Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: 'No Photography' Plz...

Default Re: 'No Photography' Plz...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    There may be no law for photography in public area but I guess its the entire atmosphere which I personally feel there's no point 'contesting the right to shoot photos'.

I mean, don't you get SICK of engaging yourself in shouting matches simply because of 'your rights' and almost everytime you are shooting portraitures or landscapes in public?
    personally, i think we should not give in. if everyone fights back and be firmed on our
    ground, we will not be bullied indefinitely. i think most of us are too nice liao.

if there is no law for it, no one can put a rule onto me.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    Shin Min Daily: $50 reward for exclusive news 1800-8227288
    my cheena is not so powderful that i can do an interview entirely in mandarin
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I can visualize sensationalized headlines....

Tourism reliant city-state Singapore is Banning photography in public places, citing security and architectural copyrights reason.

(tourist advisory : keep your cameras at home... if you like to recall where you've been... you can join a tour again )

*IIRC the durian was supposed to be copyrighted
    then how to spur them into action?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    my cheena is not so powderful that i can do an interview entirely in mandarin
    now journalists have to be multi-lingual u know? (remember the australian model whose article ran on the papers? i doubt she can speak chinese any better than you)

vince123123
    Guests

It doesn't matter whether the "durian is copyrighted", the fact remains that under the Copyright Act, taking a photo of da building does not infringe on the copyright in the building.

Tourism reliant city-state Singapore is Banning photography in public places, citing security and architectural copyrights reason.

(tourist advisory : keep your cameras at home... if you like to recall where you've been... you can join a tour again )

So that's why foreign-looking or people of foreign ethnicity are not targeted by guards but locals are.

Exactly!

Is there a difference between the pictures taken by these two different groups?

You mean that the tourists have no ill intent but the locals have?

Come on! Flickr has millions of building images of countries around the world.
    Try searching the tagged images:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/building/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/buildings/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/singapore/

Why haven't the governments of the world asking Flickr users to remove these images?
    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    So that's why foreign-looking or people of foreign ethnicity are not targeted by guards
    but locals are.
    [ Flickr ]

vince123123
    Guests

Because even our SG Government is not the one targetting such photographers, but wannabe ISD security guards and building managers.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether the "durian is copyrighted", the fact remains that under the Copyright Act, taking a photo of da building does not infringe on the copyright in the building.
    this is something I dun even bother... cuz I no copying a damn building
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

vince123123
    Guests

I don't take building photographs either, but thought it would be useful for the other photographers who do.

this is something I dun even bother... cuz I no copying a damn building

Because even our SG Government is not the one targetting such photographers, but wannabe ISD security guards and building managers.
    sad but... haiz... too many ISD wannabes
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

It boosts their own ego.

I've ever been told off by a cafe worker to stop taking pics of their shophouse (I'm shooting UP from the street) because it's private property and illegal to take pics. But of cos I know they have no legal right to stop me.

People making their own rules. Even if the shooter is on private property, I believe he can shoot unless being told or informed not to. It's not like I'm being a voyeur shooting into some toilet or it's some protected place.

hi

a question.

let say we are eating at a cafe/restaurant. and i am to whip out my camera to take a picture of my kids or family. then approached immediately by a waiter and told not to do photography of the shops interior. would arguing that im not photographing the interior but my family be a valid argument? Apologies if this has been asked b4

cheers
    Shaz
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

politely ask for the B&W that says no photography. if none, the waiter has no right to enforce such "rules"

hi

ah. thanks for the help evenstar. appreciate.

cheers
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

vince123123
    Guests

Yes it would, although the restaurant would have the right to ask you to leave if they wanted to. The tricky bit then comes in if you are already halfway through your meal

Quote Originally Posted by GoheadGostern View Post
    hi

a question.

let say we are eating at a cafe/restaurant. and i am to whip out my camera to take a picture of my kids or family. then approached immediately by a waiter and told not to do photography of the shops interior. would arguing that im not photographing the interior but my family be a valid argument? Apologies if this has been asked b4

cheers
    Shaz

i've taken out my camera on semi swanky restaurants as well to take fotos of their food...no one come to complain. altho its a bit weird coz ppl at the nex table keeps looking at us. mayb they tho my fren and i are some famous food fotographers. lol! prolly y no one stops us.
    おれのflickrださ

Yes it would, although the restaurant would have the right to ask you to leave if they wanted to. The tricky bit then comes in if you are already halfway through your meal
    hi

haha. so would you leave the restaurant if you are halfway thru your meal? and another question pops up. DO you as a paying customer have the right to not to leave?.

Why is photography a specially touchy issue in Singapore? Sigh

Cheers
    Shaz

hi

haha. so would you leave the restaurant if you are halfway thru your meal? and another question pops up. DO you as a paying customer have the right to not to leave?.

Cheers
    Shaz
    err.....coz they don look good on camera? shy? paranoid big canon toting school kid is a big time terrorist? donno.
    おれのflickrださ

vince123123
    Guests

Nope I wont be leaving the restaurant. I'll stand firm and tell the guy if he wants me to leave, I'll not pay for the meal

hi

Cheers
    Shaz

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast