I'll stand firm and tell the guy if he wants me to leave, I'll not pay for the meal
    hmmm, and if they insist u leave, and dowan u to pay, this could be a good idea to get free meal...lol.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    hmmm, and if they insist u leave, and dowan u to pay, this could be a good idea to get free meal...lol.
    i'll whip out my camera more often then. hahaaha
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

Ya that life in a "fine" city!

vince123123
    Guests

What most likely will happen is that they will let you finish your meal, suck it up on the photography bit and let you pay.

What most likely will happen is that they will let you finish your meal, suck it up on the photography bit and let you pay.
    which organisations have the legal right to collect a "fine"?

vince123123
    Guests

Only the government.

I also find that the polytechnics imposing a fine of S$5 for not bringing a thermometer, unjustified in law and students can refuse. They can bar entry if they want, but to say you pay fine and go in? that's silly and dumb. I wanted to write to ST on this, but didn't get round to it

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    which organisations have the legal right to collect a "fine"?

so...in the end, we still can take foto, just that they LL coz money more important to them.
    おれのflickrださ

vince123123
    Guests

Well practically speaking, probably yes.

so...in the end, we still can take foto, just that they LL coz money more important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bernards View Post
    I am no expert with Singapore libraries and their polices. But you probably won't be harassed outside the neighborhood branches. (Again, I never expected to be shooed from any library.) The National Library Building is another matter altogether. It's THE temple where the high priests of their tribe go on their power trips. Check it out for yourself.

What is next? The Merlion? Terrorists might attack it, or opportunists might sell images of it.
    Very true... I often head into the Bedok branch armed with my DSLR just slinged around me, pointing backwards, and I have never ONCE even got any attention from any of the attendents or staff there...

I'ven't tried tat in National Library recently though... mebbe I'll go there soon and try
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

i'd been offered by the waitress to help take groups photos in restaurants b4. had seen waiters offering to help take group photos for others too. isn't it better for them? free publicity and shows more warmness?

i still recall one of my class gatherings..we took picsi at a restaurant..the shop owner saw us taking pics, came over and cheekily said, "show the shop signboard in your photo hor..free publicity "

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i still recall one of my class gatherings..we took picsi at a restaurant..the shop owner saw us taking pics, came over and cheekily said, "show the shop signboard in your photo hor..free publicity "

very sporting owner.. we should have more of such people running businesses.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

There are few reasons that I can think of which forbids photography within library. First being to prevent some cheapskate from snapping pictures of reference books. Second to eliminate unnecessary discomfort for readers. Imagine photographers going in with bulky tripod and blinding people with flashes.

That said, I think the security at the library is being overzealous and exercised poor on the ground discretion. Also, the complete lack of soft skills among security officers is another show case how lousy our customer service are.

vince123123
    Guests

I think they are talking about the scenic area and not so much the reading areas.

I feel the situation is worst now, given the sense of paranoia that stomp has successfully created. Whip out a camera, and anyone in front of the camera would think whether they're being "stomped" by the photographer.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    very sporting owner.. we should have more of such people running businesses.
    Yes, that's the way to go !!
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Very true... I often head into the Bedok branch armed with my DSLR just slinged around me, pointing backwards, and I have never ONCE even got any attention from any of the attendents or staff there...

I'ven't tried tat in National Library recently though... mebbe I'll go there soon and try
    The Esplanade library is one of them. I don't see why they fear people bringing camera into the library, or even taking snap shots.

Is there any special design in the library that is an intellectual property? I don't know. It is a mystery to the public.

I can't believe this is happening in Singapore, photographers are actually being treated like skateboarders!! We're being shooed around everywhere we go.

Are the clicking of the camera shutters so disturbing loud to them?? Taking pictures of a building means you want to bomb them?!! Please leh. I understand the security guards are just doing their job and I imagined they are also looking for a good challenge to liven up their boring prowling day. If I'm a security guard, I know I will have a kick too shooing away joyous photographers taking pictures of the the building I jaga when I have to work on a Sunday morning. If I see you guys are having fun in a group, even worse, I must come and break up the fun!!

But that's besides the point, I believe we must stand up for our rights as photographers. We are just a bunch of harmless, peace-loving people who 'shoots' with a camera. It's not as if we are wearing Taliban clothing, taking pictures and writing notes at the same time

I've always love a good photography challenge and I'll make my way down to the National library this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I've always love a good photography challenge and I'll make my way down to the National library this weekend
    Do keep us posted on the outcome
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast