Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody heading down to Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh city end March?

Default Re: Anybody heading down to Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh city end March?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG View Post
    I am also interest to visit Halong Bay one day, what is the most reasonable cost to be there? Do we have to join tour group or the hotel can make arrangement for us? Can we go to the bay and buy the ticket on the spot?
    Will post any updates here. Hope others who have been there and done that can share their experiences as well!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyeyedpsycho View Post
    Finish what's on ya plate first then we'll talk abt that!
    Hope before I become a national slave

Will post any updates here. Hope others who have been there and done that can share their experiences as well!
    I will be going there for the 3rd time early March. Adviseable to book from a reliable agent and I recommend Sinh Cafe. There are many fake 'Sinh Cafes' around but go to the one at 52 Luong Ngoc Quyen. The day trip includes a stopover at 2 caves. Happy shooting!

Hotel counters take a commission for selling tour packages, and most of the time they have absolutely NO IDEA on weather conditions, conditions of buses and boats etc. Their job is just to sell tickets.

Yes, dealing direct is also dangerous as once u r on board, u r at their mercy. They might bring u to a floating fish market, ask u to buy some seafood for them to cook onboard... and they slaughter u then. Or they might take u on a "short-cut" tour. Most of the time, u dun speak their languages so u r helpless.

Go directly to a reputable travel agent...many of them around Old Quarter. Agree on what's included in the package, eg lunch? dinner? places to visit? time allocated? etc

Thanks for the advice! Strangely I was told to make arrangements w the hotel for tours. Apparently the likelihood of being ripped off is greater if you deal direct w the boat owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12